Map Rotation On Public CTF Servers

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

Don't suppose someone could post here what the current map rotation on the servers is?

I also heard a rather disturbing rumour that Face isn't in the current rotation. Not only is it used in the CTF league, it's also probably the most popular standard map out there (as the numerous face-only servers show). Please get this back in the rotation asap. :)

PS If anyone can point me in the direction of a Dreary-only server I will shoot them. :)

O

old.Kez

indeed face isn't on, and although I cannae see why anyone likes it, it is indeed favoured by most. and no, I don't care, I'm only posting because there's only a new topic in 'ere every few months :D

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

Hmm I thought you would like Face Kez, no flak cannons. :)

O

old.Mig

FACE should be there, it was played twice in this season.
"Public maps" should be consistent with the ones clans play in the leagues.
That's why that shit map of deck is there ( can't think of any other good reason).

map rotation
coret,dreary,Lava,Gaundlet,Command,Cybrosis
Deck,november

=[SK]=Mig

O

old.Kez

Nah, face is shite Ian, tis just as spammy as flak cúnt0rscoz there's only like ... 4 weapons that anyone uses (ASMD, RL, Redeemer, Rifle ... no-one bothers with the ripper)

Kez, the DM bunny :D

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

Hang on, your complaining about spam, then you are complaining that no-one uses the ripper, which is one of the most common spamming weapons out there.

Face is probably the best standard map in the game, and like Mig said was played twice in the league, so should definatly be on the public servers.

O

old.Kez

look ffs, we all know I don't like the game in any way because everone finds a way to be lame in some situation.

J

Jace

CTF-Face will be added to the UT servers next week as Mig actually bothered to mail me instaed of whinge about it :p.

BTW - Ian "I also heard a rather disturbing rumour that Face isn't in the current rotation. " - shows how much you play on the servers doesn't it? :p

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

Well now that Face is in the rotation I might be on them a bit more. :)

Besides, I was planning on moaning at you at some point. :)

O

old.The Ironfist

The fact that there are only 5 weapons makes this map special :)
Face is also a good instagib map, its always inthe rotation on skynet youshould go there once
all original maps are cycled there but you gotta love instaGib first its a whole art becoming good at it.

B

bigfoot

I like face, but then i like quake3 so what do i know =)

O

old.Kez

there's only really 3 weapons used much on face, the rl, sr & the rifle.

now pardon me if I'm wrong, buuuuuut, coret (the lamest map known the a boxed game) also has 3 primarily used weapons, the "sr", the "flakky spam cunt0r weapon with zero skill from the primary fire" and the "spinky 6 rocket spam RL" ... so why does no-one like this map? :D :D :D

K.

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

I like Coret :p

Anyway, do you even play CTF?

W

Wij

Coret is the best map by far imo :D

Also face is quite good but Im crap at it :) A totally different style of play is required. Both should be on the rotation of any server.

Command should be on no servers though. Surprised it's not mentioned here:-
http://www.somethingawful.com/cranky/maps/

Bored-Wij

O

old.Mig

Coret is a bit silly,red's only have one rocket pack and blues have two.
The rest of the map is all the same,
why????? Despite that the map is a good one.

btw: the only reason I sugested face to the public servers was because it's always played in the leagues, I don't like it very much, well I love it when compared to deck...

=[SK]=Mig

[This message has been edited by Mig (edited 01 July 2000).]

O

old.Kez

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [Ghost]Ian:
Anyway, do you even play CTF?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>pfffft, course not, don't be so silly.

O

old.[Ghost]Ian

Don't worry, I'll make it my personal mission to convert you to the dark side! :)

Since you don't like the normal maps, we will start you off on HallOfGiants. Let me know how you get on. ;)

O

old.Kez

lol, I get what you were saying on IRC now, cunt! :D

I'm still waiting for a decent DM mod for UT, bunch of llamas seem content with the limp0r Flak tho.

O

old.Kez

I'm anticipating A:UT atm, that looks sooooooooo l33t. RAUT looked damn good too, sept the bassies pulled it. not best pleased, everyone wants 12v12 ctf :D ... i want my 2v2 DM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom