Massive Changes upcoming to SWG

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Sometime ago I finished the 15 day trial. I hate the new profession system, they definitly fucked up there imo - before it was great, you really could have cross-specced, bit of this, bit of that. Adding a simplified profession system to cater to a wider clientele was a step back.

I had a Master Archi/Master Artisan/Master Merchant before, when I went in I got a load of veteran rewards and respecced back into Trader, Architect specialty. To my surprise also got Master Shipwright. :D

I noticed they introduced levels, from 1 to 90. Tried leveling my Trader by killing some rats (since he was level 1 :p) but it turns out that crafting professions are stuck at level 1, bummer, I'm defenceless in places like Endor, unless ofc I use my trusty swoop bike.

I rolled a Spy, thanks to SOE for the second character slot, specced the spy to be a rebel pilot. Then set up some houses, harvesters, and a factory with my archi. I actually had a bunch of fun finding a nice spot far away from civilisation where I could set up my "base" with buildings. Ended up setting myself up in the snowy mountains of Corellia. (I really do love the part of being able to build structures almost anywhere on almost any planet)

Then started grinding rebel pilot skills and equipping my pilot with the best possible equipment made by my architect. Space expansions is really neat, before my trial ended managed to get my rebel spy to use an X-Wing and start doing the missions from Yavin 4. Space expansion is neat, and the best thing about it are the ships, and different/many kinds of equipment you can equip them with. Although it's a pain in the ass to find the rare minerals required for some better component upgrades.

In the end I decided not to renew for a month. Ended the trial, but I enjoyed the Space Expansion.

SWG really does have huge potential, but it needs more and more improvements, and SOE needs to make up their mind, they can't be changing the game as much as they did, thats simply unfair. They should stay with a certain vision and develop it, the newest NGE (New Game Experience) is balls. SWG will always remain in my heart as the MMORPG with the best crafting system (housing, harvesters, minerals, etc).

I'm still waiting, maybe on day, a sci-fi (maybe even cyber punk) MMORPG will be made, that will link planets, housing from SWG, the atmosphere, music, feel of Anarchy Online and in-depth space elements from Eve. As well as a way to fly from the surface of a planet to space by yourself, through the atmosphere, not through a loading screen. That's my wish :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Tried the 15 day trial out, i like the changes, you did more when fighting. Only problem was some in the community, lvl90 and lvl5-30 running together killing the lowlvls quest mobs, when you yourself came and did the quest, the lvl90 would spam duels and mass pulling the mobs leaving you there with nothing to kill. Took me 3 hours to get 10 quest mobs due to lvl90's helping their friends and then keeping killing cause i got 1 mob before they saw me.

And then getting tells like bloody n00b etc when asking questions.

And the bloody patching, 5 days i kept at it, restarting their bloody launcher cause it crashed. Would have taken 6 hours if not for all the crashes. Friends had same problems.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm, i think the two expansions for swg are going cheap, maybe I should reinvest into it

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Decided to try out the free trial PCG were offering, magazine says the disk contains the full client, installed then it started patching, 23 hours...lol, no thanks :)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I played for time - it sucks now and nothing can save it.

SoE should hold up their hands, admit they ROYALLY f*cked up and apologise to King Beard and all the subscribers with promises of free subs for the new game that will replace SW:G which they will completely turn off as of X date...

If i was George Lucas i'd sue the shit out of them...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
I played for time - it sucks now and nothing can save it.

SoE should hold up their hands, admit they ROYALLY f*cked up and apologise to King Beard and all the subscribers with promises of free subs for the new game that will replace SW:G which they will completely turn off as of X date...

If i was George Lucas i'd sue the shit out of them...

Actually it was most likely Lucas Arts that forced them to make the changes.
http://www.gucomics.com/archives/view.php?cdate=20060224
http://www.guforums.com/showthread.php?t=8239#8239

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
then Mr Beard needs to go kick someones pasty back end at his ranch - even if it's only the guy who let the changes go ahead when they were so blatantly going to kill off so many accounts through such a massive change...

Whatever happened it was a royal screw-job in general. I can see it might be fun for a new player, for maybe a couple of months, but after that it was too big for the server populations, too simplified for combat professions and too much arsing around collecting such specific materials for crafting /shrug

In it's original form it wasn't great, but it was possible to rescue it with some sensible changes, but it seems the devs went too far with the CU, then again with the rework...

The only thing i enjoyed by the time my subs ran out was JTL, and even that got tedious after a while (and i still owe a hawt chick the cash for the expansion and pizza as i was flat broke when it came out :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom