Master Of Arms

O

old.mattshanes

This RA any good?costs a lot of points so anyone have it and could let me know what it's like please.

N

Novamir

it's good yes, and the pre-req is useful too.

wouldn't go to 3 in any primary stat unless you have a high RR tho (6+)

O

old.mattshanes

Oh well nearly rr5 just got moa 2 have to say its pretty dam nice along with the usual ra's,ip,fa2,pain,parry,reflexes,have to say it's doing very good damage overall only thing is the cost but it is a useful ra end of the day imo.

O

old.Emma

dont bother with it.. its bugged.. ie dont do shit

O

old.mattshanes

Seems funny that my attack speed is similar to sbs using a 3.6 spd sword.

K

Kagato.

Sounds nice but the 3% faster speed doesn't sound like a whole lot really, even on the very slow weapons is it going to make a notable distance?

O

old.mattshanes

Well theurg air speed buffs on weaps are similar so they are examples not the last one of course but wish it was as fast as that:D but really should get at later realm rank stage i guess because pain 3 is better,anyway i just save up for that next i guess:)

J

Javai

My Pally has it at level 2 with MoPain 2, swing those bigs swords faster and still get the big crits, and for a paladin with a pathetic strength cap Aug strength 3 was handy as well.

K

Kagato.

Went for pain and parrying myself. Shame its dex you need for the pain.

O

old.Glendower

ha!

Another thing about it that it is a multiplier to (ie does not stack additively with) any other haste effects, including quicknees-based haste.

E

erl

Originally posted by old.Emma
dont bother with it.. its bugged.. ie dont do shit

This is true, I've seen some thorough tests on it, even level 5 of it didn't reduce the delay a bit so don't bother until it fixed. Don't have the time to look up the test now, but it's on the vnboards <somewhere> :)

A

aphid

Well I've had a quick look on vnboards, it's hard to find anything on there since the seach facility can't be used without a subscription.

I would like to see some evidence related to the alleged master of arms bug, and I want to see what the reply the game makers gave when they were told of the bug.

S

solothores

aphid, even with subscription the search functionality is crap. ^^

V

Validus

sorry what i meant was, if you are at the cap of the waiting time per swing before MOA, then MOA wont change it:

Mastery Of Arms(taken from camelot herald): Additional 3% per level attack speed with melee weapons. Please note that the minimum allowed combat attack timer is 1.5 seconds – this ability will not allow you to go below this hard cap. It will, however, reduce the attack speed of slower weapons, which do more damage per hit.

V

Validus

hmm just read that VNboard post.. youre right. he never reached that 1.5 seconds hard cap...

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Oh well nearly rr5 just got moa 2 have to say its pretty dam nice

No, you just want it to be. It hasn't changed anything. You really think you can detect a difference of 6% of under 3.6seconds? Hah. Pull the other one, you'd have trouble detecting that as lag in an FPS.

A

aphid

Thankyou for posting the link here : )

He says'Only change between logs is a trip to the trainer for a /respec realm.'

I may be mistaken but I dont think realm abilities changes become active untill you relog. It was certainly was the case when I upgraded strenght last, the str was higher but wepon skill remained same until I reloged. So I suspect that the test he did may be invalid.

And the guy didn't mention anything about reporting the bug to the game creators. I would still like to see their comments on this matter.

O

old.LandShark

Avoidance of magic becomes active before a relog. As far as I know, all RA's become active before relog apart from toughness.

A

aphid

I dont underdand how you could check if aom actually became effective despite it showing higher on bonuses.

It's easy to see with strenght since you can see that the wepon skill hasnt increased despite strenght being higher.

V

Validus

did anyone check with RightNow? like asking if there is a bug with MoA, and if there is, waht is it

O

old.Mitsu

For the lazy ones:

Mastery of Arms 5 vs no Mastery of Arms

Brief snippets of the logs here, I'll post full logs on the private boards. Only change between logs is a trip to the trainer for a /respec realm.

MOA5 is supposed to give a 15% swing speed increase, to a 1.5second minimum.

1h
19 attacks
44 seconds
2.31 swing speed
MOA5

[14:01:04] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 78 damage!
[14:01:06] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 59 damage!
[14:01:09] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 58 damage!
[14:01:11] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 68 damage!
[14:01:14] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 62 damage!
[14:01:16] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 68 damage!
[14:01:19] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 65 damage!
[14:01:21] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 79 damage!
[14:01:24] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 65 damage!
[14:01:26] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 65 damage!
[14:01:28] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 65 damage!
[14:01:31] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 60 damage!
[14:01:33] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 67 damage!
[14:01:36] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 74 damage!
[14:01:38] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 80 damage!
[14:01:40] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 75 damage!
[14:01:43] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 77 damage!
[14:01:46] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 80 damage!
[14:01:48] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 70 damage!

1h
1 evade, 15 hits (16 total)
37 seconds
2.31 swing speed
No MOA

[14:24:18] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 66 (-12) damage!
[14:24:20] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 63 (-11) damage!
[14:24:23] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 50 (-9) damage!
[14:24:25] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 63 (-11) damage!
[14:24:28] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 61 (-11) damage!
[14:24:30] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 61 (-11) damage!
[14:24:33] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 51 (-9) damage!
[14:24:35] The vanvettig djur evades your attack!
[14:24:38] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 103 (-18) damage!
[14:24:40] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 105 (-18) damage!
[14:24:43] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 90 (-16) damage!
[14:24:45] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 95 (-17) damage!
[14:24:47] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 105 (-18) damage!
[14:24:50] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 52 (-9) damage!
[14:24:52] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 84 (-15) damage!
[14:24:55] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 105 (-19) damage!

2h
7 swings
28 seconds
4 seconds per swing
MOA5

[14:03:43] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 169 damage!
[14:03:48] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 196 damage!
[14:03:53] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 183 damage!
[14:03:57] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 183 damage!
[14:04:02] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 203 damage!
[14:04:07] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 195 damage!
[14:04:11] You attack the giant cicada with your axe and hit for 210 damage

2h
8 attacks
32 seconds
4seconds per hit
No MOA

[14:25:05] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 148 (-26) damage!
[14:25:09] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 139 (-25) damage!
[14:25:14] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 163 (-29) damage!
[14:25:18] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 185 (-33) damage!
[14:25:23] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 182 (-32) damage!
[14:25:28] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 137 (-24) damage!
[14:25:33] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 149 (-26) damage!
[14:25:37] You attack the vanvettig djur with your axe and hit for 173 (-31) damage!

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by aphid
Thankyou for posting the link here : )

He says'Only change between logs is a trip to the trainer for a /respec realm.'

I may be mistaken but I dont think realm abilities changes become active untill you relog. It was certainly was the case when I upgraded strenght last, the str was higher but wepon skill remained same until I reloged. So I suspect that the test he did may be invalid.

And the guy didn't mention anything about reporting the bug to the game creators. I would still like to see their comments on this matter.

The test was done by the warrior team lead ie. he has access to private boards only mythic and the teamleads has access to. So you can be sure that the test is valid (afterall testing is what a teamlead is all about ;)) and that Mythic is aware of the problem. And the weapskill not upgrading issue is just a display bug, just because you stats doesn't change on your stats page doesn't mean that your effective stats (ie. the ones the gameengine use) hasn't changed.

MoA is bugged and of no use right now, hopefully they fix that so people don't waste their points on a bugged RA.

A

aphid

If the bug is a know bug it seems odd that nothing has been done about it.

Do you have any idea how to ask a question using rightnow? I have logged in and don't see any way to do it?

A

agreiloth

Do you have any idea how to ask a question using rightnow? I have logged in and don't see any way to do it?

I could give you 1000 examples of "things that aren't working as intended" in DAoC that haven't been fixed yet. Necros have useless RA's for instance. Amnesia doesn't clear current target as it supposed (accordig so mythic's own info) to etc. etc. etc.
To post a question to RN, you need to read an answer first.
Remember that Mythic is the developer, GoA is "just" (they translate, add content also) hosting localized servers and they can't fix any bugs.

V

Validus

however i think they can tell you the exact details of the bug, since its been out so long, no?

though if mythic knew what the bug is about they would of fixed it already i guess

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
This RA any good?costs a lot of points so anyone have it and could let me know what it's like please.

I wont read anything here...

just IS A DAMN WASTE OV RP, n who says not...

Is

tring to birbe u...

or

an idiot...

or

never had that ra...

got it to lvl 3... = agud str 3 + moa3 = 20 realm skill point

20RPS WASTED WASTED... got it for long time...

no speed increase no bonus at all...

Happily respecced out ov that crap...

n no im sure that ra Does Not Work atm...

C

Cush

About as the LoS on pets that was for about 1 year, Bolts in RvR, Parry in RvR and many other things

Users who are viewing this thread