Mercfil's arent gimped ! Proof inside.

L

Lynxian

My infil...

Can´t say I like these kind of "I´m stronger than you" threads but here´s how I see it.

My infil is specced following:

50 thrust

44 Crit strike

35 stealth

25 Envenom

31 Dual Wield

It works great against casters and "ok" against tanks in 1vs1 situations. I love that spec because nothing makes me more satisfied than a perfect PA. :)'

Can´t say mercinfils are bad, the specc just isn´t my style.

T

the_smurflord

I'm more the classic critblade.

50 thrust
44 CS
34 stealth
34 envenom
22 Dual Wield

Never lost a duel to Shaeffer yet. :)

C

Cush

Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
rofl give me a screenshot of some infil unbuffed doing more damage than my front Dual Shadow's style.... then i belive you, i have done 300damage with it on unbuffed rr4-5 foe's, maybe when u put the buffs aside we can speak Zii.

rofl show me a unbuffed infil!

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by the_smurflord

Never lost a duel to Shaeffer yet. :)

It was lag, i swear to god i avoided that pa, you were miles away :/ :p

cush, one unbuffed infil looking atcha.

I'm rr4 3

50dw
50thr
31steal
35 env

and my average seems to be about 100-150 with dualshadows.

If you factor in the unstyled hit, possible crits, etc, then yeah you might get around 300, but thats not the style itself doing that.

Can usually beat paladins id say about 60-40 in my favour from what ive seen. Stealthers all depends on pa obviously. Highlight so far has to be taking out two shadowblades at the same time in a fight. Just got lucky heh. my evade rate was obscene in that fight.

Do I think mercfils are overpowered? If fully buffed, then they tear up everything in sight, so yes. But if unbuffed, nothing really that different to a normal crit-inf. Just a different style of play all together.

A mercfil is simply a mercenary who has sacrificed weaponskill and chain and hitpoints and cheap determination/purge etc for stealth and evade and poisons.

Its different enough to keep it as it is. Some situations a crit-inf is better, others a mercfil. Same as with anything.

To those who moan about the shadowzerker equivalent being nerfed yet not being all that different, the main difference i would suggest is that a shadowzerker could do the same damage output as a mercfil at the same speed as a pa-inf. ive been hit by doublefrost or whatever its called for pa damage!

I do however sympathise alot with them, as whilst i feel it needed to be toned down, i do think it went too far the other way. At the end of the day, the classes themselves are fine. Its the buffbot that makes classes overpowered. I've seen what i can do fully buffed, and to be honest it doesnt interest me in the slightest. <shrug>

my 2c

T

the_smurflord

2 out of 100.

I gave my bot account away months ago.

O

old.Tyraette

pretty much :(

off hand i can name Huntseker, Bigchiefweale <apparently> but thats about it. Most of the templar ones also, the likes of Carrain, Tamron. Roseanna maybe as well.

But aye dont get me wrong, I agree with you in that its sad that theres so few now it seems.

Going to try and make it my mission to get rr5 solo/duo unbuffed heh.

O

old.Tyraette

2 out of 100.

I gave my bot account away months ago.

oi tart why aint you on msn <bored and curious>

T

the_smurflord

BT having serious DNS problems today.
Can't access 80% of the websites I normally do, and it can't find the MSN servers. Or I would be.

D

Dook_Pug

BT having serious DNS problems today.
Can't access 80% of the websites I normally do, and it can't find the MSN servers. Or I would be.

Same thing happening with AOL (I don't have it, sister does) ;o

O

osrim

Another mercfil template

21 cs
50 thrust
50 dw
30 stealth
30 poison

Tried several during respec all bug...that felt best imo.

U get past defences (bt, parry, block, evade etc) with pa or bs2.

Havent played for 6+ months him but maybe sometime in future again.

C

Cush

PA aint that good tho with 30 stealth since they kinda spot you a mile away

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
pretty much :(

off hand i can name Huntseker, Bigchiefweale <apparently> but thats about it. Most of the templar ones also, the likes of Carrain, Tamron. Roseanna maybe as well.

But aye dont get me wrong, I agree with you in that its sad that theres so few now it seems.

Going to try and make it my mission to get rr5 solo/duo unbuffed heh.

tbh, even the people who don't own their own buffbots are likely to borrow buffs from someone else's (so would I if I got the offer) if they are running in stealth groups.

A

ashitaka

Lol those screenshots prove precislely DICK.

You bought that char on ebay, didn't you?

O

osrim

Originally posted by Cush
PA aint that good tho with 30 stealth since they kinda spot you a mile away

Well, 30 stealth +17 felt decent. I got quite offen pa off and still saw far enough other stealthers to avoid it if need.

its better the higher rr u get...:)

G

Gillan

Duelled my mate Qerion and his mercofil (50 dw, 50 thrust, 2x env, 21 cs) about 30+ times not using dragonfang or PA/bs. My spec was 50 thrust, 44 cs, 35 env, 22 dw. We just accept duel and start bashing, buffed and unbuffed. I won about 50% of the times.

G

greatred

Originally posted by saijan_WarLord
EDIT: remember to copy link into your browser.
Another method (for lazy people like me) is to click the link, then when the error page comes up to click on the location box (where the URL is) and press enter (or press the GO button ;) ).

O

osrim

Originally posted by Gillan
Duelled my mate Qerion and his mercofil (50 dw, 50 thrust, 2x env, 21 cs) about 30+ times not using dragonfang or PA/bs. My spec was 50 thrust, 44 cs, 35 env, 22 dw. We just accept duel and start bashing, buffed and unbuffed. I won about 50% of the times.

Bone for me with high dw besides dual shadowns was haste from diffrent speed weapons, using 3.7 gladius or 3.5 guarded rapier in mainhand and 2.2 dirk offhand gave nice haste when both weapons hitted same time. Had dr 3 and got about 72-75% dw rate when parsed big logs. Had mopain 4 too.

Dunno if your friend took advantage of that.

G

Gillan

Originally posted by osrim
Bone for me with high dw besides dual shadowns was haste from diffrent speed weapons, using 3.7 gladius or 3.5 guarded rapier in mainhand and 2.2 dirk offhand gave nice haste when both weapons hitted same time. Had dr 3 and got about 72-75% dw rate when parsed big logs. Had mopain 4 too.

Dunno if your friend took advantage of that.

Actually we were using same weapons both of us, Guarded Rapier mainhand, Long Dirk lefthand. We were roughly the same rr and roughly the same inactive RA's. I had MoP3 and he only 2 tho.

Edit: But the true strength in mercfils lies imo in that their styles take a lot less endurance then my garotte/ah spamming. Garotte has a big penalty for defence also, wich affects duel evading alot. (Don't remember is dual shadows has the same penalty tho.)

O

old.Emma

Wish i could break 300 damage using a front positional style when buffed let alone unbuffed :(

Record since respecced

Havok for

231 dmg vs some gimp mpk camping infil with 3% slash resist :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom