Martin Corry, and Andy robinson, should they stay?

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Well, these to people are the captian, and coach of England rugby at the momement, and in my honest opinion, they need to go, AND, if they go, i think we can win the world cup, again. :england:
So, what do you guys think? discuss.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Robinson will be gone by the end of the day I reckon. BBC are reporting he's been given ultimatum by RFU to jump or be pushed, with Johnson favourite to replace him. Hmmm Worcester are looking for a coach...what odds Robinson being there by the end of the week? :drink:

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Imo, Robinson will go back to bath - as they have no head coach atm.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
England don't have the players to win the WC rugbehnoob!

We

Are

Shit

:england: :(

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Azurus said:
England don't have the players to win the WC rugbehnoob!

We

Are

Shit

:england: :(

Yes, we do. We have the likes of Josh lewsy, borthwick, grewcock, cohen, sackey, tindall, moody, and many more, we just need to search, if we get a new coach, we can do that, imo, we can still win it.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Ireland have a better squad, that tells you something. :fluffle:

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh i dont think u have a chance in the next world cup, even with a new coach u have a max of maybe a dozen games left to get ready, the 1st lot of which start in 2 months, and are spaced closely together, besides, the way New Zealand are playing atm, they should walk it (in theory), I'll give u the fact ur missing a lot of players through injury etc (wilkinson etc), but i think ur structures and the whole club vs country thing is hurting you, the reason Ireland are doing so well is the structures they have in place, the fact the irish union own the players contracts so get to say when they play, and the fact most of the players play together every week, and the core of the squad hasn't changed much in the last 3-4 yrs, and they could build up a squad bit by bit without making wholesale changes. Back on to the original question asked, i dont think either are up to the job they are appointed to, robinson is a good coach but he's no manager which is needed, while corry just isn't up to the task if being captain, im not even sure, he's worth his place in the starting xv atm

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I was gonna go all out in the soccer thread and say how utterly pointless and boring a sport can be, and how people can actually be fans of it, though there's nothing wrong like there's nothing wrong in homosexualoity...but...umm...well you made this and...well...

Everz

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
I was gonna go all out in the soccer thread and say how utterly pointless and boring a sport can be, and how people can actually be fans of it, though there's nothing wrong like there's nothing wrong in homosexualoity...but...umm...well you made this and...well...
u need a life m8

Marc

FH is my second home
You can blame who you want, the problem is England just dont have the talent anymore. Doesnt matter who Robinson picks, they are all garbage. The only decent nation these days are the all blacks, who went back to basics after the last world cup and this has payed dividends. The fact is, with the exception of the all blacks, no other nation can play rugby. They lack the basic skills such as drawing the man and off loading, dummy running or running the correct lines. England just hoy the ball down the line and hope a defender falls over

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Marc said:
You can blame who you want, the problem is England just dont have the talent anymore. Doesnt matter who Robinson picks, they are all garbage. The only decent nation these days are the all blacks, who went back to basics after the last world cup and this has payed dividends. The fact is, with the exception of the all blacks, no other nation can play rugby. They lack the basic skills such as drawing the man and off loading, dummy running or running the correct lines. England just hoy the ball down the line and hope a defender falls over

Somewhat true but running the right lines is less skill and more practice. Yes, you need basic ball handling skills but we have had this discussion before and we will continue to disagree how far League is or is not ahead of Union.

England do have players with skill like Lewsy, Cohen.....England's big problem is structure, leadership and management. I would agree that we are lacking in certain areas and miss the like of Johnny W. big time. No suitable replacement seen yet from my pov.

The setup between club and country has gone too far towards club. The RFU won't stick their grubby paws into the coffers to pay some of the wages like others sports do (cricket). Until they do Clubs will get priority over what happens to their investments, and rightly so. This is the whole reason Sir Clive quit. Robinson has no excuse as he took over knowing full well what the situation was going to be and stated publicly that he could work with it.

Seeing England line up for set pieces at the breakdown has been a joke, the players don't even know where they are supposed be. The ball is so slow comming that the opposition are prepared. This is totally down to Robinson and co. Tactically his reign has taken our play back 20 years. He must go.

Corry is not a Captain for me but in saying that I don't really see anyone else big enough to take on the mantle.

As for the All Blacks, yes they are the best in the world right now. Lets hope they don't choke again at the big event. Attacking they are miles ahead of everyone in both style and skill. Defensively they cheat alot and constantly get away with killing the ball, comming in over the top and around the sides. It took nearly 70 mins for the ref on Saturday to do anything about it.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Amen! someone who speaks the truth

English people have a nasty habit of scapegoating rather than actually looking at the problem and fixing it, Robinson wasnt the best choice true, but i think he has been put between a rock and a hard place tbh doesnt matter who you put in they wouldnt have been able to make a winning side, NZ are the brazil of rugby imo, they have so much talent its silly, who have england got? Lewsy and thats about it

England has no development of players, the all-blacks are a cut above because their players are talent spotted then developed from when they are in their equivalent of college

Wales did impress me till their last game where they seemed to have lost their form :/

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
England has no development of players, the all-blacks are a cut above because their players are talent spotted then developed from when they are in their equivalent of college

No developement of players! Complete rubbish, that is what the National Academy was built for. The RFU and Sport England puts more money into developement of youth players than most sporting bodies can dream of. The developement of the game had a terrific boost as a result of the last World Cup. Unless the Clubs and RFU can agree with a new setup and payment scheme then it will have been for nothing.

As for Wales they have talent in certain area but woefully lacking quality in the forwards. Ireland are the only Northern Hemisphere side right now that can compete with Aus/NZ dominance.

I am glad England did so badly recently and RFU are at last making positive changes that coincide with the club owners wishes. Less games for the International players and the RFU paying some salaries is needed. Rob Andrew will have his work cut out trying to keep everyone happy and move the game forward.

Not sure Johno will make a great choice of Manager/Coach for England my personnal choice would be Warren Gattling or Nick Mallet. Johno would be good in the back room and helping motivate the new players.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
No developement of players! Complete rubbish, that is what the National Academy was built for. The RFU and Sport England puts more money into developement of youth players than most sporting bodies can dream of. The developement of the game had a terrific boost as a result of the last World Cup. Unless the Clubs and RFU can agree with a new setup and payment scheme then it will have been for nothing

As for Wales they have talent in certain area but woefully lacking quality in the forwards. Ireland are the only Northern Hemisphere side right now that can compete with Aus/NZ dominance.

I am glad England did so badly recently and RFU are at last making positive changes that coincide with the club owners wishes. Less games for the International players and the RFU paying some salaries is needed. Rob Andrew will have his work cut out trying to keep everyone happy and move the game forward.

Not sure Johno will make a great choice of Manager/Coach for England my personnal choice would be Warren Gattling or Nick Mallet. Johno would be good in the back room and helping motivate the new players.
And what do we have to show for it?
We still have players playing international games followed by domestic ones the following weekend, hell after the world cup the england squad were back playing for ther local teams within 1 to 2 weeks.
This is where it matters, what good is a player if he cant perfom?
There is no TIME for development because they are always stuck between international and domestic games, as you have also said above.
Soon as we get some talent we burn them out in a few years, just look at Wilkinson, Olly Barkley, James-Simpson just to name a few off the top of my head
The RFU pays the clubs £30k p yr for players to come to international games, which is fair enough but still doesnt fix the problem that they are being made to play too many games in too little time

Marc

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
Somewhat true but running the right lines is less skill and more practice. Yes, you need basic ball handling skills but we have had this discussion before and we will continue to disagree how far League is or is not ahead of Union.

England do have players with skill like Lewsy, Cohen.....England's big problem is structure, leadership and management. I would agree that we are lacking in certain areas and miss the like of Johnny W. big time. No suitable replacement seen yet from my pov.

The setup between club and country has gone too far towards club. The RFU won't stick their grubby paws into the coffers to pay some of the wages like others sports do (cricket). Until they do Clubs will get priority over what happens to their investments, and rightly so. This is the whole reason Sir Clive quit. Robinson has no excuse as he took over knowing full well what the situation was going to be and stated publicly that he could work with it.

Seeing England line up for set pieces at the breakdown has been a joke, the players don't even know where they are supposed be. The ball is so slow comming that the opposition are prepared. This is totally down to Robinson and co. Tactically his reign has taken our play back 20 years. He must go.

Corry is not a Captain for me but in saying that I don't really see anyone else big enough to take on the mantle.

As for the All Blacks, yes they are the best in the world right now. Lets hope they don't choke again at the big event. Attacking they are miles ahead of everyone in both style and skill. Defensively they cheat alot and constantly get away with killing the ball, comming in over the top and around the sides. It took nearly 70 mins for the ref on Saturday to do anything about it.

No, its not about league vs union. I dont really like union, because of all the hassle its caused league over the years, I also cringe when watching it from time to time, due to the lack of skills. I do enjoy the super 14s though, as its fast and some good flowing rugby is played. However, I am english and always like england to do well in whatever they do.

People can bury their head in the sands, but England just do not have the talent base. Lewsey is alright, I will give you that, but hes not what Id consider "world class". I have heard great things about Tait and Noon, but everytime I watch them they look completely out of their depth. I tell you what Englands problem is. After the last world cup they should of got rid of the ageing players there and then. Thank them for winning the world cup but get them to move on so England could prepare for the next world cup. There is no point trying out players for the world cup, a year before it starts. This is what the All blacks did and now look. As for them cheating, yes, it may be perceived as cheating, I would call it sportsmanship. They are within the rules in the way they obstruct and clear the ruck area, but its not cheating by the "laws of the game".

As it stands, I cant see anyone competeing with the all blacks. Unless the ARU spend millions in bringing Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis, Hunt, Gasnier, Lyon and King over from rugby league. An australian three quarter line boasting all them names would more than be a match for the all blacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom