Mentalist spec

F

frankeh

hm need decent spec for rvr ment / was thinking of 46 mana - 28 mentalism seems kidna good support char if my group excists out of 2 * pbaoe :eek:

Any thoughts?

A

Arnor

yeah, go FULL mentalism, its the best specline in the game, only reason why it hasnt been nerfed is because it has hidden spells of uberness.

M

m4rk

im going 48 mana, cant see the point missing out on the best/last single target dot for demezz.

I

ilaya

48 mana would be nice, but u should only be using it during keep defense really since it breaks mezzes and stops them from sticking.. and since u get last aoe dot at 46.. chances are u will be using that instead. For normal rvr in open.. go light/mana, if u wanna park your arse in a keep for some defense.. 46 mana/rest light OR mentalism. Mentalists are without doubt one of the most uber chars for keep defense, so i went mana for this reason (its also very handy for helping your guildies level btw :) ) ..but who ever listens to me?.. arf arf..

Ilaya Dasquirrelslayer - 50 Lurichamp - Raven Ardent - 1132 AC - GM Hearts of Fire
Boowen - 45 Mentalist (1000+ Tailoring)

V

Vantros

my ment is:
45 light - best DD.
25 mana - mr3.
16 ment - 34 second mezz and a pretty decent heal.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Ailelun
45 light 28 mana :]
28 mana is like going 41 shield... :p

45 light / 29 mana
45 light / 24 mana
45 light / 28 ment

are the best open field specs IMO.

For zergs / keep defence go 48 mana (it is better than 46 mana - you get a single target dot to use instead of spamming ae).

I

i-scream

Currently I am 46 mana, 28 light. The problem with being specced in mana is that you can't play a real active role in RVR, you're especially there because for giving MR to the group.

Mostly you'll not be able to cast your AE DOT, because of breaking mezz. If you can cast it, it's nice; you see all your enemies running arround and looking for the caster, then you run arround for 10 seconds and you die, mostly without any RP at all. If you use your base line nuke, they see where it's coming from and... same story as before.

At the next patch, I'll probably respec to light 45, mana 29 which still gives some AE DOT (good for interrupting enemy casters) and MR 3, but better AE DD, good specced DD and the possibility to charm high level mobs (at reduced mana consumption).

Btw, forget mentalism, you'll never be in a grp for your healing capacities, forget about confusion and single target mez. Was there anything else in the mentalism line ?

K

Kobold

well tbh mentalists sux in rvr anyways, unless u have some nice chanter debuffbot :p

trust me you will get tired of nuking for 220 (-300) etc...thats 10 nukes on a buffed tank....20 with IP, maybe 30-40 damn nukes with heals :(

sad to say but roll a mana chanter only viable mage atm ;\

O

old.chipper

yeah warshade but on the brightside when you do have a chanter in grp and the heat debuff you just hit blab bla for 667 dmg :p is funny to watch there health drop about a third

C

Calere

Originally posted by Kobold

trust me you will get tired of nuking for 220 (-300) etc...thats 10 nukes on a buffed tank....20 with IP, maybe 30-40 damn nukes with heals :(

Go 48 mana. I got a light spec ment and like Kobold says the dmg on light spec isn't wot it used to be. With mana at least you'll be able to cast a few nasty dots and keep other mages batteries recharged :)

V

Vantros

wow i completely disagree on the light sucking in RvR.. i hit ALL trolls for 400+ dmg with thier full resists... and i 1 shotted a fire wizzard who has full resits thanks to a well timed crit. yes with debuffs i git for over 600dmg but when i am generally hitting for 390 - 590 anyway i'm happy enough...

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Vantros
wow i completely disagree on the light sucking in RvR.. i hit ALL trolls for 400+ dmg with thier full resists... and i 1 shotted a fire wizzard who has full resits thanks to a well timed crit. yes with debuffs i git for over 600dmg but when i am generally hitting for 390 - 590 anyway i'm happy enough...

u haven't tried to nuke those high rr zerkers in RG then :p

but yeh some you will still do good damage on, those who not got good resist buffs in grp etc.

Q

Qte Eth

go to ench trainer at level 5 ,ments Suck TT

D

Danya

Originally posted by Calere
Go 48 mana. I got a light spec ment and like Kobold says the dmg on light spec isn't wot it used to be. With mana at least you'll be able to cast a few nasty dots and keep other mages batteries recharged :)
Yeah you can hit for 65/tick instead, WOOT!

Have to agree with qte et al = roll a chanter. :p

Users who are viewing this thread