Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Post to see who is interested

What you need:
- Copy of Medieval 2 Total War
- Game updated to Update 3 (1.3)
- Clouds Across Europe Mod (fixes many ai issues, and adds new factions), it can be downloaded here

How it works:
The campaign is played via the hotseat mechanic (config files etc will be uploaded later after seeing interest), this means that a player does their turn when the turn has ended they save the game and send it to the next person in line.
Now this can either be done via email or a sharepoint on the internet, i am leaning towards the latter as thats how i currently do it with friends.

Choose your faction can either be done via first come first served or random lottery where you are just given a faction. I think a lottery would be preferable to avoid the arguments and whining.

Now the game can be played in various ways
1) Fully auto-resolved
The computer calculates the outcome of every battle
Good Points
= Much quicker as no waiting for battles to be resolved
= No reliance on trust as cpu does the calculations (will get onto this below)
Bad Points]
= Not always reflective of armies as it doesnt take into account real time tactics
= No battle map conflicts (personally i enjoy these), so game is somewhat more shallow as you will build for stats rather than legitimate armies

2) Auto-resolve players only
Player vs player conflicts are resolved using auto but the rest you have the option to fight on the battlemap
Good Points
= More fun as you can fight your battles
= You can use tactics to beat bigger armies rather than rely on number crunching
Bad Points
= Reliance on trust makes it open to abuse, there is no mechanic to stop people just fighting player vs player conflicts on the battlemap
= Longer time between turns

Please post whether you are interested and your prefered method of faction selection (as well as voting above)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
almost related to this thread but BIG thank you Chronic!! this thread gave me the perfect idea what to get B2 for valentines day and I just pre ordered empire total war

Cheers!
xxx

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cancelled due to lack of interest, just started a new campaign on a different forum so next time i guess :)

@ez if he is into strategy games he will love it :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe yeah he's got all the other total wars and he has always said that he wished they would make an emperial one and then they did Oo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom