Help Memory stick help

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm trying to put a MKV on a memory stick, the stick is 16gb in size and the file is 6.5gb. It will take MKV's as I have put smaller ones on it in the past

I'm just trying to drop it into the folder but it says the file is too big for the destination, I have formatted the stick. Is there a simple reason why this is not working?

Ta

Syri

FH is my second home
It's formatted in FAT32. You need to re-format in NTFS if you want to store files over 4gb. Windows defaults to FAT32 for usb drives for some reason.
Only thing though is you need to make sure whatever you're putting it into can also read NTFS, some devices can't. I was surprised to find my PS3 can't...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup, use a proper filesytem. that, or the stick is fucked. after a fit of rage I replaced all my old USB sticks with a spanky new USB3 model. it is the shit I tells ya.

Edmond

It's formatted in FAT32. You need to re-format in NTFS if you want to store files over 4gb. Windows defaults to FAT32 for usb drives for some reason.
Only thing though is you need to make sure whatever you're putting it into can also read NTFS, some devices can't. I was surprised to find my PS3 can't...

Thanks @Syri that's worked, it transferring it, I'll let you know if it works when I try to use it

Thanks again

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
btw Ed, if the stick shows unexpected sizes, it may be that Windows can't work with the partitioning scheme. Give it a whirl with the old diskpart windows tool, and you may be able to sort it. I had this recently with an USB disk drive which is why it springs to mind, because I am forever faffing with swapping between linuxes and Win7.

Edmond

It all works ok, Thanks for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom