Maybe I got lucky but..

S

sarordor

I play a lvl 50 infi, thrust spec, on epic gear and unbuffed. no sc'ed weps either (happy to post full spec)

Just like to say that it is possible to be competitive in the stealthing arena, just got to be a little more careful, less arrogent (being able to nerf everything) and assinate/sneak up on vulnerable targets.

I do get nailed alot, but i put this down to

a) stupidity, and
b) stupidity...

I am not a tank, I am not a tank, just keep the mantra going. AND PICK YOUR TARGETS and have an escape route planned.

Yes being buffed makes it easy, but then so what, what do you prove? All you seem to do is tell most people that you cannot compete with skill so you unbalance the odds in your favour. Well thats impressive now isn't it. Bet you feel real good about it. How big and brave you are :)

/EDIT
As the subject said, maybe UI got lucky, but I killed a RR7 (ranger - wrong) HUNTER :) - (was Jehannum LGMfletcher) last night, unbuffed and solo. I felt great. Got killed by 2 others but the satisfacction was immense.

Up until that point I thought I woul really have to give up DaoC or forget about RvR since BB rule the place, but now I know I can compete, and when the suit arrives with some groovy weps...

just u and your BB posse beware :)

Cya all in game :)

O

old.Downanael

Just proves how insane overpowered infils are

S

sarordor

sorry mate it proves that surprise is everything, so when I land 2 posions in 2 hits, and he is slowed etc etc, I evade = DF, I get the kill.... sorry but thats what infi' are built for... If my stealth fails (45) I get stunned, hit 3 times - I'm dead. Fair odds I say.

On the other hand, I try to PA a tank, get parried or blocked, stunned = I'm dead. (yes this happens)

Try to think laterally instead of whining, I don't win all the time, on the contrary I die most of the time, but its down to my targets.

I got pawned yesterday from behind by a lurker, got nailed comprehensivly against a SB.... I'm not complaining.

Open your mind to the fact that 1 class cannot and should not outcompete all others....

Why is this so damn hard for people to comprehend...

Soft and squishy - I should win
Tough tank type - I get owned

Am I missing something ???

E

eynar

Originally posted by sarordor
sorry mate it proves that surprise is everything, so when I land 2 posions in 2 hits, and he is slowed etc etc, I evade = DF, I get the kill.... sorry but thats what infi' are built for... If my stealth fails (45) I get stunned, hit 3 times - I'm dead. Fair odds I say.

On the other hand, I try to PA a tank, get parried or blocked, stunned = I'm dead. (yes this happens)

Try to think laterally instead of whining, I don't win all the time, on the contrary I die most of the time, but its down to my targets.

I got pawned yesterday from behind by a lurker, got nailed comprehensivly against a SB.... I'm not complaining.

Open your mind to the fact that 1 class cannot and should not outcompete all others....

Why is this so damn hard for people to comprehend...

Soft and squishy - I should win
Tough tank type - I get owned

Am I missing something ???

Yes, you play an infil ffs...why is it so damned hard to comprehend that the class you play is the only class able to do so, while it shouldn't be by far.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by old.Downanael
Just proves how insane overpowered infils are

I've killed buffed Infils as unbuffed d0rf hunter with Epic armors.
sure I used TS and nailed crit etc and it happends once in a lifetime but thats not the point.

D

Derric

Originally posted by eynar
Yes, you play an infil ffs...why is it so damned hard to comprehend that the class you play is the only class able to do so, while it shouldn't be by far.

You're becoming Emma,stop that and give more funny pictures imo. :(

S

sarordor

ROFLMAO

Let me get this straight.. you are trying to tell me that as an Infi I am the only class that can stealth kill - ROFLMAO

I got creamed by a ranger yesterday - TS = dead infi.
Creamed by at least 3 steathers of varying standards..

I have to disagree .... killing is down to ..

a) selection ONLY (even if you choose a buffed mob - u have inadvertently chosen poorly)

b) luck (I lag alot )

And by the way - being a 50 Infi you are named as Master Assassin - for your peace of mind look up the word assassin... thats what I do.... don't you think I would like some insta pets and a mezz etc etc. Each realm has its own unique trade offs, why is that so damn hard for you to comprehend.

If we wanted realms that were identical (class wise) we would heve a albs vs albs vs albs just dressed differently

How boring.

PS saved you the trouble, Assassin as the dictionary defines it =One who murders by surprise attack

Y

Yussef

"On the other hand, I try to PA a tank, get parried or blocked, stunned = I'm dead. (yes this happens)"

Hope they don't block/parry your PA ;o

M

Melachi-

Sarordor, I think you are missing some peoples points. I dont think anybody has a problem with your "assasin" class being able to "assasinate" soft targets. Think the problem lies with...
Orignally posted by sarordor
I evade = DF, I get the kill....

E

eynar

Re: ROFLMAO

Let me get this straight.. you are trying to tell me that as an Infi I am the only class that can stealth kill - ROFLMAO

no, the only class capable of winning vs high rr, buffed ennemies when you are:
I play a lvl 50 infi, thrust spec, on epic gear and unbuffed. no sc'ed weps either

E

eynar

Originally posted by Derric
You're becoming Emma,stop that and give more funny pictures imo. :(

Ok, I'll congratulate the original poster for his uberness then:

ass.gif

S

sarordor

Re: Re: ROFLMAO

no, the only class capable of winning vs high rr, buffed ennemies when you are:

Please refer to my orginal subject line . . . . . . and by the way your statement is complete crap. You assume that infis win al the time, which is a complete load of bollox. I can candidly say I win solo - 25% of the time - which makes me wonder why I go back to Emain, but I digress

Please, are you trying to tell me that everybody besides an Infi, or order to solo in RvR needs a buffbot - CRAP

Look lets face facts, buffed infi's are a problem. Me being able to pull of a DF unbuffed does NOT happen all the time, and I have no chance angainst ANY duo, as I can only take down one mob not two.

I should have exepected a DF whine, but its the only way I can get a kill on a SPECIFICALLY CHOSEN mob, not some random bloody encvounter with someone in RvR.

I pass up a great deal of oppotuinities to attack someone, knowing very well that I will lose, so what do I do....

I WAIT, for an unsuspecting target that I can compete against.

Man I honestly think you guys belileve inif's have an EVADE BUTTON !!!!!! Mayeb I should clarify.....

EVADE ON A TANK DOES ME NO GOOD., After 9 secs if I have not taken off 1600 hps (if unbuffed) I am as good as dead. After the DF he is on a timer, so I cannot get another DF off for the duration of the melee anyway,

I acknowledge the point evade and DF can be powerful..... but please realise this is the only way to compete. I cannot compete unstealthed, which limits me in everyway.....

But DF on a chosen mob, yes i should win, just like a tank on a caster should win, and yes how a caster from a distance should win, and yes how a ..... you get my drift?

If DF gets nerfed, unbuffed infis are lost...... why is DF not compared to a mez???? DF can be blocked, parried etc just lilke a mez is resisted etc etc... I have NEVER SURVIVED after being mezzed..

Go Figure

S

sarordor

Originally posted by Melachi[Mid]
Sarordor, I think you are missing some peoples points. I dont think anybody has a problem with your "assasin" class being able to "assasinate" soft targets. Think the problem lies with...

Clarified - I get DF off on a soft target - I get the kill
I get DF on a tank = start sniffing dirt 10 secs later
I get DF off on a Savage = start sniffing dirt 10 secs later

nuff said

O

[Oo]Escape

If the hunter IP'd he would've won, but as he was stunned he couldn't.
If he had/used Purge, he would've won.

So don't blame the infil for being 'overpowered' when the hunter could've done more to win.

NO!! Don't think how the game is played, turn this harmless thread into another "WTF NERF INFILS!! xDDDDDDD" whine

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

S

sarordor

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
If the hunter IP'd he would've won, but as he was stunned he couldn't.
If he had/used Purge, he would've won.

So don't blame the infil for being 'overpowered' when the hunter could've done more to win.

NO!! Don't think how the game is played, turn this harmless thread into another "WTF NERF INFILS!! xDDDDDDD" whine

Agreed - I was surprised to win - hell I've been ganked while been side tracked by a packet of Jaffa Cakes = easy kill

Nice Answer and appreacite the support :)

S

sardine

Re: Re: Re: ROFLMAO

I WAIT, for an unsuspecting target that I can compete against.

So in other words, you wait for a caster and PA them when they have no chance of survival ^^?

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Yussef
"On the other hand, I try to PA a tank, get parried or blocked, stunned = I'm dead. (yes this happens)"

Hope they don't block/parry your PA ;o

PA get gets blocked / parried / evaded sometimes. its very rare but it happens

D

Definitely

/em performs aoe slap

Hush you whiners, let the man enjoy his moment, it's fucking tough to kill anything unbuffed, no matter what class, hell even BD-s can be killed if they're totally unbuffed :p.

No need to make this another DF whine thread, i am sure every mid/hibs and his/her little sister knows how overpowered infils are, right, fook cares.
Try and enjoy the game instead of whining on those damn boards every day.

Don't u grow tired of the bullshit already ?

/em collects the loot.

S

skadad

yes lets all make infils .. so we at least can kill high rrs unbuffed!...

D

Definitely

Originally posted by skadad
yes lets all make infils .. so we at least can kill high rrs unbuffed!...

If it makes a person happy, why not ?

/edit
+

Afterall, isn't the game about having fun ?

You can go on and be grumpy, but if someone enjoys his BD, infil, savage, whatever the currently *overpowered* class happens to be, is it not allowed ?

I

iceforge

Re: Re: Re: ROFLMAO

I acknowledge the point evade and DF can be powerful..... but please realise this is the only way to compete. I cannot compete unstealthed, which limits me in everyway.....

But DF on a chosen mob, yes i should win, just like a tank on a caster should win, and yes how a caster from a distance should win, and yes how a ..... you get my drift?

Well, do SB's or NS's have DF + 2.5spec?
No, go figure :eek:
(think that was the point of the former poster)

/EDIT
And gratzy on the kill :D

I

inqy

try killing with a low rr unbuffed sb/ns then you'll understand.

S

Sichama

To add to ingys post..try this...

"I play...on epic gear and unbuffed. no sc'ed weps either"

with a NS/SB and then you will see.....

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Derric
Try killing as an unbuffed and solo infil. :rolleyes:

Add to that the fact that Saro is in Oz and has a 300+ ping ;)

E

eynar

Originally posted by Sichama
To add to ingys post..try this...

"I play...on epic gear and unbuffed. no sc'ed weps either"

with a NS/SB and then you will see.....

My point exactly.

T

thorondorito

Well my infil is still level 47.5

I play a NS 50 and i have to say i won some infils and some infils won me (the same with sb's)

IMO a stealther duels depend on lots of factors and why not luck too.

And btw if i launch my diamond back i have high chances to win, very high indeed.

I

inqy

diamond back. is that the low duration equivalent of df? eg off evade stun style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom