Mastery of Focus for leveling.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
While leveling a caster especially if you are in a group killing higher con mobs alot of spells will be resisted. Would getting MoF help with this? Does anybody know if this is similar to the way your "level" gets raised if your group leader is higher level?

I read somewhere that you also need to be lvl 40 to get MoF but when I checked on the Camelot Herald it didn't mention it.....

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Mof should work in pve, I havent heard of any cap on it.

It raises your spell level for resist purposes. If you usualy use a lvl 46 spell against a lvl50 opponent then your 4 levels off which will cause some extra resists. If your mof gives your 4 or more levels worth then youll have the same effective spell level as your opponents level and get the best resist rate.

Normaly its not worth rasing your effective spell level over 50 as all enemy players in rvr are lvl50 max, but these RAs do tend to work in pve still and im pretty sure having an effective spell level over 50 will help you with oj/red/purple+ mobs.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Mof should work in pve, I havent heard of any cap on it.

It raises your spell level for resist purposes. If you usualy use a lvl 46 spell against a lvl50 opponent then your 4 levels off which will cause some extra resists. If your mof gives your 4 or more levels worth then youll have the same effective spell level as your opponents level and get the best resist rate.

Normaly its not worth rasing your effective spell level over 50 as all enemy players in rvr are lvl50 max, but these RAs do tend to work in pve still and im pretty sure having an effective spell level over 50 will help you with oj/red/purple+ mobs.
MoF is capped at 50 according to the Herald.

Herald said:
Increases the level of all spells cast by the listed amount for out-right resistance purposes. (caps at level 50)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
but I am talking about a lvl 40 char doing it. If he is fighting lvl 45 or so mobs it gets resisted alot. With MoF 2 it would be like casting a lvl 49 spell on a lvl 45 mob so the resists would be alot lower. But I am expecting somebody to say this won't happen as its depends on something else etc...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
From what I've read, you can take your effective level above your own level with Mastery of Focus. So if you're level 40, MoF 2, and casting a level 35 spell, your spell is considered level 44.

I frequently get Mastery of Focus on casters under 50, as it makes it much easier to help in PvE, especially epic stuff on MLs.

Once I got MoF2 in Lerivik on my sorc, I don't think I had any mezzes from the level 39 mezz resisted! Though I wasn't in Leirvik for that long.

Darzil

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
but I am talking about a lvl 40 char doing it. If he is fighting lvl 45 or so mobs it gets resisted alot. With MoF 2 it would be like casting a lvl 49 spell on a lvl 45 mob so the resists would be alot lower. But I am expecting somebody to say this won't happen as its depends on something else etc...

No your right, thats fine. But the resist difference wont be that huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom