Maxpackets 100

O

old.Gibzz

Basically yes....

http://www.gibz.nildram.co.uk/maxpax.html

Should give an indication of some of that....I couldn't test any higher framerates cos my PC wouldn't go up that high tho...but basically if u want 100packets/sec, you really need com_maxfps 100/200 etc....

I guess most 125fps ppl (for fps physics) are only actually pushing out 62 pakcets/sec. I know there was talk previously about capping maxpackets, I personally try and sync them all up, a previous figure was maxpackets 76, in which case 76fps, display 76hz, maxfps 76 I'm thinking would probably run pretty smooth and feel fairly good, but I haven't tested it yet.

One thing I have wondered is pmove_fixed being forced, I've said before tho, I have no idea if thats bugged or not and dunno how you could really test apart from just feedback, but might be a way for people to match up their maxfps/hz/maxpackets easier somehow.

O

old.The Preacher

ADSL Maxpackets 100

Read your post and decided, as an ADSL user (BT) to do the maxpackets fingy. On single player fine np. Multiplayer also OK except some sites had set maxpackets at 30. On the whole Ok.
I have no explanation as to why..............trying to fink of something intelligent to say now:{ ..................2hrs later could it be................................. your......................................... graphics card? I have a G3

C

Chameleon

Yeah I think my graphics will certainly need an upgrade if im to get to an fps level where i can cap at 200. I get about 205 in a timdemo on demo four, but it'll need to be a bit higher before I can cap it at 200 and be sure ill get 200 all the time.

O

old.jellow

im on blueyonder cable and when i set maxpackets to 100 my ping sits at 48, the person who told me to set max packets at 100 (fwags) reckons this is a false ping and realy i'm geting my ping on 30 packets (about 20).
is this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom