Games Mass Effect 3 - I wet myself

eksdee

FH is my second home
this looks great. i am a little apprehensive though, found ME2 really boring and quit playing it about half way through. ME1, for me, is one of the greatest games of the past 10 years. i really hope they can recapture what made ME1 great for ME3.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
this looks great. i am a little apprehensive though, found ME2 really boring and quit playing it about half way through. ME1, for me, is one of the greatest games of the past 10 years. i really hope they can recapture what made ME1 great for ME3.

It was the other way around for me, even though I found ME1 to be great, I felt more connected to the characters in ME2 for some reason =)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

ME2 got really good later in the game, I did prefer ME1 I must admit but ME2 did not disappoint and was still probably in the top 3 games of last year for me.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Go back to the hole you crawled out of, you add zero to any thread you post on.

I'm so sorry, God's Gift to FreddysHouse

Please forgive me :(:(

Sorry, these kind of Developers just annoy me :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like a nice game.

But i dont think that ma camputer can handle so many requirements :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
That was one of the problems with ME2, took ages to get going. Mind you that was mainly because I wanted Garrus and Tali back on the team and I didn't like Miranda and Jacob, never used them once I had Garrus and anyone else. Just hope ME3 has you jump in from the get go with your team from ME2. I am in the best Possible position at the end with so many allies ready to fight the Reapers. I think the Rachni will play a big part for my storyline in 3.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Typical fan boy, 60 hours of gameplay for £30-40? that is pretty bad no matter how good the game is, for £30-40 I expect atleast 1-2 weeks..

Wtf are you talking about?

60 Hours is pretty damned good for a game. You sit and play a game for 60 fucking hours straight?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Wtf are you talking about?

60 Hours is pretty damned good for a game. You sit and play a game for 60 fucking hours straight?

maybe he means that he expects 1-2 weeks of gametime? i.e. a couple of months to complete it?

I have to agree a bit with Keitan as the few games I have played lately are very short (while I loved running around in Oblivion/Dragon Age they ended far to quickly for my taste :p).

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
So a tenner for a dvd movie that lasts maybe 2 hours. So that's £40 for 8 hours entertainment.

Then there's £40 for a game that last 60 hours.

If all we're talking about is value for money, then yes, things like Civ, FM, MOO2 will give better value for money overall. But if we're comparing a £40 60 hour game to ANY OTHER form of entertainment, then the RPG (ME series, Baldurs Gate, hell, even frigging Fallout 3 & NV) are top of the list.

The point is, ME3 is still gonna kick more ass than Chuck Norris in a dog fight.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i never played ME2 cause my wee laptop (i had to downgrade from my rather uber PC to a 2nd hand laptop when i moved for various reasons) cant handle it :(

might have to invest in a hardware upgrade! all i need now is monies... where can i get some? :(

Exioce

Part of the furniture

I had the exact same feeling about ME2, could not understand why lots of people preferred it to the original. Maybe the combat had been polished slightly, I couldn't tell, but the planet scanning? The boring half-story that never really gets started? Hopefully ME3 is a return to form.

eksdee

FH is my second home
this 'debate' about game length as a measuring-stick for value for money is absolutely silly. i'd rather pay £40 for 8 hours of excellent gaming, then £40 for 60 hours for the sake of 'value' for money with an average game.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
this 'debate' about game length as a measuring-stick for value for money is absolutely silly. i'd rather pay £40 for 8 hours of excellent gaming, then £40 for 60 hours for the sake of 'value' for money with an average game.

agree on some points over here.

But we are in economical crisis. :p

Its a bit ''shit'' to pay 50 - 60 euros and after 8 - 10 hours straight gameplay the game will be done.

eksdee

FH is my second home
why do you feel entitled to more?

people are more than happy to pay £50+++ to go to a football match for a 90minute game, to pay £10 or so for a 90-120minute film on dvd... etc, etc.

just because SOME games give you x amount of gameplay, it doesn't mean you should expect it from all games. for some games, it makes sense, for others it doesn't. you have to be objective and realistic about the type of game you are paying for. in the case of mass effect, i think it is somewhat justifiable to expect around 15-20 hours gameplay given that it is an rpg; a genre which lends itself to lengthy, winding stories. however, i would still rather pay for an excellent experience than simply a lengthy one.

long and short: you don't have to blow through games in 12 hour sessions, if you like doing that then obviously no one is going to stop you, but that isn't how games are intended to be played.

Lethul

FH is my second home

what about £40 for 8 hours of excellent gaming vs £40 for 60 hours of excellent gaming? :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
why do you feel entitled to more?

people are more than happy to pay £50+++ to go to a football match for a 90minute game, to pay £10 or so for a 90-120minute film on dvd... etc, etc.

just because SOME games give you x amount of gameplay, it doesn't mean you should expect it from all games. for some games, it makes sense, for others it doesn't. you have to be objective and realistic about the type of game you are paying for. in the case of mass effect, i think it is somewhat justifiable to expect around 15-20 hours gameplay given that it is an rpg; a genre which lends itself to lengthy, winding stories. however, i would still rather pay for an excellent experience than simply a lengthy one.

long and short: you don't have to blow through games in 12 hour sessions, if you like doing that then obviously no one is going to stop you, but that isn't how games are intended to be played.

no chance for me to pay 50 + for a football match tbh :p

and ye i didnt say that you r wrong or something, but this crappy day 1 (you just bought the game and you cant stop playing it :>)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
The surveying in ME2 was annoying yes but nowhere as annoying as shitty, hilly planet scouting in the Mako, besides you didnt have to do that much surveying.

ME2 just seemed more involving and more challenging - though maybe cos I played it through on insanity :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
maybe he means that he expects 1-2 weeks of gametime? i.e. a couple of months to complete it?

I have to agree a bit with Keitan as the few games I have played lately are very short (while I loved running around in Oblivion/Dragon Age they ended far to quickly for my taste :p).

But like someone else said, if a game has 60 hours of playtime, who the hell sits their for 60 hours straight playing it?

Its funny you should say about Oblivion/Dragon Age, as I would use these as an example of great value for money when it comes to time vs money.
Add in FREE TO PLAY AND DOWNLOAD mods and you can easily double a games time.

eksdee

FH is my second home
what about £40 for 8 hours of excellent gaming vs £40 for 60 hours of excellent gaming? :p

well obviously this would be the ideal situation, but if you look at many of the big titles that represented a 'long' experience this year - for example the new fallout game and red dead redemption - i don't think it is unfair to say that length often (read: not always) has a negative effect on how fun the game is in a relative sense throughout the time you play - red dead for example i found very repetitive - or on the stability of the game - just look at how horrifically buggy fallout: new vegas is.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The Elder Scrolls V release date has been announced btw. 11-11-11 :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom