Mass Effect 3 trailer..

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You've not been following the leaked gameplay stuff have you?
It will be more of what you're used to, going around the galaxy.
I think the difference is you start and end the game on Earth.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You've not been following the leaked gameplay stuff have you?
It will be more of what you're used to, going around the galaxy.
I think the difference is you start and end the game on Earth.

No i can't say i've seen any of the leaked videos. I never look for them so unless someone post them on here (don't bother btw, i probably wouldn't look at them) i don't notice them.

Ah well them i'm happy :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just played through ME2 for the first time in over a year, and also bought all DLC's that had missions.

And one thing i really really hate is when you promise your "love interests" to come back from the suicide mission you kinda expect them to at least SAY something about it once the game is complete.

But no, what you get is the last conversation option where you have an option to dump him/her or reassure him/her that you are "still interested".

And Liara is even worse, all she says is "thanks for coming" when you visit her in her new base (shadow broker DLC) even if you were faithful to her and didn't hook up with anyone else.

I know the game is completed and most ppl probably just exit or import to a new game, but they should at least had a small reunion scene scene for RP purposes.

/edit: It's fun to blow up that collector base tho, the "illusive man" gets so pissed off, and god knows he deserved it... :)

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
And Liara is even worse, all she says is "thanks for coming" when you visit her in her new base (shadow broker DLC) even if you were faithful to her and didn't hook up with anyone else.

I know the game is completed and most ppl probably just exit or import to a new game, but they should at least had a small reunion scene scene for RP purposes.

I'm sure I had some sort of cutscene at the end of the Shadow Broker with Shepard and Liara on the Normandy having a "reunion".

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i got that to.

But it doesn't have any sort of "conclution" to it. Yes i know it's not actually finished, but this game is.

I mean, we just saved the bloody galaxy (again!) and all i get is a snuggle and a potential chaste strip dance from Kelly?

And again, even if i'm faithful to Liara from ME1 she doesn't really care if i survived or not when i go back to the broker ship after the suicide mission...

THERE they had a wonderful opportunity to make a really cute cuscene of her running across the room crying with joy and throw herself in shepards arms and say "you came back!" or something equally sleezy.

But no.

I'm sure I had some sort of cutscene at the end of the Shadow Broker with Shepard and Liara on the Normandy having a "reunion".

Yes, but do it as part of the main story and you'll see where i'm getting at.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Live action cutscenes? That's a bit of a throwback. Hard to see them meshing well with the ingame character models we've grown accustomed to.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Playing an infiltrator on insanity right now...

I wanna kill myself....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I only just started ME... clearly this is going to take me a while :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Haven't played ME in years, should do a complete ME and ME2 run before ME3 release.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I only just started ME... clearly this is going to take me a while :(

I just played through ME1 and ME2 blud, first time and all. Imported my char in to ME2 from the first game and all. Looking forward to ME3 I must say. Hope there is even more story, but I do wish they'd cut down on the more blatant "find this thing for me because I'm a grid tard" quests. Towards the end of ME2, I had started to ignore the random people you could talk to, mostly because they'd tend to be such whiny bitches tbh.

TdC

Playing an infiltrator on insanity right now...

I wanna kill myself....

yeah I was playing straight up soldier-soldier for my playthroughs. I'm deffo going to try out some of that weird shiz just to see how the combat goes :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's a fucking nightmare early on as infiltrators don't get any real reliable weapons or powers to start with. The pistols are ok i guess, but they are either horribly inaccurate due to massive kickback or have a really really low ammo count.

TdC

yeah if you're using a hand cannon you have to be careful to place your shots, even as a soldier with mad stabilizers on and everything.

I had the difficulty level on normal, and about half way though the game I was already taking out Geth Primes by myself, having directed squaddies to take care of anything not as bad ass. when you're so amped up you can punch out a Krogan, then something's rather ramped in your favour I guess 0o

does upping the difficulty balance the game more, or does it just make everything harder to kill?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
On hardcore and insanity all mobs have either armor and/or barriers (many times both) and a lot more health. None will be unprotected, they also get upgraded weapons and use their powers like there's no tomorrow.

In fact the weapons they use are so upgraded that no amount of shield upgrades you have will save you for more then a second or two, even with shield powers active.

So trying to zoom aim is a nogo 95% of the time.

Fuck up even a tiny bit and you die half a second later. :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Insanity isnt that bad usually, just end up using cover more since the first hit will take out your shields and the second will kill you. I finished it with an Adept but i really struggled with the scions (the hunchback guys with the shockwave attack). The bit where you fight 2 of them in the open area with all the crates and husks took me about a dozen attempts
Even worse - the bit at the end when you're in the shield bubble and you get a horde of husks and a scion and you cant kite them cos you cant leave the shield.

I also had to leave the side mission with the 3 large mechs destroying crates til near the end of the game since I'd literally run out of ammo before managing to kill them

The mini-nuke special weapon is your friend :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The mini-nuke special weapon is your friend :)

I refuse to use that weapon.

Even tho it's only good for one (2 fully upgraded and with heavy weapon capacity armor) i always feel like i'm cheating when i use it.

I like the collector particle beam and the missile launcher.

Those are pretty much the only heavy weapons i use unless there's loads of husks, then i use the cryo gun.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
FUCK SHIT FUCK BASTARD FUCK CUNT SHIT FUCK ARSEHOLE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fucking game just lost my save, I now have "start a new career" as my only load option.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Eh? How'd you manage that?

You got autosave off and didn't save or something?

/edit: had a go at the "Arrival" DLC, fucking hell! :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I didn't mate. Autosave is on in the options.

I got the shit kicked out of me (sniped in the head) and when I clicked "Resume from last save" it just bounced me to the menu.

Not fucking happy at all.

TdC

poor guy! Imma gunna start ME2 again to play a nasty char for shits and giggles :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I didn't mate. Autosave is on in the options.

I got the shit kicked out of me (sniped in the head) and when I clicked "Resume from last save" it just bounced me to the menu.

Not fucking happy at all.

thats a known prob i believe there is a workaround fi you DONT start a new game

also why the hell are you using one auto save and not making a backup ? :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mostly because it was a game and I've gotten used to shit taking care of itself (damn steam cloud!) :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i always use at least 2, cos i expect them to fuck up, go figure :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom