Mercenary Template

bainteor

Banned
Hello FreddysHouse, I am looking for a Mercenary template and perhaps a modern spec for a Mercenary as well - for example, Slash or Thrust? I heard that Dual Shadows is not as good as it used to be, do you still go 50 Dual Wield?

I have not played my Mercenary since Old Frontiers, and so all I have is an old Shrouded Isles template that Sycho made if I remember correctly, it has all these old items such as Ebony Defiler, Scurceol's Belt, Oil Drenched Cleaning Rag and other most probably useless items. Therefore, I need a template that will allow me to compete in level 50 RvR. Perhaps two would be useful; one that is not too costly that can we me started, and a second that I should strive to attain when I am able to get some money.

Thank you for your time =). Rep is available.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
50(51after rr5) weapon 50 offhand spec and resy in parry

So at rr1-2 u should have 38-39 weapon 50 offhand mid 40's parry

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
50(51after rr5) weapon 50 offhand spec and resy in parry

So at rr1-2 u should have 38-39 weapon 50 offhand mid 40's parry

what he said + thrust is prob the best all round imo in terms of armour weakness/neutral, also for solo :p slash if you just want to mindlessly mash buttons (still does good damage slash but its fairly faceroll)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Hello FreddysHouse, I am looking for a Mercenary template and perhaps a modern spec for a Mercenary as well - for example, Slash or Thrust? I heard that Dual Shadows is not as good as it used to be, do you still go 50 Dual Wield?

I have not played my Mercenary since Old Frontiers, and so all I have is an old Shrouded Isles template that Sycho made if I remember correctly, it has all these old items such as Ebony Defiler, Scurceol's Belt, Oil Drenched Cleaning Rag and other most probably useless items. Therefore, I need a template that will allow me to compete in level 50 RvR. Perhaps two would be useful; one that is not too costly that can we me started, and a second that I should strive to attain when I am able to get some money.

Thank you for your time =). Rep is available.

I made a merc recently, so the information I provide is not based on experience but the research that I did.

You want to have 50 DW and initially 39 weapon spec. I did what deception said and put the rest in parry to give 44. Some people still like speccing shield for slam, but that's only 5 seconds. Definitely an option at higher rr though when you can drop your weapon spec more and invest in some MoParry.

When choosing your weapon spec its basically between slash and thrust:

Slash only needs to template str where as Thrust needs str and dex.
If you have the money you can get Astral Conflag axe and Astral Blade of Illusions (BoI). Thrust can get Astral Mephetic Fang (AMF) which has a disease proc which is uber and is alot cheaper than the slash weapons. Everything is either thrust weak or neutral. Lots of people are slash resistant.

I needed to make a cheap template and have malice axe offhand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom