Help Massive favours please!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
In much less time than I realised I'm going to be doing the Great North Run. I have just a couple of weeks to get massively fitter and start raising some sponsorship money (Ooops).

I'm running for Farplace Animal Rescue, a no kill animal rescue organisation based in County Durham and I know there's lots of animal lovers here so I was hoping I might be able to tempt a few pennies out of you. If you can't decide if you're an animal lover then go look in Wij's Mogz thread for inspiration.

If you're too poor or just don't like my shameless exploitation of other people's cat pictures then messages of support or threats to hang around the starting line looking for me will make me run faster too.

Otherwise it's https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/davedodson

Thanks everyone.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am going to sticky this for you luv.

Good luck and all that!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got the ball rolling for you fella... good luck!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
You're an absolute star Jup. Much reppage and appreciation your way.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Good luck, hope my litte bit helps

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I will make a donation tomorrow when I can be arsed to find my debit card.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Thanks all of you. I have to say I'm quite enjoying the training at the moment, so I'm not feeling as worried about it as I was a week ago. I ran eight miles last night and saw a family of deer while I was out there :)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Just two days to go now. I don't have internet at home so I won't be able to tell you all how I did until Monday morning.

I ran 10 miles on Wednesday night and for half of it I felt really bad and could barely jog and for the other half I felt amazing, like I could have ran at a good pace for a lot further, so I reckon I'm fit enough now and my performance on Sunday just comes down to how I'm feeling then.

Thanks again everyone for all your support!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go get em, Fweddy! :) :england:

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Well I did it! Hurt me knee somewhere just after the 10km mark which slowed me down massively. I'm a bit gutted about it as I know I could have kept up a much faster pace otherwise. Two hours two minutes isn't a terrible time though :)

Speed/Distance graph thingy

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Excellent effort old chap, well done!!!!:clap:

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Please can a mod unsticky this now? I believe it's served its purpose. Thanks once again everyone for your support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom