MechAssault Lives!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
You can download the video to see it go! Pretty slow moving, but it would be cool to have one - with live ammunition!

Tilda

tbh it looks like 2 blokes running into it hard would knock it over.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
tbh it looks like 2 blokes running into it hard would knock it over.

Killing themselves in the process probably.

Anyway, thats fucking crazy if anything, japanese always known for their....generally...er...ingenuity.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like he's using weels to do the 'walking'... still - very nerdy-cool. ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah, but mechs had wheels for coasting along didn't they? memory fades tbh :/ I'd love to see the model walking properly heh. also....I wonder how it handles inclines...if at all?

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
TdC said:
yeah, but mechs had wheels for coasting along didn't they? memory fades tbh :/ I'd love to see the model walking properly heh. also....I wonder how it handles inclines...if at all?

If we are talking about Battletech you'd be wrong. Those actually walked... well, not 'actually' but in the books/board game (I so do miss playing this :() the mechs walked, held upright by a gyroscope and all that.

If we are talking about some crazy jap-kawaii-transformer kinda of thing, though - I am sure they have weels/tracks/little bunny feet to move around. ;)

TdC

well, in Mechwarrior I seem to recall the mechs having skate-esque wheels that could be deployed on the flat sutfaces. also something called jump-jets for leap/flying about :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Sacrilege!

Yes - most light and some medium mechs have jump jets/packs.
No - no rollerskates, you crazy Dutchman. :p

Well... back in the days I would have probably popped a fanboi vein or two... now I am just a nitpicking son of a bisatch.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tires were not in mech warrior. True.

And that particular mech model we see in the crazy japanese persons lawn, didn't have skates either. (atleast what it reminds me of)

Mechs in general do not have "skates". Jumpjets, for sure. (Oh and Unca Sick, you -can- fit a jumpjet into a heavy mech but you have to strip most of it guns and armor to fit enough to get it airborne that it becomes more of a flying bullseye :p ) The most galant, walking tanks.

Mecha(ze japanese) have, well, anything really. More humanlike then the mechs, with disposable thumbs and all :D , but even these generally don't have skates. Turn into jets before having jumpjets.

Then there's the heavy gear section. Not tall as a building but more of a exo-skeleton for humans. These are most known for the wheelies.

But that's just my data...

TdC

aaah! my memories of wheels come from HeavyGear2! thing is, I was a bit confused because I can remember playing Mechwarrior from years ago o_0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom