Mercfil's arent gimped ! Proof inside.

S

saijan_WarLord

Yer we aint gimped. i hear loads of people saying that it's a shitty beeing mercfil whitch makes people dont try go for that specc, it actually made me turn on my young lvl 23 infil too, but now i find it gr8.

here is some screenies for ya, watch the buffed ones fall to my blades:

http://www.geocities.com/riav_01/sshot063.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/riav_01/sshot065.jpg
(i did him to 1% hp until this guy stole my fragg)

http://www.geocities.com/riav_01/sshot066.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/riav_01/sshot067.jpg

Dont be scared of the 50 DW specc as an infil, u can find it l33t if
u try it :)

EDIT: remember to copy link into your browser.

S

speshneeds

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer

S

saijan_WarLord

it works for me, nerf geocities.
Says acces will be restored, anyway it's a picture of a mercfil beating up x4 lvl 50 Stealthers buffed, sb's/NS' with 30% or more hp left. and the MErcfil isent buffed

T

The Real Redi

errr, that first one you have up there - doesnt that kind of wreck the Abermenai raid that Garok "Has kindly set up"? :lol:

oopsy on that one... maybe you shouldve Photoshopped it a bit first, eh? <laughs>

Wonder if Garoks a forgiving fella... <laughs>

Z

Zii

so a screenshot with dragonfang doing normal dmg.. wow they all do that.

and a screenshot with a frontbased style doing less dmg than infils do in me with garrote wich is a all around style..

whats so great about it?

T

Talen

heh of course mercfils aren't "gimped". I have been using that spec since lvl 41 and I'm quite pleased with it. But it requires a bit more skill to play then your average "garrote-ah spammer" :eek:

But overall a normal CS specced infil > DW specced infil for solo anyway, I specced the infil this way because I hate anytimers and I want to feel like I have to be awake to do something in RvR, and partly because of the reason that I group with my guild if I'm not soloing.

And beating people with xx% hp left doesn't really prove shit tbh. Random luck with evades/RAs doesn't cut it. It's not like there is something extreme with you being able to kill assasins 1v1. ^^

I am probably the most "active" so called mercfil specced infil currently and yes I am pleased with my setup at the moment but a CS infil would still be superior overall for solo.

There are many newb mercfils who doesn't even know how DW works in essence which in the end makes them quite gimped. :)

S

saijan_WarLord

Originally posted by Zii
so a screenshot with dragonfang doing normal dmg.. wow they all do that.

and a screenshot with a frontbased style doing less dmg than infils do in me with garrote wich is a all around style..

whats so great about it?

rofl give me a screenshot of some infil unbuffed doing more damage than my front Dual Shadow's style.... then i belive you, i have done 300damage with it on unbuffed rr4-5 foe's, maybe when u put the buffs aside we can speak Zii.

Originally posted by Talen
I am probably the most "active" so called mercfil specced infil currently and yes I am pleased with my setup at the moment but a CS infil would still be superior overall for solo.

There are many newb mercfils who doesn't even know how DW works in essence which in the end makes them quite gimped.

belive Momolomo got 50+ days played and been mercfil since beginning.
And the last part there is so true :)

S

saijan_WarLord

heh of course mercfils aren't "gimped". I have been using that spec since lvl 41 and I'm quite pleased with it. But it requires a bit more skill to play then your average "garrote-ah spammer" :eek:

But overall a normal CS specced infil > DW specced infil for solo anyway, I specced the infil this way because I hate anytimers and I want to feel like I have to be awake to do something in RvR, and partly because of the reason that I group with my guild if I'm not soloing.

And beating people with xx% hp left doesn't really prove shit tbh. Random luck with evades/RAs doesn't cut it. It's not like there is something extreme with you being able to kill assasins 1v1. ^^

There are many newb mercfils who doesn't even know how DW works in essence which in the end makes them quite gimped. :)

but i disagree with the luck on evades etc, i can Dual Shadow thru the whole battle and win if you want me to... it depends on the rr and equipment. and rr5+ buffed peeps usualy have sc gear.

T

Talen

heh if you have done 300+ damage without crits with dual shadows then you are a extremly bad liar. My current cap with rr6 is 302 damage with it using a guarded rapier while unbuffed. ^^

And I truly doubt that you ever do cap damage on other unbuffed people while being unbuffed. and no you wouldn't probably win a fight if you just "spammed" dualshadows4thewin. You wont impress on me while trying to imply that "OMG DUAL SHADOWS ROCKS" as your current account is a bought one and those 50+ days isn't all your time played so. :eek:

I have played this char from rr1l3 to rr6l8 with this current spec and yes I know about the flaws and the perks of it by now. How long have you had the char? ><

So please dont try to say "OMG I R UBER AND I CAN SPAM DUAL SHADOWS FOR THE WIN".

thanks ^^

EDIT: And no killing a few of the rr2-rr4 PLed shadowzerg (Enemypursuer for example) doesn't really impress me. :)

G

ghoul

YOU ROCK! MAY I TOUCH YOUR CHEST?11111111111111111111111111111

S

Sharma

"hi im a guy with a bought char and i can spam style and also brag about the time played/realm rank of the char, this char currently has 50+ day played of which i have player _1_ i can also show you screenshot proving my uberness, please bow down and kiss my feet"

Wow you rock, now go buy a 2H savage and send us screenshots of you doing 2000+ damage with an any timer.

O

old.Tyraette

<shrugs>

Been mercfil since respec patch came out, think i was about lvl 35ish at the time, not sure. Was long long time ago anyway. Might even go so far as to contest that most active mercfil claim :p though in terms of rp i dont come close and dont claim to <shrugs>

50th 50dw 34env 33stealth.

Personally, I love it and woudlnt change it for the world. Though thats not to say its uber, or better than or worse than a normal crit-infil.

As usual its all a matter of preference and situations. I find myself solo a lot, and whilst of my mighty 60ish days played ive only got rr3 9 , its almost all solo. Not buffed most of the time <and if im beckoning for a solo 1v1 fight i drop them in any case> so its a little harder work for me than not.

Mercfils are all about positionals, as Talen said. I find I can usually hold my own against most melee classes ina 1v1 fight <great for a soloer> I'd say that I win 60% of my duels versus paladins, and only really get utterly owned by friars.

Casters though, are a different story, as I find I need to kill them quickly, especially with hibs and their pesky qc stun. Getting them to melee so I can stun them myself as opposed to using creeping death is a bit of a tall order heh.

Personally though, since im solo, the odds on me coming across a caster by himself are practically zero, and on the rare occassions i do, ive usually got purge up <shrugs>

Depends what you use it for really. I find both specs to be viable. Just dont expect to do much at keepraids heh.

As an added bonus though, fully buffed you kick arse as a tank in pve :)

IMO

mercfil > critfil vs _most_ melee <1v1>
Critfil > mercfil vs casters

Oh, and mercfil is great versus other stealthers. because your stealth is a bit poo, they see you coming and try and line up pa. as soon as you see them, break your own stealth and pop their own stealth. in pure melee vs melee youll take them down most of the time.

you pays your money you takes your pick. No point saying one is uberl33t against the other..you might as well compare an ice wiz to a fire wiz. both are good.

<awaits inevitable 'liste: schaeff youre still a gimp' comment :p>

S

Spamb0t

erm.. those screenshots... wtf is those supposed to prove? ;O

1st: not even a DW style
2nd/3rd: nothing special with that dmg is it?
4th: wtf?! u pwnd!? OMG MERCFIL ROX!!

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Shaeff old friend, you are still a gimp ^^

T

Talen

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
[BOh, and mercfil is great versus other stealthers. because your stealth is a bit poo, they see you coming and try and line up pa. as soon as you see them, break your own stealth and pop their own stealth. in pure melee vs melee youll take them down most of the time.
[/B]

Heh, since when is it a advantage to be seen early by your enemy, the only thing you do is to give them a greater chance of landing their PA imo. :)

O

old.Tyraette

Heh, since when is it a advantage to be seen early by your enemy, the only thing you do is to give them a greater chance of landing their PA imo. :)

im an assassin hunter...my own stealth is a bit poo, so if i can get them to come to me, im happy :) I dont think ive ever been pa'd unless im already fighting someone else. When they see me, usually they stop for a second to try and ascertain my movement so they can position for a pa. All i then do is pop'n'fresh :p

O

old.Krusha

[BCritfil > mercfil vs casters
[/B]

Thats why im keeping my "lowly" 39 cs :)

And no im not knocking -your- choice of playstyle/specc.. just saying i see my role as a caster killer esp when in group battle etc. And it works somewhat othertimes.. SC/buffs kinda get in the way ;)

"If it feels good, do it" - James Hetfield

O

old.Morchaoron

<shrugs>

Been mercfil since respec patch came out, think i was about lvl 35ish at the time, not sure. Was long long time ago anyway. Might even go so far as to contest that most active mercfil claim :p

not too fast, my dwinfil (as i like to call it) was 50 by then already....

dwinfils are not bad BUT... it is a buffbot spec, with buffbot your so much much much more stronger compared to a CS infil with buffs, guess it must be cuz your offhand weapon gets a enormous boost in weaponskill and you swing it so often, this especially counts when you get to land your df

true they suck vs casters in damage, cuz you have no big opening style, but then again i never made it to play the 'pussy-caster-poker' but to hunt sbs and ns', and it worked damn well...

O

old.Tyraette

watch it listy...or ill write you into loyalty. in pink. and gay. :eek:

M

Myddrin

only have 21 DW on Artful but with RR and items bonus and DR3 hes up to about 50 DW and still has 39 CS, seems to DW a lot of the time now thanks to DR....

Defenitely reccomend Duellists reflexes to any inf with low DW...yeah you miss out on the DW styles themselves but mix offhand hitting more regularly with a sprinkling of MOP and you have pretty respectable melee damage even though CS specced.

O

old.Sohawen

Think my garrot can hit harder than that ... but maybe im wrong

E

Ezeine

Originally posted by Bigade
my merc can do more dmg blindfolded imo!

And still you loose in a duel to an inf ? Shaaame on you :great:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom