mentalists & charming

O

old.giriam

does anyone know what the difference between the last 3 charm spells is? they are all listed as "Hum., An., In., or Magical" on classesofcamelot..

G

O

old.Charonel

with the first bunch of charm spells you get to charm different creatures if it's anything like minstrel charm songs. ie first it's humanoid, then animal, then insect, then magical (ie wraiths and other transparent kinda things), as for the one's after that it's a question of levels only, the earlier one's had this same effect but it was dwarfed by the ability to charm different kinds of mobs, but for instance.

If you only had the first charm spell i wouldnt fancy your chances of charming lvl 50 humanoids once your up there, each spell/song has a cut off point as far as i know, so you need to keep getting the next one? just a thought but as far as i know, that's how minstrels do it, would be similar i'd guess.

W

Whandall

Hmm while were discussing about mentas....how would you spent your attributes points on a celt mentalsit?

A

Armolas

There is no point in using the last 3 spells.

Use the lowest spell possible for whatever you are trying to charm.

The mob will resist against your light spec, not any particular spell - a good rule of thumb is that the mobs level should be equal or below your (adjusted) light spec - I have got 36+13 light, so can keep lv 49 pets easily, but a lv 50 or above will resist too much for comfort.

As for a celt mentie, well you have decent con already, so you need int and dex - i'd probably split the points equally between the two.

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by Armolas
There is no point in using the last 3 spells.

thank you.

as for people who dont know what they are talking about, please just keep quiet.

G

L

Lessurl

I never know what i'm talkin about so i guess i better not say anyhtin. Oops.

W

Whandall

Another Menta question:
Is that a good menta specc?

Holism: 48 Best POT, Best DoT
Illusions: 24 Boost for sun baseline
Mind Mastery: 6 1st mezz

Or is it better to go for
Holism: 43
Illusions: 32
Mind Mastery 6

And when should i start investing points in the 2nd line?

A

Armolas

Err it's up to you really, it's pretty damn hard to gimp a mentalist, even going high mind line has some benefits - single mez will stick more often than a bards, you can out heal (and out aggro) anyone else for e.g.

I think most high mana specs have taken mentalism a bit higher than light, but those other specs wouldbe good as well (I would be tempted to go forthe best DoT if I was going to take mana that high myself, but you should have a better idea the higher you go - leave yourself some flexibiblty in the way you spec :)

W

Whandall

Damn and i wanted a gimped menta...like my shade is :rolleyes:

Thx for the help ;)

Just dont know net if i start the char on excali for something to do while waiting on a fins list or pvp....hard decission :rolleyes:

W

Whandall

Oppps yeah right it is....damn we hibs have uber CC :m00:

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by Whandall
Another Menta question:
Is that a good menta specc?

Holism: 48 Best POT, Best DoT
Illusions: 24 Boost for sun baseline
Mind Mastery: 6 1st mezz

I had this exact same spec.
Loved it.

Btw, the level of mob isn't soley dependant on the level of light, your level plays a part somehow too.. eg, with that spec, I had about 32 light with items and bonuses, and I could charm level 44 mobs easily, with maybe one resist every 5 mins or something.

W

Whandall

OMG the master of elves had that spec? MUST CHOOSE THAT ONE!

Gonna call him tzeentch then - jk

:clap:

O

old.Laryssa

never understood the formula behind the charm

i have 45+13 light and lvl48 mobs (daugther of medb) resist me to often for my taste :p

and don't come and flame me coz i'm a luri (points at tzeentch :cool: )

A

Armolas

It's obviously because you're a Luri, so have a minus to charm, unlike us charming elves :)

BTW you shouldn't have a problem with that spec, unless you are counting single resists (the sort that drop you out of speed and make buffpets drop buffs) which will be fixed in the next patch.

Also fixed in the next patch I believe is the first 4 charms costing no mana to run ( the last ones were forgotten about, as no one ever uses them).

Q

Qte Eth

I have 45+16 and i charmed red mindworm -was uber fun 57 level pet and he didnt resisted for one minute.. and when our group finally found green mids and i wanted him to one shot em he (fecker) resisted and nearly ate me:)) tho hes stun and mes might be fun in rvr;)

T

Turamber

Any truth in the rumour that sever the tether is bugged in patch 1.53? I hear the timer is broken and it works all the time... Sounds like a cunning plan to make some easy xp/rp in the PvP server.

I've just joined your great realm on this server, and have rolled a mentalist. At the moment he's only a baby (level 5.8 bless), and has 5 points in light, with only 1 point in Mana magic and mentalism.

Is that a reasonable spec for now? Don't know how long I will keep him for, he's basically a PvP preparation ... but all the nice people I've met tonight he could become a longer term thing.

Thanks in advance :)

W

Whandall

Thx for the help again. Just wanted to say - A new Mentalist is born! :clap:

Skarf is his name so if you see him - GIVE PIE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom