FH Subscriber
_95998229_mc1_poster.jpg
Oooh:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ei-BY6dYY

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One TV series 'in development' - BBC News

:D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got a good few hundred magazines here including the whole first year of the megazine. From the late 80s.

Love dredd. But stalone was so aweful

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its an obvious one for the HBO/Starz type treatment, but...I'm not entirely sure about the credentials of their distribution partner (they don't seem to have much to their name tbh), and I've seen this type of thing go titsup before (mate of mine has the rights to Blake's 7 and he's spent...15 years now trying to get it launched? With at least one, maybe two, signed on the dotted line deals that still fell through). Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath just yet. Funnily enough I'd be a lot happy if they'd done a deal with the likes of the Syfy channel; they used to be awful but have done some really good stuff in the last few years (The Expanse being the obvious standout) and seem prepared to take risks (like Childhood's End).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh. Not sure it would work at all. Some things are just not designed for the screen.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Meh. Not sure it would work at all. Some things are just not designed for the screen.

Ten years ago I might have agreed with you; these days? Not so much. In my head all the cosmic Marvel stuff just couldn't work outside of the comics, but they've pulled off the whole look and its amazing. Only problem with Dredd is they'll probably have to use entirely green screen sets; the only real weakness with the Carl Urban film was the cheap set design and props (the Big Meg just wasn't done properly) and given "Mega City One" is right in the title of this I doubt they could get away with it here, and that's going to be expensive.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its an obvious one for the HBO/Starz type treatment, but...I'm not entirely sure about the credentials of their distribution partner (they don't seem to have much to their name tbh), and I've seen this type of thing go titsup before (mate of mine has the rights to Blake's 7 and he's spent...15 years now trying to get it launched? With at least one, maybe two, signed on the dotted line deals that still fell through). Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath just yet. Funnily enough I'd be a lot happy if they'd done a deal with the likes of the Syfy channel; they used to be awful but have done some really good stuff in the last few years (The Expanse being the obvious standout) and seem prepared to take risks (like Childhood's End).
No point in Blakes 7...Glynis Barber is old now.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh yes..in her day though, top 5

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom