Master Levels

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, i dont consider myself to be a complete noob, however, ToA has always confused me and seemed for only the most elite players that want templates (i only ever did ML 1 on my old armsman). I didnt really get the patch that revamped ToA, though everyones calling it easymode.

I understand artifacts so no need to discuss that. Whats confusing me atm, is whether ML steps can be done in ANY order as a result of 1.82? I mean, could i do step 9.4 before completing all of ML 1? And my other question is whether there is a lvl requirement for MLs? I know for ML 1 it's lvl 40, but what about the rest?

If someone could take the time to explain this i would be very grateful, and would give you lots of :fluffle:

Cheers :worthy:

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
with the new patch you can do any MLs in any order BUT there are dungeon limits. For ML7 you need to be ML1, ML9 is ML3 and ML 10 is ML9. not certain about the last one. By this it means to do the ML7 steps you HAVE to have your ML1 abilty. And you only have to be 40 for all of them but Leirvik has a ML cap of ML3 so if you get ML4 then you won't be able to go back to Leirvik

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers, Jai. Also, could i just randomly do ML 8 steps, or do i need ML 1 ability to even get credit?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Beovulf said:
Cheers, Jai. Also, could i just randomly do ML 8 steps, or do i need ML 1 ability to even get credit?

You can do em, and get credit. You can, theoretically ofcourse, do ML6.3, ML1.4, ML8.3, ML2.7, ML4.2, ML8.9 etc and get credit for all steps you do.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Beovulf said:

you could randomly do them and get creidt yes

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
ok, ill try to do this easily:

Your ml0
You can do ml1 , ml2 , ml3 , ml4 ,ml5 , ml6 , ml8

Your ml1
You can do ml2 , ml3 , ml4 , ml5 ,ml6, ml7, ml8

Yuor ml2
You can do ml3, ml4 , ml5 , ml6 ,ml7, ml8

your ml3
You can do ml4 , ml5 , ml6, ml7, ml8

Your ml4
Yuo can do ml5 , ml6 , ml7 , ml8

Yuor ml5
You can do ml6 , ml7 , ml8 , ml9

Your ml6
You can do ml7 , ml8 , ml9

Your ml7
You can do ml8 , ml9

Your ml8
You can do ml9

your ml9
yuo can do ml10

Your ml10
GET THE FUCK OUT OF TOA AND HAVE SOME FUN !

This is afaik , so dont shoot me if incorrect

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
The only Master Levels that you cannot get credit for, are the ones that are inside a zone that requires a pre-requisite level to enter (you cannot port inside if you do not meet the requirement). As stated, assume the ability gained at the end of a level after all steps and MLXP is completed = that level.

The zone list is not the same as in the past, it is currently:

ML5 zone steps = ML0 to enter.
ML7 zone steps = ML1 to enter.
ML9 zone steps = ML3 to enter.
ML10 zone steps = ML9 to enter.

An important thing to consider is that the ML5 zone Battlegroup steps require you to have completed certain group steps to obtain 3 items (Resin, Mask, Wrap of the Ways), without these you cannot morph into a Mummy at 5.9 and therefore cannot progress to 5.10.

The best way to do MLs is usually to do group steps in your own time and Battlegroup steps in a larger, more organised group (think zerg). If you do this it is also worth pointing out that the ML3 zone is entirely Battlegroup steps.

You can be level 40 for ML1-10.

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Yay thank God for the idiots guides. cheers again guys for all your replies.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
the thing that revamped steps came long b4 1.82, it gave oportunity to do all steps you like in any order. Tho the new ML cap came 1.82 :) ToA aint easy mode, those saying this got 3-4 ML 10's, and ofc its easy mode for them! I see it as a challenge everyday and if you need any info in game just PM any of me chars, just not today hehe.. ML 3-4 raid :p

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Agrigo said:
your ml3You can do ml4 , ml5 , ml6, ml7, ml8

New caps are:

ML1 = you can enter ML 7 Dungeon

ML3 = You can enter ML 9 Dungeon

lot easier for people to join raids now :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
ML's really are easy mode these days. Not because they made them easier but because so many people know what they are doing, that all you really need to do as a ML newb is turn up on the day and stay with the zerg.

Technical stuff:

In order to start the ML trials you need to be level 40 or higher and talk to the arbiter (that's the guy on the left, just as you port into the hall of heroes).

At this point you can get credit for all the ML1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 steps in any order you wish.

There's 2 types of ML raids.

The BG raids which do the steps which give BG credit. This means you can simply zerg them with 100 people and everyone will get credit.

Pre-req or group step raids. These will do the group steps where only one group will get credit for the step. These are normally sign-up raids as certain classes are needed.. if your uncertain if you can sign up, just post your character and it's current ML (that's which ability you got last, regardless of steps you've done) and the leaders will normally tell you if your able to attend.

There's also 2 solo steps.. 1.5 and 2.8. If your unsure about these ask the group you do the group steps with to show you where to go, or ask here and someone will probably be happy to come along with you.

ML5 is the first point you need to worry about order. You'll need to get the group steps .1->.8 done before you go to the BG raid for .9 and .10

ML7 steps you need to have the ML1 ability to enter the dungeon. Once your in the dungeon the steps can be done in any order.

ML9 steps you need to have the ML3 ability.

ML10 steps you need to have the ML9 ability.

Other none technical stuff it's good to know:

If you sign upto a group steps raid, let them know at the start that you're not sure what you are doing. Most leaders will be happy to explain stuff as they go along so you don't make mistakes.

If you attend a BG raid, try and get there slightly early and find a good group of people that know what they are doing (or at least one person who knows what they are doing). If i'm grouped on a BG raid with a ML newbie then i'll try to ensure that questions they have are answered in the group, and that they know what they are supposed to be doing when. You'll get a far better response asking your group what you should be doing, than spamming the BG with newbie questions. Most raids these days require you to simply follow the leader and kill relevant mobs.

Rule number 1, 2, 3 and 4!! (yes it's that important). If your not sure what your doing, don't talk to anything, and don't attack anything. The leader should tell you if you need to chat to a mob, and what to zerg. If your in a BG of 100 people, i'd much rather have the 3 or 4 people who don't know what the step involves standing about not doing damage to something, than accidentally attacking something they shouldn't be. Stuff that requires you to help won't die in the first 10 seconds, so there's no reason to rush into trying to splat it if your not 100% sure.

Remember your playing a game. While TOA'ing stuff might not be as much fun as RvR'ing there's no reason it should be mindnumingly boring either. Chat and make jokes with your group as you run round the trials and not only will the time pass much quicker, but they will be there if you are unsure about stuff.
ML raids can actually be good fun and a good way to meet new people in the game if you take the time to do it, especially the first times. People will almost certainly whine and complain during the raids, just ignore them and concentrate on having fun with the people also there to have fun.

ML raids are by no means only for the l33t. Attend about 5 raids and you'll realise that there's people ML'ing their chars quite easily that i'm sure require assistance wiping their own arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom