merc spec

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
has anyone ever tried the following merc spec?

dual wield - 50
slash - 39
shield - 42
parry - 6

if auto trained i could get a few more points in parry

not sure if my damage varience would be gimped by much? - also i tended to use dual wield styles more that slash.

i know about the issues with swapping out of sheild / offhand weapon - so i would probably use a Lgm wep in the offhand (im even tempted to go thrust to help rip those dwarf healers a new one)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Think you could get away with 39 weapon spec with a few +'s from RR. Trust however lacks a good anytime style...

Erulin the Bloody

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Erulin said:
Trust however lacks a good anytime style...

Erulin the Bloody

very true - but i will be using dW styles and vs dwarves in chain a you get a big +

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
True enough :)

My inf is 39 slash (RR4) and her damage variance is acceptable. I kept it at 44 till RR4 though. (Well, till I was rich enough to get a respec stone :p )

Erulin the Bloody

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Think you could get away with 39 weapon spec with a few +'s from RR. Trust however lacks a good anytime style...

Erulin the Bloody

Just use dw anytimer ... you slam and use dw styles atleast when grped. Thrust sting roxors!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know why you're talking about thrust, he said he was going 39 slash.

With that spec, you're DW styles will all be at maximum cap damage, gaining the base damage cap from the 51 effective levels of slash you'll have from items.

Your slash styles will be under their maximum possible cap due to only having 39 slash.

Also, you have to switch shields manually, which sucks bigtime.

PS: Thrust is great, and you don't really need anytime styles if you are a good player.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
"Don't know why you're talking about thrust, he said he was going 39 slash."

Read his post again not just the first line

"i know about the issues with swapping out of sheild / offhand weapon - so i would probably use a Lgm wep in the offhand (im even tempted to go thrust to help rip those dwarf healers a new one)"

That's why we are talking about trust

Erulin the Bloody

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
My merc is just 50DW 50CRUSH rest parry... i dont use a shield

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
"Don't know why you're talking about thrust, he said he was going 39 slash."

Read his post again not just the first line

"i know about the issues with swapping out of sheild / offhand weapon - so i would probably use a Lgm wep in the offhand (im even tempted to go thrust to help rip those dwarf healers a new one)"

That's why we are talking about trust

Erulin the Bloody

Ah yes didn't see that, nerf being ill.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
isnt Dual shadows based on ur weapon spec? so u'll lose dmg with just 39 weapon.

50/50/28 is the way to go imo , if u want a stun go crush , 6 sec is enough in a train assist :worthy:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
theres a bug which means u lose dual shadows dmg with anything less than 50spec in base weapon and backslash is the only slash style you should be using regularly, its dmg will suffer also.

fact is tho in toa rvr these days u need a stun :mad: so at the end of the day 9s of flank/sr > the lil dmg u lose in most cases (if u can be arsed to switch shield in/out all time... and dont wanna go crush ofc ^^)

oh and osril the dw anytime is utterly worthless :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Konah said:
oh and osril the dw anytime is utterly worthless :)

worthless is a harsh word for the alb anytime with highest growth rate ;)

ps: of those ive tested

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Actually the DW anytime is pretty good.

But it's probably best to team with a crush merc, let them do the stun.

Pridd

Fledgling Freddie
I've also been thinking of speccing s/s + dw

can ne1 tell me the pros/cons of

50 dw 39 slash or 50 slash 39 dw?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
ok - so i rolled a saraceen thrust merc - just gotta be different - didnt fancy rolling a HO - as i REALLY hate the way they run (they look constipated!) - and its quite hard to see your target infront of you!

spec is going to be 50dw / 50 thrust - rest parry. At some stage i may give shield a go - but will just be pure melee spec.

the lvl50 thrust style is just too tempting on those dwarf healers trying to run away.

Does anyone have a decent template for a thrust merc, also what arti weps do ppl recommend

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Have fun playing it. If you need a hand gimme a shout ingame. If I'm on, most Dark Prophecy members can get a hold of me.

Erulin the Bloody

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
inflame .6 no bonus to hit, misty gloom .45, twinspikes .15(rofl)

ye roxxing anytimes those :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
forget the anytimes givf positionals ....

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
the lvl50 thrust style is just too tempting on those dwarf healers trying to run away.

The level 50 thrust style is dragonfang... you must be talking about pierce, the level 29 style, and yes, its a very nice style agaisnt healers

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Drucken said:
The level 50 thrust style is dragonfang... you must be talking about pierce, the level 29 style, and yes, its a very nice style agaisnt healers

Unless ofc the healer sees you are trust and doesn't try to hit you.... No getting hit -> no evade -> no dragonfang

Why do you think trust infs never get a DF off against a caster ? Cause a caster never actualy tries to hit an inf with their staff.

Erulin the Bloody

edit bah wanted to quote your quote but got this one instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom