Mauler vs current tanks

HereComesThePain

Fledgling Freddie
i found this on VN boards.i edit it and here it is.

a lot of ppl think Mauler will make current tanks obsolete.Takign all the new NDA lifted information about them, kinda seems like a lot of numerous classes went into this particular one. Can buff (similar to vamps), dehaste, debuffs, DA, near sight, snare/root, end/power taps, fumble, disarm? And they get TWF.all this sound kinda OP to me

reply:Having tested the mauler for several weeks, I think your fears are a little misplaced.

At the low spec multiplier, you can't grab all of the powers you listed. High Aura is almost a necessity--elsewise the mauler is very squishy. That leaves points for speccing high only in your weapon line or else sacrificing some of weapon for some mediocre utility in the magnetism line or some added oomph in the power strike line. At best, they become kinda average in everything and we all know how those kinds of hybrids perform.

A high weapon specced mauler will do ok in solo or small group but I don't think it will totally dominate. At this point, it isn't going to be stellar in group play. (The one caveat in that is the Mauler Guard ability was just recently added in beta. We'll have to see how that plays out in groups.)

reply:Also, they have to take damage to gain power. So if they aren't being hit it will be difficult for them to gain more power. There is Mauler Guard which is a casted buff, which transfers some power back to the mauler. There is a frontal style which also has a power return.

Power Pots etc, have no effect on the Mauler though. So if you have a battlemaster tank, or a Power Drain weapon it won't be that bad IMO.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
time will tell. would surprise me if theres not some element of this class thats OP in 1v1 scaenarios. who knows its just they tend to veer towards the side of OP to get all the doorstep newb adders to go roll another worthless toon, then nerf it a year later.

HereComesThePain

Fledgling Freddie
i think maules will Be OP class

not like Mythic doesn't have a habit of doign that on releases anyways..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Anything with TWF is going to be over powered to be honest, and their RR5 ability is just sick for a 10 minute reuse timer.

It means at least 1 fight in 10 minute the mauler will have more power then he can possibly use in a FG or zerg fight.

Have they listed what ML lines they get yet?

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Haha Banelord for Mauler.. Supa dupa OP.

But according to their specs. They will get Stormlord and... prolly sojourner?

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Ahtlehson said:
Haha Banelord for Mauler.. Supa dupa OP.

on a non-charge tank ? dont think so. and banelords nerfed enough already so.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
HereComesThePain said:
no idea what ml line they ll get but i hope they dont get banelord line.

Maulers get Battlemaster and Warlord as ML paths.

Now along with Mauler Guard and their RR5 they can get to use Warguard also... not OP at-all :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
hahah why am I not suprised.

Another grapple-CB-TWF abuse class, good one mythic.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
hahaha...u kidding right ? battlemaster > warlord ... so grapple 'abuse' class ?

Nate

FH is my second home
looks like they won't have trouble with casters either if they have ns + debuffs + pet scare from wl

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Mauler rr5:

Reduces damage on all players in the user's group by 25% for 60 seconds. Damage reduced by this ability is returned to the user in power.

Reuse timer is 10 min.

Yea, that seems balanced! :rolleyes:
Makes my zerker's rr5 look like absolute shit. Not that it was any good to start with.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
hahaha...u kidding right ? battlemaster > warlord ... so grapple 'abuse' class ?

By itself, no, combined with a class that can grapple, TWF and use spells /cb abuse then yes.

[WR]Mothman

Fledgling Freddie
cast from mauler will be 750range so can be close to do anything, no charge-no stoicism ... not think will be really good. but thats mi opinion, when we will play we can decide if good or not.

sorry mi english sux i know :>

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
So the warrior will fall further down the pecking order into some slow 2h swinger come BG/pve bot/machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom