Mass Linkdeaths again since 1am

C

cHodAX

Most of server gets kicked and ends up dead, keeps happening every other night at about 1am. So far 3 mass disconections and 3 deaths, 1 bub lost at lvl40 and 30g in const points, not a great night :/

C

cHodAX

Ooh what a suprise, logged back in to pray at my grave and 30 secs later linkdead again.

L

Louster

I've been getting this too. But I've also been getting huge amounts of packetloss in the night with my modem... Couldn't figure out either problem. Not real sure if there's a connection between them. Unless it's some kind of weird routing problem somewhere that only occurs at night.

V

VidX

Doubt it's just a problem with routing on your isp, as half of europe are having problems, and, guess what? all the problems seem to be happenning after londen.opentransit, so it's not an isp problem, due to, as I've said, half of europe being routed through here, since it's where the GOA/Wanadoo/FT network starts.

L

Louster

Uh wait. Are you saying that my huge amounts of packetloss (I'm talking packetloss while doing things other than playing DAoC - having troubles downloading websites and stuff) over the past week or so are due to a problem at the "GOA/Wanadoo/FT network"?

D

Danya

I have been completely stable tonight, however I had my entire group go ld 4 or 5 times in half an hour, bit damn annoying.

V

VidX

Originally posted by Louster
Uh wait. Are you saying that my huge amounts of packetloss (I'm talking packetloss while doing things other than playing DAoC - having troubles downloading websites and stuff) over the past week or so are due to a problem at the "GOA/Wanadoo/FT network"?

Ah, no, please use your brain and figure out the fact that this only affects DAoC :)

F

Fafnir

:)

I say they turn off all magic in large scale combat, it would save up a lot of bandwith.....

L

Louster

Originally posted by VidX

Ah, no, please use your brain and figure out the fact that this only affects DAoC :)

Good almost-but-not-quite-flame there, mister!
I don't know this whole routing business crap, it's just a term I heard somewhere and used just now to look cool. I was unsure whether that was what you meant, seeing how I didn't specify originally that the packetloss was just in general, thought it sounded a bit weird, and so I asked about it. He ho.
I would 'use my brain' had I the knowledge to access. For all I knew, the "GOA/Wanadoo/FT Network" could have been something that I routed through on a daily basis.

V

VidX

Sorry about that, wasn't meant as a flame, hance the :) .

The traffic coming from the DAoC EU servers is routed through the london.opentransit to get to your PC, and it is the GOA/Wanadoo/FT side of it that the problems seem to occur.

However, if you are also getting a large packetloss with normal web browsing, it will have little or nothing to do with GOA/Wanadoo/FT (unless you use them as an isp of course :) ).

If you are having alot of packetloss, you can always try reconnecting, or another isp. If the problem persists, see if you can get a lend of another modem if you are on dial-up and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom