Mentalists??

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so they cam hot, mr and pwn ubber salys but my question is what specs are there?

for rvr and pve and there benifits?
pve im guessing ya wana be able to charm salys mr and hot rvr though?
any thoughts be nice as to what ya get with the specs etc.. :cheers:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
my spec is

46 mana (last ae dot, hot, pom)
28 ment (44 sec mez, 235 hp heal, remove mez) also stops variation on single baseline dot
4 light helps nukes a little :p and you can charm a level 5 mob :D

Not sure about light spec never had the urge to be one

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
48 light+24 mana for farming.. works quite well in rvr as well..
but for pure rvr spec.. think its 46 light/rest in ment

might be wrong but its what i got scribbled down here in shaky handwriting :p

Ubba

Fledgling Freddie
light !!!

light is the only way !

48 light (use green charm to charm sally ((costs no pwr)but gotta have that amount to be able to charm sally)

24mana for blue mr

but light for the harsh dd's
pirep in DW is light menta and in rvr im shockd if he dnt 3 hit sumone (not including DI)

tbh mana only gd for pve i no they have DoT but cnt use aoe coz mezzin etc

LIGHT !

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't think many run with mentalists in RvR. The RvR spec would be 45 light 28 ment.

Ment highlights:

- Spec heat "stealth" dd. The graphic looks more like a heal than a nuke, and heat is good since enchanters debuff heat.

- Demez (28 ment)

- Demez pet (release a gray con pet, it'll become unmezed, attack you and be recharmed on next pulse)

- Static Tempest RA. (I bet the upcoming Det boost makes this pretty useless though)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Ubba said:
light is the only way !

48 light (use green charm to charm sally ((costs no pwr)
LIGHT !

No it does cost power, the minimum charm for salamanders is level 2 charm which costs 2 power per tick.

The best rvr spec has already been mentioned (46 light 28 ment), ofc 48 light rest mana is a good pve spec but 46 is actually fine for sally farming once you have hit rr5.

At them moment with 48 light you need rr3 and 10%spell duration for solid sally famring but the losing pet on single resist bug is finally being fixed next patch so you wont need the 10% duration any more :)

Ubba said:
but light for the harsh dd's pirep in DW is light menta and in rvr im shockd if he dnt 3 hit sumone (not including DI)

The spec DD for light menta is not as good as it first seems. One, it is not a level 50 spell, mof1 is required to bring it up to close to 50 effectiveness. Two, with the debuff a light chanters and some mana chanters base nuke will infact hit harder than your spec nuke (of course if the chanter debuffs for you your nuke will hit very very hard). Its still a good nuke but not all powerful untill you get a decent realm rank.

The pet is also a good personal demezzer in rvr :) if you dont charm a level 54 pet fully buffed ofc :p

EDIT: You can do some good encounters with your sally + BB; Cere bracer (all 3 mobs) , mad tales, SOM, 1.1 , cloudsong , croc ring and more.. :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
I don't think many run with mentalists in RvR. The RvR spec would be 45 light 28 ment.

- Static Tempest RA. (I bet the upcoming Det boost makes this pretty useless though)

I agree that ments arent the best for rvr anymore. However I think ST will still be quite nice for soloing even after the det changes as a insta interupt against other solo/duo casters (something mentas and hib casters in general don't have atm)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
46 light 28 ment rest in mana. get a few RRs and you will have no trouble charming a sali, the demez is very handy in rvr, as is static tempest. you dont really need mr for farming with a sali, the mana drain is so small you dont need it, you gain mana faster than you lose it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mana spec works just fine in seige warfare but not really suited to open field combat, really it is all about how you want to play, personally I love keep raids/defence so I would go Mana but I can see the upside of Light spec as well.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
for pve 48 light, 24 mana (need high light to hold orange pets plus 24 mana gives you mr3 plus blue hot which can be used to heal the pet without getting aggro)

for rvr 46 light, 28 mentalism (or 45 light, 28 mentalism, rest mana for first mr)

Fruitloop

Fledgling Freddie
Ubba said:
light is the only way !

48 light (use green charm to charm sally ((costs no pwr)but gotta have that amount to be able to charm sally)

24mana for blue mr

but light for the harsh dd's
pirep in DW is light menta and in rvr im shockd if he dnt 3 hit sumone (not including DI)

tbh mana only gd for pve i no they have DoT but cnt use aoe coz mezzin etc

LIGHT !

rofl pat ur slightly crazy :D:D :m00: :m00:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
46 light + 28 mentalism, but I don't see many mentas out in RvR atm :( even Elwiz plays so seldom, even with his uber damage.

Mana is just for leeching or for a PvE bot, not for a played char.

Btw....28mentalism and you have one of the fast ST mezzes ingame cause of your high dex.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
for rvr 46 light, 28 mentalism (or 45 light, 28 mentalism, rest mana for first mr)
MR1 sux, might as well not cast it. :p

lucialphoenix

Fledgling Freddie
.........................could say LOL....from where to start...mentalist specc can be 46 light 28 mentalism...the last dd u get at 45...so can go 45 light 28 mentalism and rest mana ..yes for mr1...many have said better mr1 than nothing..anyway...anyway..battle starts ppl get mezzed pets intterupting casters nuke....mentalist warlord can use ml3 for enemy pets to flee...moc to demezz in case of interruption mezz stun use ST on a caster or stacked enemies or healer( have to check if mezzed or not so not to break it ofc)...ml4 and ml9 abilities also help...ml2 for regain end power and mana ( small %) but does something ...and the rr5 ability selective blindness which is area and makes target not to hit u for 30(or 20?) secs...when aLLthese done can also nuke...mentalism 28 gives good healing but being busy doing all these impossible to heal also ...so.....defending martyr ml 8 can be used as insta for whole group heals a lot but hard to really see when its really good moment to use it and u have to be more than 90% of ur health..conclusion..respect all classes..needs skill...if u dont have go moc 3 pbaoe and try..but still needs skill also..nuke of the menta is not that uber..needs combo with the heat debuff..especially when the enemy has heat buff..thats it for rvr mentalist..for pve go 50 light get rr3-4 and go sally farming..have a mana menta also to hot and druid to buff and u just wait the mob to die...there is always a chance to break the charm ..but with 50 light can happen 1 in 30 mins or so...thats my opinion..and get some physical defence and empty mind otherwise u ll see ur name red often in group window faster than others.. :flame:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
could you write in paragraphs please, it all kinda merged into one after "LOL"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom