Melee Dmg Varience

Ging

Part of the furniture
I have always been puzzled as to why melle damage varience is so vast.

I performed some tests and im afraid my bb was hurt during this experiment.

Class - Mercenary
Level - 50
Spec - 50+17 slash, 50+17 DW, RR7l3, Str 408, WS 2168, 235 Qui
Weap - Malice (mainhand), Battler (offhand), both 4.1spd 100%

50 Strikes Mainhand values only (non chained) of 4 styles, 3 Dual Wield positionals and 1 Slash (Anytime)

BB had full AF/Con buffs, Chain armour and 5% slash resist. Alb had 0 Str relics at the time of testing.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
That's your damage variance though, which as we all know is gimp.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Done some Graphs for you coz im bored

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, they should make weapon dmg like spell dmgs, higher you spec and more + skill you have the less variance there is.

it sometimes really pisses me off if u fight whit the same guy. first time you kill hem easy, dmg is ok, second time you loose or winn very closly becuse the dmg jumps like hell

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Yup but it brings more joy to the party having the chance to score a damn nice hit once and awhile.

I would for sure not trade current for like hitting perma 350 when I could hit 300 or 400 with variance :) funnier that way

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
does u'r bot have the same qual armor on all slots and 102 af ? that might make some variance :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
does u'r bot have the same qual armor on all slots and 102 af ? that might make some variance :)

good point there, if you want to test accuratly get 102 af armor on all parts and the same type.

Ging

Part of the furniture
-Freezingwiz- said:

yea its all af102 and 100% con, i did make sure all the environmental variables were constant at the beginning so as not to contaminate the data.

Personally i would prefer to KNOW im gonna hit for 350 instead of 200-400, you can spec mop for +crit chance which is where the Oh my gosh i hit him/her for 350+190 crit. The varience can mean win or loose.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
i think the dmg variance is caused by the fact that its a long time since your Buffbot has been on H01id4y5 ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Tiarta said:
i think the dmg variance is caused by the fact that its a long time since your Buffbot has been on H01id4y5 ;)

well 345 days played and i think he may need a holiday :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i always found the damage variance in melee to be a nice feature... i don`t like hitting for 5 times the exact same damage in a row with a spell.

gets boring if you know in advance that you`ll hit this or that person for exactly so much damage, unless he has changed his gear since the last time :/

i would much rather nuke for 400-450 than always 425...

only place where there should be no variance is when you hit cap damage.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Pfff, 425 dmg, you gimp, now we all know why you spend so long humping towers :touch:

:fluffle:

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
ging - did u try it by reducing your +17 in slash and seeing the effect?

Also can you demonstrate the growth rates of follow up's on positionals?

Ging

Part of the furniture
rampant said:
ging - did u try it by reducing your +17 in slash and seeing the effect?

Nah
rampant said:
Also can you demonstrate the growth rates of follow up's on positionals?

All the Strikes were one offs, no chaining, left 15 sec in between each strike (mainly to heal my bb) before striking again. I didnt check but there should be no growth per say other than slash vs chain and racial.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
I didnt check but there should be no growth per say other than slash vs chain and racial.

No you tart. :twak:

Followups have growth rates; damage on the second style can be higher than that of the first; hence the benefit of getting chains in.

Well I think that's what he meant.

Ging

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
No you tart. :twak:

Followups have growth rates; damage on the second style can be higher than that of the first; hence the benefit of getting chains in.

Well I think that's what he meant.

Yes and as i stated by naming my thread melee dmg varience, its the varience i want to discuss and why we have it, not chain style growth rates, although interesting not actually the topic of discussion.

As u can see form my tests i didn't perform any chains (i believe my bb was thankfull of this)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I love how my Sledgehammer(2nd style in backchain, 0.94 growth rate) often hits for less than provoke(taunt, 0.58 gr). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom