Meanwhile in Scotland

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well yeah, police shold get on that. The guy had no right putting his hands on him, no matter how annoyed he was.
Why not? Bouncers can eject people from clubs who are misbehaving, that's perfectly legal. I'd fully expect to be thrown (physically) off a train if I hadnt paid (or agreed to leave quietly).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meanwhile....in scotland.:

I understand the sentiments, but that was assault. It wasn't justified in that situation. Call the police, arrange for them to be at the next stop, get them to remove him.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why not? Bouncers can eject people from clubs who are misbehaving, that's perfectly legal. I'd fully expect to be thrown (physically) off a train if I hadnt paid (or agreed to leave quietly).

It's not the job of the public, bouncers can also be done for assault and have their SIA licenses revoked if they cross the line. I'd imagine the ticket inspector here is going to be in shit for agreeing to get the guy chucked off like that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Actually its a bit of a grey area. Legally, Bouncers aren't really supposed to manhandle punters either. A bouncer only has the same powers as a private citizen (in other words, "detain" and wait for the authorities), but plod usually turn a blind eye.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What was said above. Added that there in't no bouncers in trains ;)

If the kid had started trouble, instead of sitting in place, a citizen could within reasonable force detain the person. As it was, he was sitting and ejecting from the train a is law enforcement issue.

How it happens in Finland is that the driver/inspector informs the authorities, who arrive at next stop(thus not inconviniencing the others) and remove the person from the train. If the person gets violent, then and only then can civilians use force to hold the person in place.

Chilly

Balls of steel
What was said above. Added that there in't no bouncers in trains ;)

If the kid had started trouble, instead of sitting in place, a citizen could within reasonable force detain the person. As it was, he was sitting and ejecting from the train a is law enforcement issue.

How it happens in Finland is that the driver/inspector informs the authorities, who arrive at next stop(thus not inconviniencing the others) and remove the person from the train. If the person gets violent, then and only then can civilians use force to hold the person in place.

You're not even British - what do you know about the law here?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're not even British - what do you know about the law here?

If that's the best you can do, no point in continuing the discussion. I know enough to know that your citizens don't have the right to throw people off trains.

rynnor

Rockhound
Very dodgy - the ticket inspector could be held to be inciting the battery of the ticketless bloke but on the other hand - good work fella to the guy who chucked him off - no jury in the UK would convict anyone when shown that vid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom