Mastercard?

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Can anyone recommend a good Mastercard account?

I've presently got one with HSBC and its wank tbh. I got an AMEX card recently and was amused to find hardly anywhere take the fucking thing.

ta.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I have a Marbles card (HFC are the issuing bank I believe). Never had any trouble with it and they keep upping my limit :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Xtro said:
Can anyone recommend a good Mastercard account?

I've presently got one with HSBC and its wank tbh. I got an AMEX card recently and was amused to find hardly anywhere take the fucking thing.

ta.

I'm with Morgan Stanley, they offered me 6 months 0% interest and there is something classy about their platinum card. Once that runs out, you can transfer the balance to another 0% deal. Be warned though, this will hammer your credit rating if you bounce balances from one card to another regularly.

http://www.creditcardexpert.co.uk/compare-uk-credit-cards.htm would be a place to start.

The Halifax 'One' card (which is Visa, not mastercard iirc) is 0% for 9 months and a low rate of 9.9% APR on the balance after that.

Of course low rates will only matter to you if you don't pay off the balance in full every month, which i'm kind of against because I say unless you can afford to pay for it up front, you can't afford it at all (applies only to revolving credit)

Amex is shite unless a) you're American b) you're American and on business c) you're American, on business and use the places they offer you special deals on d) you live in America

G

lovedaddy

Fledgling Freddie
I just use my Natwest one (they are crap mind you, got it when I was a student and never bothered changing).

I just throw purchases on it each month and then pay off the balance in full. That way, I get all my purchases covered by mastercard (i worked for them for 3 years on and off as a student, they have got a MASSIVE cock when it comes to a legal department), but yet costs me nothing. Win win.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Egg here, tis Visa and am more than happy.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Mint here, very good.

Can't use it anymore though :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've got a Marbles card here. Don't get cahoot, they apply very sneaky charges, I wanted to pay off a bill over 3 months on my card, so I swallowed the interest rate as acceptable and paid a set amount each month.

They didn't charge me the interest, oh no, they charged me a 'maintainance fee', which was much more expensive.

*****. Just to piss them off, I cancelled the card, didn't start the replacement they sent, and I bounce all their emails back to them. Fuck em.

Users who are viewing this thread