Mandelson running the country now ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Now I'm not that fussed about insisting I have a right to free downloads but I am quite fussed about being PROVEN to have broken the law rather than an accumulation of allegations. And just after a pleasant dinner on David Geffen's yacht ?

UK.gov revives net cut-off threat for illegal downloaders ? The Register

Just an excuse to give more power to use against the people without the bother of courts and evidence ? Slippery-slope ? Police-state ? Greasy-unelected-morally-bankrupt-thrice-disgraced-somehow-leading-the-uk-coming-up-with-equally-vile-statutes-non-shocker ?

Obviously, teenagers downloading music that they would never dream of paying for because it's not that good should be the number one priority of a Labour government. Nothing else compares in terms of seriousness.

:eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well fuckwits will insist on voting for these ***** wont they?

rynnor

Rockhound
It will be practically un-enforceable - with so much on the net now no doubt it would be a breach of human rights but even more seriously it could prevent people actually working if their industry is internet reliant.

If it threatens employment people would automatically get legal aid so its likely to cost taxpayers thousands and end up without the bans anyway.

Edit: and seriously who actually thinks its enforceable? You might stop their hardwired landline broadband but what about wifi/mobile broadband etc. etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It will be practically un-enforceable - with so much on the net now no doubt it would be a breach of human rights but even more seriously it could prevent people actually working if their industry is internet reliant.

If it threatens employment people would automatically get legal aid so its likely to cost taxpayers thousands and end up without the bans anyway.

Edit: and seriously who actually thinks its enforceable? You might stop their hardwired landline broadband but what about wifi/mobile broadband etc. etc.

It doesn't require enforcement as they've deliberately left evidence and due process out of it. Just requires ISPs to be strong-armed into agreeing.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes indeed but the boss of Talk Talk said he doesn't want to be a policeman so they will probably go against this anyway...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Cannot wait until labour get chucked out on there arse and have to fuckoff.
That said I dont really want the conservatives, the lib dems ( would be worse than labour ), the greens ( lets all poo into tins and burn it so we dont have to have nuclear plants ).

Who do I vote for? The Monster Raving Loony party seems like the best choice atm.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All this wank comes after Mandelson had visited Rothschild and David Geffen at a Greek hideaway. Second time this year something big has happened after Mandy got his marching orders from Rothschild over there.

Conspiracy theorists must be wondering why nobody notices. I mean, it's not as if it's a secret or anything :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Cannot wait until labour get chucked out on there arse and have to fuckoff.

you really think its gonna be that different?

it wont be, i'm pretty certain of it.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I don't know how I feel about this, we are stealing after all.......erm I mean people who do it are stealing. Then again they should drop their prices........then again if they cut off my net I will go with someone else........then again I might just move to Israel or somewhere that offers more freedom than this shithole........Afghanistan anyone?

UK needs a new Thatcher tbfh :)

Tbh!

So she can sow more seeds of "economic freedom" that have resulted in the financial shitstorm we find ourselves in now?

Lol....yes all this is Thatchers fault isn't it? Nothing at all to do with Labour in the slightest, nothing at all to do with Thatcher having to sort the country out after Labour fucked it up last time. Exactly the same thing will happen again, Tories will get in and get blamed for Labours mess much like last time.

It is because of Thatcher so many people own their own homes and have at least that behind them.

Thatcher shits on this bunch from a great height in every way possible, the only ones who don't agree are the miners, Scargill and every other worker who was told to fuck off when they wanted unrealistic things.

*sigh*

Here we go.................

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually, I hate labour and what they've done more than anything the tories have done. However, thatcher sowed the seeds of this one and tony and gordo have watered the garden nicely.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Actually, I hate labour and what they've done more than anything the tories have done. However, thatcher sowed the seeds of this one and tony and gordo have watered the garden nicely.

In a totally serious tone....explain more please. Not to argue, just so I can hear your side.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually, Thatch's laissez-faire attitude towards regulation and state interference in commerce would probably mean she'd have told the media owners and ISPs to sort it out amongst themselves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
fromthatarticle said:
Though much attacked by church leaders she talked of God and morality a lot: "I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil."

Yep. Batshit crazy!

anotherone said:
Two Britains emerged in the 1980s. The rich got richer but the bottom 10% saw their incomes fall by about 17%. A lot of people fell through the cracks. Once Britain had prided itself on not seeing people sleeping on the streets or begging. Not anymore.

Fucking laissez-faire religious troll bitch-hag cnut! :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The problem is how will they ever be able to tell the difference between legitimate file sharing and non-legitimate?

Currently it seems like they're thinking of blocking all known file sharing methods. If that's the case then they can pay for our server costs every time we release a new patch and see how they like that.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gah missed grays post, we already had an update in a different thread gray :p

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Point to note, Thatcher privatised BT, the ones who used to own all the telephones, the stuff your internet runs over, do you really think left in the hands of the BT monopoly would have promoted the information revolution we have today, FFS these are the guys who tried to enforce patent on URLs ?

Obviously, only some of us are old enough to remember what the "Buzby era" was like.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just a quick question, this doesn't really concern people outside the UK, but interested;

Wouldn't enforcing this require for the enforcers to spy on what you're doing with your computer, and wouldn't that go against some privacy laws etc?

rynnor

Rockhound
Wouldn't enforcing this require for the enforcers to spy on what you're doing with your computer, and wouldn't that go against some privacy laws etc?

We dont have any privacy laws - we in the UK love to be spied on 24X7 because we are all such law abiding sheep :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom