Melee Hunters??!!?

Macht von Schalburg

Fledgling Freddie
Ok i got some questions concerning this way of playing hunters.

1. Is there any around anymore?
2. Are they any good or will they get ruled by other stealthers all the time.
3. How would u spec one?
4. Is it all worth it, or is the sniper just better

:worthy:

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
Macht von Schalburg said:
Ok i got some questions concerning this way of playing hunters.

1. Is there any around anymore?
2. Are they any good or will they get ruled by other stealthers all the time.
3. How would u spec one?
4. Is it all worth it, or is the sniper just better

:worthy:

If you put alot of work into it, it works well.

You need to get a good template and ML8 sojourner, and you will be able to compete.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Run and shoot tactics should work great with an instant pet (run & shoot, not run away)
As melee hunter, slash is fotm dmg at stealth wars atm, get some PD, and follow the way of 12'5 minuts SoM and 75% style dmg reduction.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Both Melee and Bow hunters are possible. You can't do both, though - so make a choice and stick to it.

:)

Nate

FH is my second home
most melee hunters would use a legendary weapon, you can also get thrust spears, including a thrust champion spear

X

xGenocidex

Nate said:
most melee hunters would use a legendary weapon, you can also get thrust spears, including a thrust champion spear

Belt of sun spear seems popular among melee hunters :)

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
Melee hunters work, tho your very reliant on timers, RA's, CL's, ML's and ofc artifacts, Granted you wont need them all the time, but the majority you will need something, As for specs, I've been a melee hunter for years so first off 50weapon, then spec as you choose really, try get 50stealth tho not essential, 32BC i say is essential as the pet has infinate amount of uses from interupting scouts/casters, clearing mines for you, tracking stealthers and just general misdirection uses if someone is after you. As for bow it depends on playstyle i guess. I use bow like twice a day if that, so i opted for higher BC for better af (50sword 32stealth 42bc 24bow) Low rr id suggest 50sword/spear 32bc 35bow rest stealth. As for weapons to use, your a hunter, try and get a template that uses all of them, +28 in 2h slot allows crafted, so slash/thrust, all lw's, and energy(sun). Think thats pretty much the whole of it, just post any more questions if you need.

Priz

Loyal Freddie
This is my rr7 spec
42BC
33stealth
21bow
50spear

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Melee spec here - since i switched from bow spec i luvs it :)

Sun Spear and a crappy matter dot spear for when Sun not avail...really must get a better one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom