E

Excess1on

ok
we need to sort out the maps for season 2

we need 7 maps for TS and 7 maps for CTF

any ideas about which maps to drop/add post em here

O

old.Anime

only maps worth playing are abbey, casa, docks, streets, village, ricochet, uptown, rommel, and swim
(personally i dont like uptown and rommel from that list)

_all_ the other maps always get voted away, on servers where voting is allowed. I think that is a good indicator on what maps people enjoy to play.

S

show

heh
ALL maps are WORTH playing because they create statistics that more accurately create a conclusion on who is the best clan :p

I think however that a few of the worse official maps (not visual quality but gameplay quality) could do with being dropped and replaced with dam, laneway, museum and bungalow.

O

old.Anime

I don't agree with ur statistic thingie
it's not the same beating a top clan on abbey, as it is beating them on pressure zone or austria

the more 'less known' a map is, the less it is about tactics and the more it is about luck

right, im not sure this english is any good, so if it isnt, sorry :D

E

Excess1on

mmmm

a so called "TOP CLAN" should be able to play well on any official map, not just one or two well known maps, so beating them on any map should be regarded as skill.

O

old.T120N

Top Clan

You obviously talking about ISS.

S

show

anime when you go to war you dont get to run around the warzone in yoru home country a hundred times with blanks before you get there. Battles are won by armies that have been trained to deal with any situation and landscape, a good clan could be seen as a good army or a special forces task group, whilst a bad clan can be seen as grunts who scored well on the target practise and therefore have the basics needed for war.

Heh what a fooked up analogy but still, a great clan knows what its members are good for and what they are capable of and with decent communication should be able to deal with any map. When a clan has home maps they are good purely because they have played the map together plenty of times and discovered by trial and error where each member should go.

Which clan do you think is a better clan ?

O

old.MadMolio

list of maps looks good to me, well except rommel, maybe you should keep it for the last weeks or so, with some luck we might get to play the updated version (I'm way too optimistic) ;)

E

Excess1on

hehe

yea

that was the plan m8
check the map list at the bottom of the rules page
its set for week 7, so 2.4 *should* be out by then :clap:

O

old.Anime

show :(
i thought the better clan would be idd the more expierenced that plays well together,
in other words the clan with the best teamplay
and not the one who's only skill is aim (if u can even call that much of a skill)
and now u go pick mostly maps where aim is all what matters... :/

why are u picking maps that are boring to play? :(
im not afraid to play maps i havent played a lot
i just dont like to play maps that are no fun to play...
cuz unlike real war, urban terror is supposed to be fun right..
i thought this league was supposed to be fun too
:(

E

Excess1on

well.....

Anime, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you make a list of maps which you think are the only ones worth playing, and nearly every map in that list has been around since b2 first came out, then i gotta say that list sounds pretty boring tbh.

you also said that other maps (that you havent listed) always get voted off servers with voting turned on, then you go on to say that the maps I have listed for season 2 are "boring to play"

how do people know they are boring to play when they vote them off the servers????

and how can aim be the only thing matters on the maps?

surely the one thing that matters on all maps is how you play them as a team

O

old.Anime

heh, why are u pickin on me? :(
i thought u asked for input of the players
all i was sayin was that the maps i didnt mention are not liked by the majority of the players out there... i was just tryin to help...
personally i like bungalow a lot, and im glad it made the list..
and i wish there were a lot more new maps with some good gameplay

and yeah, i think huge maps like sands and afterhours are boring to play
take sands ctf, u have to travel half a day before u get to the enemy flag, and then u still have to get back again...

and yeh, what matters on all maps is how you play them as a team. doesnt take away the fact that there are maps that are crap and boring to play, and that the winner of a map isnt the best clan, but just the clan with the best aim, cuz of lack of good gameplay of the map

E

Excess1on

i suppose

we could swap sands for a smaller map, like austria (flags are closer together) but then a lot of people will moan about that map too :(

i didnt think Afterhours was that big when i was playing it tbh, although the cinema section is a bit of a git

D

Delph

waaah.

a) stop picking on anime,
b) anime: just because people on servers vote off maps, doesn't mean they aren't good.

mostly its just people wanting a map they know and udderstand, and anyhow, publik servers are no guide to clan warfare.

Any map, any time, any where, the bunnies will creativley own your pansy asses.

ps. i like sands, but object to afterhours because of that cinema section...

and where is alleys? one of the best maps imho. if only it had the teamsay zones sorted out it'd be brilliant. And streets sucks, too easy to control the map from the middle roof.

AAAAAAAAAAAanyway

:eek: lets get on with it?

O

old.[THC]daffy

1. Dropping the most played map is the best move to completely fuck up you league. Believe me, i've been playing online since Duke 3d and when they did that for the Q2 league ... most clans just left. (they pulled Q2dm1).
When they did it for Q3dm6tmp hell broke loose and they changed it back.
So just put abbey back in. It's one of the best, if not the best, map around.

2. I'd rather see laneway go until the fps are better (WAAAAY better) on that map. And c'mon, such a small map for ctf? you've got to be kidding me, less good clans will just be raped.

3. I wouldn't play Dam in TS cause you are gonna get loads of draws (get loads of em on pub servers)

4. Sands i just don't like, i know its personal but loads of peeps agree with this and playing ctf on a slow sand map???
i've played Q3ctf (still do) and Q2ctf and a ctf should be big and fast or small and slow (with easy defendable base)

5. Afterhours i like the worst map ever, be gone st00ped map

6. anime has a point, wheter you get the "soldiers should be abley to bla bla" speech or not Show, loads of leagues just get fucked up by putting in maps that are never played. When you do want to put in such maps, DONT DROP COMMON MAPS FOR THEM. As an admin you should know what maps are played alot and try to calculate that in your maplist. Those maps are all nice but when they are not played alot, you cant predic what will happen on them. What if some newbie found some lame bug to abuse? like on village .... No really mate, dont get maps involved in the league that arent well played.

S

show

hehe
dont talk about what you dont know either.

i havent chosen a single map or participated in any kind of decision making for season 2.

The whole point of this topic is to sort out what maps people want but look around, where are the people ? if people gave a flying fuck there would be over a hundred posts here by now and a tally could be drawn up to a conclusion.

I posted purely because there was a side to an arguement i belived in and wanted to post about.

O

old.[THC]daffy

maybe 20 people read this forum

and dont start name calling :(

u are an admin so it's presumable you choose the maps

E

Excess1on

maybe

not many people look at this forum, but i also sent out an email to each clan about season 2 and the maps, i set the topic in the league channel asking about the maps.

most of the responses to the map list have been positive, with most people liking the list, only a couple of people have said they dont like the maps that have been chosen, and that is the people who have posted on here.

tbh, i am going to go with the opinion of the majority, not the minority when it involves the league with regard to maps and settings etc.

O

old.AaSiMonSoLaR

We are getting to a point were we will have SEVERAL maps to choose from.

If you take aq2 for example you know how many maps you have there...some are good others shitnizz...but aq2 is based only on TS.

I think that for urbanterrror you cant compare a normal ctf (from q3 or q2) with the current ctf implemented in urbanterror.

I think most maps (from the list) are very nice. I only think that sands ctf is a terrible choice...its TO big for a nice ctf 6 vs 6 match.

Other maps are cool (better start playing some of them a bit more)

O

old.Lee-

i think that the spawn points for ctf maps have to b considered during selection. sometimes these can make games fairly unbalanced. just my 2 euros worth :D

O

old.Steuk

k then

Hmm nice posts... :)

anyway just giving my opinion on the maps so here it goes:

TS
The TS maps are fine by with an exception on Dam which is maybe a little sucky to play TS on. I also like Abbey better.

CTF
well unlike daffy ;) I like CTF, play it alot online too and maybe have some suggestions for the league. First of all I wouldn't play Sands and Rommel because games will get very onesided and dull. Sands is a map i'm totaly bored with (personal) and Rommel, well maybe if it's updated it might be ok but as it is now it will be a bad choice. Maybe you could replace one of those maps (preferably sands) with complex. I've played this a few times and it was both fun & exciting. You might wanna check that one...

Cya all in season II

Steuk

S

show

rommel in 2.4 is a lot lot better.
i played it with some dodgy flag spawns and the routes made it completely different and more enjoyable.
The flags have been negotitably moved around the map and i think they are now as fair as they can be.

O

old.bevy

cant wait 2 see the new rommel

any map any time who wants us??????

laters*ISS*Bevy{my lake of gin is spoilt, a fat german kid eating chocolate fell in it}:puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom