Meanwhile in Scotland

rynnor

Rockhound
Yeah - not a great day for proponents of windpower - 1. they had to shut them down due to high winds - lol! 2. a number have been destroyed by the wind (oh the iron-ee :p )

The Beeb has a cool pic of one that burst into flames...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's not often that wind scares me, but I was right in the middle of the Met's red zone and the wind strength has been absolutely biblical; the whole flat moves with the gusts, roof tiles have come flying off, anything that's not tied down has gone up the street, lorries have been blown over, all the main bridges are shut, large mature trees have snapped in half.

Yeah, haven't seen anything like it. I left work at 12pm when it was getting bad to work from home, some bloke said "it's only a bit of wind, grow a pair". He was stuck in traffic for hours.

old.user4556

Haha, sounds like Gary Tank Commander :).

Corran

Part of the furniture
Certainly is mad here at the moment. Just waiting for the cooler night bringing in a snow blizzard too. lol

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's not often that wind scares me, but I was right in the middle of the Met's red zone and the wind strength has been absolutely biblical; the whole flat moves with the gusts, roof tiles have come flying off, anything that's not tied down has gone up the street, lorries have been blown over, all the main bridges are shut, large mature trees have snapped in half.

Yeah, haven't seen anything like it. I left work at 12pm when it was getting bad to work from home, some bloke said "it's only a bit of wind, grow a pair". He was stuck in traffic for hours.
Glad to hear you are ok G, did you manage to take any pics?

old.user4556

We had blizzards in the Highlands and snow even to low levels over last weekend, managed a drive up to Glencoe and a few snaps.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The Beeb has a cool pic of one that burst into flames...

It really is an amazing picture. Just think how fast that bastard was spinning before it blew a fuse.

_57213585_winturbinefire976by549.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I didn't mind the wind tonight, 40mph along a flat bit of road on the bike, that'll do me :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's gods wrath on scotland for battering every foodstuff known to man.
He's battering Scotland in return.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Power just came back on. Back to Skyrim.

- Call family and check things? Nah.
- Check that all the electrical stuff works, no fuses burnt etc? Not gonna happen.
- Go and buy some groceriesr now that the fridge works again? Can wait.
- Skyrim? Hell yeah!

I like your priorities and this with no sarcasm intended :D

old.user4556

Even I have a hard time to understand what they're saying.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm not sure it needs words - its a kind of universal chav thing that everyone can recognise.

rynnor

Rockhound
I say - where is the nearest Waitrose?

Thats funny I just got back from there - nice and quiet on a Friday evening as the old folk dont like to come out after dark. The Walkers Steak pies are great...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Even I have a hard time to understand what they're saying.

You can imagine how hard it's to understand for us nordic folk :D

That must be how my text looks like to a lot of folk around here.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Me with my finnish friends:

"What the hell is that? What are you doing? Why is there dots over that, what is gods name is an "umlaut"? How many letters in your alphabet?,What is going on? How do I type with your laptop"

etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Me with my finnish friends:

"What the hell is that? What are you doing? Why is there dots over that, what is gods name is an "umlaut"? How many letters in your alphabet?,What is going on? How do I type with your laptop"

etc.

Actually the finnish äö aren't really umlauts, but own letters, which makes it even more fun.

Go study you lazy f*cker :p

old.user4556

Nice work, but the police might take a grim view of that.

I don't get it though, they're at Linlithgow and from what I can hear he's got a ticket from Polmont to Edinburgh Park; Linlithgow is between the two so I presume he's on the return journey but only paid for a single.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well yeah, police shold get on that. The guy had no right putting his hands on him, no matter how annoyed he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom