Mariasha's box encounter bugged?

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
A few people have been asking if Mariasha's box has been picked up recently on /as lately, and I've been answering that it's bugged so that the box wont repop, because that's what I was told myself. Can anyone confirm this? Rightnow'ed it yesterday, so hope to get an answer tomorrow, but would be nice if anyone in here also knew wether or not it's bugged atm.

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
dont know if its bugged, but it sure are abit special :)
i think he popes sometimes and then depopes, so just stay there camping with a bb for 12 hours or sum and i bet you get it.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Well, since I'm in holidays, I tried checking that encounter in weird hours in the last days - early mornings, late night etc. It was never up, and I never saw people camping it, not even once.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
There is allso a way to pick up GSV (without the glove) to not make it repop :p

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
as i did mariashas with a friend sometime ago.. the encounter was always up.. guess hunter is really fotm now!

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
about 2months ago i camped it for 3days ie, 72hours, had no work :). it poped just at the end then repoped 4hours later, so farmed again, havnt seen it since then.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It supposedly has very odd spawn timing - I got mine as soon as ToA went live, about 10min after the servers came up. I suggest you check it out after a server reboot as it was there when I did.

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
It supposedly has very odd spawn timing - I got mine as soon as ToA went live, about 10min after the servers came up. I suggest you check it out after a server reboot as it was there when I did.

Yeah i remember that Tesla .. and right after you got it i wanted to get it .. and it didnt pop for like 2 weeks :/
Rightnow´d it .. but dont remember what or who fixed it .. hm.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Well I remember getting it one of the first days on my ranger as well.. was constantly up in hib/excal.. even grabbed a pair for my brother and irl mate before I realized they needed the credit too :twak: But that wasn't a problem because they were up when they needed them too. I just heard that it was bugged here on pryd, but I guess my sources were wrong :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There is no bug preventing it from spawning. I've checked it and it's fine.
I'll recap briefly how artifact spawns work:
Encounters have a 'spawn timer' and a random chance. Every time the spawn timer reaches 0, teh game looks to see if the encounter is up. If it isn't it rolls a random number and compares it to the random chance to see if it should spawn. Either way, the timer resets at that point and starts counting down again. Because the roll is random every time the timer reaches 0, this means that there is no maximum time for an encounter to repop. Theoretically an encounter could take a year to pop although the chances of this are astronomically unlikely.

Some things like lowbie monsters have a 100% chance to pop and the spawn timer is only a few seconds, this means they'll be up all the time even if you sit there chaining them. Other things (like Sidi/TG/Galladoria mobs) have a 100% chance to pop but a long spawn timer - this means they'll pop after a long wait but the wait will always be the same length. All Artifact encounters have a less than 100% chance to spawn and spawn timers of anything from a few minutes to over a real life day. Mariasha's Sharkskin gloves has a very long spawn timer and a very low chance to pop which means it will be a very rare artifact encounter. It is entirely possible - even common - for more than a couple of weeks to go by without it respawning.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Encounters have a 'spawn timer' and a random chance. Every time the spawn timer reaches 0, teh game looks to see if the encounter is up. If it isn't it rolls a random number and compares it to the random chance to see if it should spawn. Either way, the timer resets at that point and starts counting down again. Because the roll is random every time the timer reaches 0, this means that there is no maximum time for an encounter to repop. Theoretically an encounter could take a year to pop although the chances of this are astronomically unlikely.

Some things like lowbie monsters have a 100% chance to pop and the spawn timer is only a few seconds, this means they'll be up all the time even if you sit there chaining them. Other things (like Sidi/TG/Galladoria mobs) have a 100% chance to pop but a long spawn timer - this means they'll pop after a long wait but the wait will always be the same length. All Artifact encounters have a less than 100% chance to spawn and spawn timers of anything from a few minutes to over a real life day. Mariasha's Sharkskin gloves has a very long spawn timer and a very low chance to pop which means it will be a very rare artifact encounter. It is entirely possible - even common - for more than a couple of weeks to go by without it respawning.
Could you please PM me a complete list of artifact spawn timers and the % chance for pop. Thanks ;)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

Now that makes a whole lot of sense to a lot of stuff I've been wondering.. thanks :cheers:

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,

Thank you for the report. We will investigate to see if there is a bug which is preventing the proper spawn of thios encounter. You should be aware however that due to the random nature of these encounters, it is entirely possible for a very long time to pass without the encounter spawning and this does not necessarily mean there is a bug. There is no maximum time for the encounter to spawn. The Mariasha's Sharkskin Gloves artifact in particular has an average respawn time of several days.

Yours sincerely,

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
A bit sad that mythic expects us to be able to wait for several days just to compete in rvr :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom