Mechwarrior the Movie!

E

ECA

Yup its on the cards, the scripts being written, and it had some enthusiastic backers.

Raaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Apparently its down for a $100mill budget, so it should be a wicked mecha stompy stompy film :-]

Lets hope they have better actors than the ingame sequences ^_^

S

stu

I'd be amazed if they made a Mechwarrior movie, and I'd be stunned if they gave someone $100mill to do it. Sounds like chinese whispers to me.

X

Xtro

Someone has already made a mech film...albeit it was terrible and didn't use the official mechwarrior franchise/story.

check out the appalling Robot Jox and its even greater sequel cunningly titled Robot Jox 2.

Its full of characters with names like ACE McCLOUD and ROCK STARBRIGHT or something daft.

N

nath

From IMDB:
It is post-World War III. War is outlawed

How in fucks name do you outlaw war?

"Don't go to war or I'll shoot you!"?

S

stu

Interesting, but I still can't see it happening. There are thousands of optioned franchises and screenplays hanging around gathering dust that someone once thought would make a good film. Who the fuck is gonna go see a Mechwarrior movie, I mean really? History has shown that game/movie tie ins generally aren't successful, without taking into account the rather niche appeal of Mechwarrior.

E

ECA

Originally posted by stu
Interesting, but I still can't see it happening. There are thousands of optioned franchises and screenplays hanging around gathering dust that someone once thought would make a good film. Who the fuck is gonna go see a Mechwarrior movie, I mean really? History has shown that game/movie tie ins generally aren't successful, without taking into account the rather niche appeal of Mechwarrior.

Take your pessimism elsewhere thanks.

S

Sir Frizz

They'd need to do something out of the ordinary (other than big stomping laser turrets) to make this film wide spread. Cue matrix effects tbh (tbh(tm)). I would love to see it though. Like a larger scale "battle of Hoth", which was one of my favourite scenes from Star Wars.

Is Robot Jox a comedy or something? The title suggests it so.

S

Sharma

The game was good, hope they dont cock up the movie like The producer of the ring ^^

P

plightstar

Game to Movie

Movies are really hit or miss, Mortal Kombat was good Street Fighter was Bad to take two examples, but then again they messed up with MK 2

I could see it working,

N

nath

Actually Mortal Kombat was fucking dire. It was just much less dire than Street Fighter

O

old.ignus

There was a robot jox 2, I must see this film, I actually liked the idea of robot jox, it was however poorly done.

Streetfight the move was below crap, I just feel sorry for poor Raul Julia, it was his last film. However the manga streetfighter was excellent.

Over the years there have been rumours of a doom movie, a halflife movie, an alien vs predator movie, and loads of others but its usually just a rumour.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

AVP is being made.

Guy who made Resident Evil is working on it.

P

plightstar

Hope they base Avp around one of the books, as they kick ass or even the comics.

S

Scouse

without taking into account the rather niche appeal of Mechwarrior.

Actually - MW games are a massive hit in the states - it's niche over here....

....but I like 'em :)

Also - I think it'd go down well with the yanks and as long as they make some semblance of an attempt to give it a strong plot it'll go down well here too.

So it's gonna be shit then. :(

O

old.milou

Other news but this time film to game:

Quentin Tarantino's cult hit Reservoir Dogs is being turned into a video game for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox.

Games publisher SCi said it would remain faithful to the original heist movie, with gamers able to play all the key characters.

Reservoir Dogs is the latest film to be converted into a game as companies seek to capitalise on the popularity of movies.

"SCi has considerable experience in developing successful computer games based on strong movie plots, such as The Italian Job and The Great Escape," said Jane Cavanagh, Chief Executive of SCi. "Reservoir Dogs has a remarkable following within the gaming community."

source

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom