Mass dropage

O

old.Alexia

The rules are "This is when 2 or more players from the same clan drop at the same time"

I personnally think refs need to pause the game when it comes to 2 ppl lower than the agreed number. So as to keep a "sportmanship" attitude and a real fair play game.

What do you think ?

O

old.Round[DONut]

/me agress to. If 2 or more ppl from one team is dropping, then pause the server.

V

vuz

umm, ya i agree, altho i think if the members fail to get on to the server after a period of time (say 5 mins) then the games has to continue?

O

old.Alexia

Maybe stick with the current rules for the following no ?

They are stating :

"The players then have 5 minutes to get back on the server, if they do not get back on the server and there is a good reason for this (their ISP may have gone down) then the end of the match may be postponed. The score from the point they dropped will be kept and the timeleft will be changed for the replay to equal the amount of time left there was at the point of the incident."

I was just asking on the drop at "same" time. The rest of it seems good to me.

Al

O

old.Refugee

CAn we also count HUGE pings (like 2000) as a drop, so they have time to calm/recon?

O

old.Alexia

Errrr to me... no

Connex problems are to be dealt with one by one me thinks.

We have to let that to the referee... this is why reffing a game is a tough job ;p

Al

O

old.TGC Snow

i agree with refugee - i think a 750+ ping should count as a drop (obviously only if it's permanently up there)... the thing is, a player with a ping like that might not be playing, but might have trouble actually leaving the game or whatever

E

exxxie

one man (or woman) - one clan - help stamp about TFC h00rs

NOOO.... to a mass droppage rule...think how this can be abused? Say if BC/RW went down or a team had to rapidly re-thing their Defence strategy to cope with an opponent that was walking all over them? They drop 2 players sharpish and get a set amount of time to reboot the BC/RW server or re-think the strat? PAH - were all at the mercy of our ISP or cable providor or whatever the hell way you play. Introducing a rule like this is bound to cause more problems that it will fix.

O

old.Alexia

the rule already exists. I don't remember clans "abusing" this rule.
But ref are supposed to pause only when drop is "at same time". I was suggesting ref can pause anytime.
If a ref thinks one team is dropping on purpose... well... ref's decision is final after all.

Al

O

old.TGC Snow

but XS, it's not as simple as that:

1) modemers don't necessarily drop more frequently than LPBs, but they do tend to stay off the server for longer. So it isn't fair to say that both clans are in the same situation.

2) if u look at the console when someone leaves, it will say <name> dropped, if they lagged, timed out, whatever, or <name> left the game if they manually quit.

3) it is still possible to get around all this, but how many clans do u know, who would ask 3 of their members to pull out their plugs at the same time, and then spend 5 minutes reconnecting, just so they could work out a new strat?

O

old.Gimp

Ban Whores!

Fakelag/Fakeloss?

[RA] lost 2 ntl cable users the other nite against RNK, and played on with 6 men to lose. I don't think this is fair but we accepted defeat, that's just how it goes. We didn't get subs on (even tho there were about 20 ppl in our IRC room :p).
I don't think a game should be stopped if there are droppages, you just have to get a sub(s) on as quick as you can or play on and wait for them to return.
When a player in a football match gets injured, they dont sit on the pitch until he recovers, they get a sub on :p. (Slightly poor comparison but you get the idea).

E

exxxie

JUST SAY NO! to TFC h00rs

Snow:

1) Agreed, but the delay is only slighly longer for me to dial and get on a server, than it is for an ISDN user with a slower CPU and less ram. Not to mention custom.hpk files and stuff :)

2) It comparatively simple to drop from a server, just alt-tab out and load up IE and find your fave mp3/warez/p0rn site :p

3) If it a rule already without protection from the abuses I've outlined. whats to stop [RA] from doing this the next time Battlecom crashes 5 minutes into the first map? Trust, decency and fair play thats all. Qualities that [RA] and many clans uphold. But not all unfortunetly :(

O

old.TGC Snow

1) i was referring to reconnecting to the ISP, not the server, but fair comment anyway...

2) the whole of clan TFC is based around trust anyway. Who knows how many top defenders use cheat models to spot spies, players round corners, etc. I don't, but i trust most of them not to.

3) that's the idea of the 5 minute rule i think. 5 mins is (just about) enough time to sort out a mass droppage or some other major problem. But i don't think it's gonna give u any tactical advantage. A server pause is just that - a pause of everything on the server. So it hardly affects the game.

We found the use of this rule in our match against SLH, and it basically turned a game of 2fort into a fair game. it was 8 v 5, and as u can guess, we were being slaughtered. I can only imagine what the result would have been had we paused earlier :/

O

old.[SLH]Slippy

Snow you can imagine all you want but at the end of the day it was 8 v 6 not 8 v 5 as you stated and considering it was a member of your team not a ref that paused the game me wonders what would have happened if we had dropped to 6 instead of you ????? I dont think that takes alot of imagination to work out do you?

O

old.TGC Snow

it was 8 v 5. 2 dropped simultaneously, another dropped about 30 seconds later. If u really wanna dispute that, i'm sure i can get server logs if it really matters.

secondly, Fade was told by viruz to look after the match, as he is a BWTFCL referee. He paused the game because it is within the rules. You said in the other post that u are a nice bloke, it's not all of SLH, bla bla bla, but u are talking crap frankly. i know Viruz doesn't want flame wars, but when you're disputing something which is a matter of fact, then here's the answer you're gonna f**king get.

at least i'm a mouthy t**t who speaks the truth.

O

old.[SLH]Slippy

/me laughs at the 4 days response time.

You are quite right Fade is a BWTFCL ref. He is also a TGC player so as I say which hat do you think he would have worn if we lost 2-3 players ?

O

old.TGC Snow

well, 4 days response time is coz i've been on hols and also BT have successfully managed to fekker my phone line. A similar situation to that u just described =did= happen during the game, and Fade did what he did for us (well in fact, your blokes dropped while game was paused for our droppage, but he did hold it on pause until your lot were back).

if he was biased, he wouldn't be a ref. If u wanna know what kind of person Fade is, he won't even tell us A&I's Monkey tactics (he plays for A&I of course...) and he is our dep leader. He ain't biased. tbh, TFC is just a game, if ppl were gonna abuse rcon, etc. etc. what would be the point in playing? if u reffed a match for your own team would u be biased? i hope not.

A

Atomic Rammer

Let me put this story to rest right now.
A&I do not employ such dastardly things as "tactics"

We will not tolerate such skullduggerous rumourmongering cast in our direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom