This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Ormorof, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

Anyone else been taking a peek at the Andromeda Initiative? It seems like a nice way to build hype :)

I do laugh at all the "not actual gameplay footage" signs everywhere tho, guess they dont to end up slammed like ubisoft were after watch dogs

2. Raven

Raven Shut up, Just shut up! FH Subscriber

I might have to break a golden rule and buy EA, have to say it looks quite excellent.

3. Moriath

Moriath FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Looks good. Models are a bit simplistic which i am sure gfx fans will jump up and down about but from what i hear its optimized and the story is good.

4. Scouse

Scouse Mountain Bike Pedant FH Subscriber

Yarrrr?

5. Raven

Neg.

Not done that since HL2 (then bought it anyway)

6. Scouse

Meh. It's EA. :)

7. Moriath

I earn enough not to worry about buying games on a financial point. And its just such a pita to pirate them or at least it used to be

8. Raven

It's getting panned by pretty much everyone respectable.

Will leave it I guess.

9. Ormorof

Ormorof Resident Freddy

hmm bit dissapointed in reviews had high hopes, well not gonna buy it until ~april anyhoo no time to play it :p

10. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

I think respectable people usually torrent games to test them out, it's not a financial issue it's a 'throw money at something which might be shit' issue then you legitimise the creation of poor games.

Seems to be the case on this one.

11. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

Played a couple of hours of the free 10 hour trial and so far the story seems like fun, but oh my GOD do this game have some horrible voice actors! You can almost hear the director sighing in the background as he/she gave up trying to improve them...

Also does anyone else that have played it noticed a performance issue? More specifically every time the game switch over to and from a cutscene?

12. Moriath

Its soo much hastle to do that. Its not worth my time with the work arounds for steam or origin and all. I value my time more than the 40 quid to buy a game that might not be as good as it was supposed to be

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  13. Raven

Then you are part of the problem :)

Soooo many shit games about lately. They look pretty but are riddled with faults and poor design choices.

People lap them up regardless so there is no incentive for devs/publishers to put in any effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Moriath

I look at the reviews before i buy. But i dont torrent to try. Not part of the problem. Part of the way you can legally buy games.

Oh i do watch a bit ontwitch first usually.

15. Talivar

Talivar Part of the furniture

So do you actually go out and pay for a game after you pirated it if its good? (To the pirates)

16. Raven

I used to but these days there are so many sources for good independent reviews there is no need.

17. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

And how do you determine if a game is as good as it was supposed to be?

18. Moriath

If i dont like it as much as the hype says it is

19. Scouse

I used to (did that a lot). Nowadays I don't bother pirateing games - the games I want to play are few and far between. (Unless they're EA games - they'll never get my cash again and if I want to play one of theirs... - last one was Mass Effect 3 I think)

In this case I won't bother. Not reviewing well enough for me to spunk my time on :)

20. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Havent read the thread! (sorry, feeling lazy today)

How is it though? I heard the game itself was good but the animation quality has been taking a real hammering, people are basically saying the animation quality is really really bad.

21. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Resident Freddy

So never then?

22. Moriath

Some times i like it a lot like i wouldnt say horizon zero dawn was over hyped

23. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

• Informative Informative x 1