Mercenary

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
I have a merc and wondering what specc i should go for. Planning on 50/50/28 but some ppl say i should get more parry, like 40ish or so. I will have 28 (+15) parry when i hit 50 and MoP2. But isnt that enough? And btw isnt Dia Slash the best melee attack in the game?

Raze

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
What do you need that much parry for?

I could understand it in some way if you were making a battlemaster merc who will get enemy tanks on him because of bodyguard, but why not make a shield tank instead and live longer? As a merc I would go for banelord, and in the nature of light tanks you're more about damage and less about defense.

Unless you plan on soloing a lot or not RvR much I can't see what you'd want high parry.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
50/50/28 is the way to go, at least most think and i am one of those.

Parry has never helped me hardly in rvr, i haven't even got +11 parry or capped dex, if you going to solo often then master of parry 2 is very nice with perhaps dodger 2 later on and capped dex(if you aren't and going to group often, i do not find either of those that useful).Diamond slash isn't that good, dual shadows is very good considering it has a lovely bleed and fairly easy to pull off(nice damage too) however the DW side chain is what you should try and use most since it's the most damaging and also the first style snares your enemy.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Razemouze said:
I have a merc and wondering what specc i should go for. Planning on 50/50/28 but some ppl say i should get more parry, like 40ish or so. I will have 28 (+15) parry when i hit 50 and MoP2. But isnt that enough? And btw isnt Dia Slash the best melee attack in the game?

Raze
50/50/28, parry sucks in rvr, n merc is made pretty mutch just for offence anyway, not like you'll ever parry/evade in fg fights... with a highlander :/

n yeah dia/amy slash are my fav attacks anyway

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Razemouze said:
And btw isnt Dia Slash the best melee attack in the game?
hehe no not quite. dia does same dmg as backslash, dual shadows does about the same as both of them but has that juicy bleed on top. flank chain is a merc's most dmging style/s but it does miss pretty often :(

28parry is plenty for grp rvr, thinkin about going 23shield 17parry tho myself (for NF and for the 6s rear stun if/when needed)

~40parry is for gothwaite dual freeks, pve addicts and soloers :fluffle:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
You want extra Parry go Master of parry 2 .. you will want the extra DW styles and WS from specing 50 DW 50 Wep

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
50/50/28, parry sucks in rvr, n merc is made pretty mutch just for offence anyway, not like you'll ever parry/evade in fg fights... with a highlander :/

n yeah dia/amy slash are my fav attacks anyway

when i played merc flank/shadow rain were doin ALOT more dmg ;)
for any decent tank side style = anytime if u'r not just an anytime spammer :p

Martok

Part of the furniture
hay i have 50/50/28 not capped dex and no + parry apart from my rr i also have moparry 2 but thats cos i solo alot. will soon be specking out of it. DW styles are the best with AS once or twice if low on end as its good for lag running through target's :worthy:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
for any decent tank side style = anytime if u'r not just an anytime spammer :p
if u fight n00bs who are kind enuf to stand still and not twist/rotate/strafe-abuse or... heaven forbid.. run. when u dont fight n00bs u find an anytime backup or opener style, such as amy slash, rather handy. amy >>> an unstyled hit and it never misses.

emma

Loyal Freddie
If you plan on solo`n alot then i recommend 44/50/37 although after trying that spec and then respeccing to 50/50/28 i hardly noticed any difference in defense and a slight increase in offense.

But as Sycho said, if your after ML`s banelord is the way. Battlemaster sucks donkey balls on a merc.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
if u fight n00bs who are kind enuf to stand still and not twist/rotate/strafe-abuse or... heaven forbid.. run. when u dont fight n00bs u find an anytime backup or opener style, such as amy slash, rather handy. amy >>> an unstyled hit and it never misses.

read again i said about anytime spammers, didnt saw a word about amethyst as back up.

Calgacus

Fledgling Freddie
What I did with my merc is went crush till 40 then respecced to slash which had been autotraining and so I have 50/50/30 parry. But I agree with everyone else that parry wont really win the day for you :) Flank combo is great!!!

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
only bad thing with dual shadows, gives u defense penalty where as dia/ame slash dont :clap:

Defence penalty doesn't effect damage dealt in pvp(in pve it's different though i think) it only makes them have 10% more chance not to miss as far as i know.

Also some slash mercs use enrage>>sapphire slash chain instead of the ame/diamond one since it does more damage although enrage has no to hit i think? can't remember off my head playing 1000 chars at once xD

My caps with 60 qui are:

Amethyst: 399+232
Diamond: 479+232
Flank: 483+232
Shadow's rain: 536+232

With 135:

Amethyst 362+232(i think)
Diamond: 442+232 or so
Flank: 444+232
Shadow's rain: 488+232

To be honest if you are toa sc'ed on your merc and buffed very good you pretty much can 2 shot some casters with the flank chain....providing you do not hit a bladeturn barrier of course.

as well as the 10% miss chance if u do ame slash then dia slash, then get hit u dont get hit for as much as you would if u just spam dual shadows.
dual shadows good to make em bleed jus makes u get hit for wee bit more dmg, but nothing any1 cant handle :p

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
got a question, have anyone tryed using Dark Tendrils? how the hell do u use it?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Bah can't edit, it's off parry now but was evade from 1.62 the merc changes patch they must of changed it again, i never use it.I find reflection the best parry style.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
tendrils is useful if u dont have dual shadows... or in pve dont want the def penalty of dual shadows, became quite obvious what effect that had during ToA PvE marathon :p

Martok

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
My caps with 60 qui are:

Amethyst: 399+232
Diamond: 479+232
Flank: 483+232
Shadow's rain: 536+232

With 135:

Amethyst 362+232(i think)
Diamond: 442+232 or so
Flank: 444+232
Shadow's rain: 488+232

I think i need less quick and more Beer :drink:

BunzofSteel

Fledgling Freddie
Crush Merc FTW :)

50 D/W, 50 CRUSH 28 PARRY FTW .. if yer a half ogre anyway :worthy:

nice damage and nice stuns :clap:

Still everyone has their own view !! ..... waits for the flame spam hehe :kissit:

Ogric TheHandsomeOgre :eek2:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
only bad thing with dual shadows, gives u defense penalty where as dia/ame slash dont :clap:
Defense penalty crap is only for PVE, not pvp.

BunzofSteel said:
50 D/W, 50 CRUSH 28 PARRY FTW .. if yer a half ogre anyway

nice damage and nice stuns :clap:

Still everyone has their own view !! ..... waits for the flame spam hehe :kissit:

Ogric TheHandsomeOgre :eek2:

flaming ppl sux
dusnt make u any friends
no flames from me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom