Massive lag spikes

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only one getting these fuckin lag spikes?

Was all fine yesterday - today I log on after the patch and i'm lagging to fuckin buggery.

I stay ingame the whole time, just 5-10 seconds of nothing happening.

Any suggestions?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
[Obvious]Stop downloading pr0n?[/Obvious]

On a more serious note these things sometimes happen. Have you had lag before? If it happens alot you can get a pingplotter or some other program to trace the route to the server to see where the lag/packet loss is taking place.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Are you on BT by any chance Bugz?
Had similiar problems when the game first launched.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No I'm not Pikeh.

I had the authentication failure problem originally with tons of lag but we opened the ports via. the router and the authentication failure problem stopped and so did the lag.

But it seems the lag is back today to ruin my evening's play! :d

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
PC lag or internetz lag?

Played the games on 2 gig of ram last week, perma lag, up to 8 gig now, no lag at all.

Like DAOC, they client is riddled with memory leaks and is an absolute hog for RAM, the more the better.

spook

Fledgling Freddie
I've had the same experience today, although it only seemed really bad in scenarioes (Tor Anroc).

Even though I'm living in California, I haven't experienced anything like this before, and was fearing that the new patch did something to connections - dunno why it should, but still... - And thereby messing up my chance to play.

I'm hoping that it's only temporary of course, otherwise I'll just have to focus on studies :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom