Merc spec?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Worth going slam spec on merc? wanna try something new :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I would, lack of a stun side chain makes chasing people tedious...

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Try it ;p , gimps your dual shadows damage and you have to switch shield/offhander manually but if that doesnt bother you its so worth it.

But what do I know, I'm thrust :m00:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Robin the Brave said:
Try it ;p , gimps your dual shadows damage and you have to switch shield/offhander manually but if that doesnt bother you its so worth it.

But what do I know, I'm thrust :m00:

how much damge do i lose on duel shadows? :)

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Eeben said:
how much damge do i lose on duel shadows? :)

Never tested it but if you didnt autotrain you would have to spec 50 DW, 42 Shield, 39 Weapon(41 with full auto).

So check your damage then remove 11 Skill and check again :p, not that you really need Dual Shadows, Slam > Flank > Shadow's Rain is all good <3

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
Robin the Brave said:
Never tested it but if you didnt autotrain you would have to spec 50 DW, 42 Shield, 39 Weapon(41 with full auto).

So check your damage then remove 11 Skill and check again :p, not that you really need Dual Shadows, Slam > Flank > Shadow's Rain is all good <3

Autotrain only trains slash/thrust, so irrelevant for a crush merc

Dual Shadows dmg shouldn't be gimped as it's a DW style, and unless I'm mistaken (quite a realistic possibility) 39 +11 Crush = 50 +11 Crush when using DW styles which tbh you should be using.

Lack of side stun is a fecking pain in the arse, I'm 50 DW, 42 Shield, 39 Crush atm and although it's fiddely to swap (especially if you've never played an assasin class) there are ways and means. If you can have your inv open and shield/battler in the 1st slot - try and position your self side-on to start (then you don't waste time moving after you slam), slam using the number key shortcut on your keyboard whilst selecting Battler and hovering over the shield slot with the mouse hand. Once you see slam go off, left-click drop Battler into the shield slot.

NB - it's useful to have flank right next to slam so your left hand can immeditately follow with flank. Very tasty when it works.

Another thing - if you do this a lot each fight, prepare for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, a much better way to do things is (unless you a pure tank group) to realise that your role early on is interrupting casters and healers whilst your support locks them down/shears their scummy asses. Run around slamming their casters and
healers - it's a nice tasty 9sec interrupt effectively, and if you look at them in an ominous manner they will probably waste purge too. Once your casters give you the ok to start hurting 1 target repeatedly, then switch to DW (thus you only need to switch once in a fight which is very do-able) and you have probably achieved more than consistently wailing on one target all that time.

All that aside - it takes some getting used to.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Aeoric said:
Dual Shadows dmg shouldn't be gimped as it's a DW style, and unless I'm mistaken (quite a realistic possibility) 39 +11 Crush = 50 +11 Crush when using DW styles which tbh you should be using.

I believe that's true for all but the level 50 styles.
It's not really a problem for crit strike assasins for which wyrd spec was really invented as the style is 4th in a chain and often not specced for, for mercs it is still an issue when using DS.

For every DW style other than dual shadows you'll notice no difference.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
I believe that's true for all but the level 50 styles.
It's not really a problem for crit strike assasins for which wyrd spec was really invented as the style is 4th in a chain and often not specced for, for mercs it is still an issue when using DS.

For every DW style other than dual shadows you'll notice no difference.

dunno if you just typed it in a strange way but wyrd spec wasn't an invention, it was a discovery of game mechanics which lead to new specs for every class with advanced melee lines (dw/la/cs/cd), except maybe arms/pala doublespeccing

ws/variance over 50 1h/2h spec doesnt get better, styledmg + cap dmg does. only exception is level 50 styles of which the growthrate is determined by 1h spec instead of the advanced melee line.

in other words, all you miss out on by going 39 crush 42 shield 50 dw is some styledmg on dualshadows and parryspec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom