Man Utd

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Have now become a joke imo.

Selling a top striker to Madrid, and according to reports SAF won't be replacing him, as he has the likes of Smith back.

Midfield is a joke. O'Shea/Fletcher etc aren't good enough.

Top 4 this season could even be a struggle.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not replacing him is stupid, especially considering the strikers on offer from Juve. If anyone could get Zlatan playing as well as he could it's Fergie, and Trezeguet has been bangin in 20 goals a season in Serie A for as long as I can remember - when he's been fit anyway. Not replacing your principle goal threat seems suicide imo.

A word about Fletcher - he's been pretty rubbish for Man Utd granted, but has rocked for Scotland every time I've seen him. Maybe Fergie needs to admit he's playing him in the wrong position?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Unleashed said:
Have now become a joke imo.

Selling a top striker to Madrid, and according to reports SAF won't be replacing him, as he has the likes of Smith back.

Midfield is a joke. O'Shea/Fletcher etc aren't good enough.

Top 4 this season could even be a struggle.

Every year its the same. Fergie says he's not buying and everyone thinks he's lost it. Bet he buys a midfielder and a striker once Ruud is sold. He wants Carrick but Spurs are playing hardball so Fergie plays it cool. Don't dismiss the old bugger yet :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And I still think he is eyeing up the Italian market. Gattuso still wants to move, and would be ideal in Uniteds midfield.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Ch3tan said:
And I still think he is eyeing up the Italian market. Gattuso still wants to move, and would be ideal in Uniteds midfield.

Gattuso has said he wants to stay in Milan.

Heard a rumour there is a chance you might sign Torres still.

Carrick for 15 million, 7 million too much.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
according to skynews this morning man utd have more or less signed carrik now for about 16m

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Need to go get Defoe and Hargreaves now, I will be a happy man if he gets those 2 and Carrick.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Very sad to see ruud go, especially if it is only for £10m.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Very sad to see ruud go, especially if it is only for £10m.

Its a fucking outrage.. he wasn't on form last season but was still the top scorer in the club.. 1 season on a little bad form does not warrent selling him.. if i was Ruud i'd be sticking my fingers up.

150+ goals is phenomenal in 5 seasons?

I'm a UTD fan and really shocked hes been sold Smith is not a realible goal scorer he would be better off selling him and keep Saha.

On the bright side Ronaldo was on fine form last season and i hope he improves this season.

I hope Ruud has a great season at Madrid and sticks his fingers up to Fergie.

Hes back with Beckham now and he was incredible back when Beckham was at united.. nothing a striker likes more then a midfielder with pinpoint accuracy. Can't wait to see them both in form.

Anyone heard the rumors of Ronaldo coming to utd from Madrid?

mank!

Part of the furniture
cannavaro, emerson and van nistelrooy. all real madrid need now is a left-winger and they'll be back to their rightful positions as the biggest and greatest team in europe.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Aada said:
Its a fucking outrage.. he wasn't on form last season but was still the top scorer in the club.. 1 season on a little bad form does not warrent selling him.. if i was Ruud i'd be sticking my fingers up.

150+ goals is phenomenal in 5 seasons?

I'm a UTD fan and really shocked hes been sold Smith is not a realible goal scorer he would be better off selling him and keep Saha.

On the bright side Ronaldo was on fine form last season and i hope he improves this season.

I hope Ruud has a great season at Madrid and sticks his fingers up to Fergie.

Hes back with Beckham now and he was incredible back when Beckham was at united.. nothing a striker likes more then a midfielder with pinpoint accuracy. Can't wait to see them both in form.

Anyone heard the rumors of Ronaldo coming to utd from Madrid?

I'm afraid it's all downhill for Utd.
SAF should have gone years ago.
This season you have the problem with Ronaldo, he's such a fairy that i can't really see him taking the shit he will have coming his way at every away ground this year.
Rvn sold. Strikers left not one of them is capable of scoring 20 goals this season, apart from maybe Rooney.
Midfield. As of yet you still haven't replaced Keane, Carrick and Scholes in midfield? neither can tackle!

I think Man U will struggle to even finish 4th year imo.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aada: The problem Fergie had was that Ruud wanted to go anyway, knowing he probably would be sold, it would be wrong of him to not play the other strikers and let them show there worth. Saha was in fine form, and if he stays fit and Solskear has one more season then all he needs is a makeweight striker for this season.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Aada: The problem Fergie had was that Ruud wanted to go anyway, knowing he probably would be sold, it would be wrong of him to not play the other strikers and let them show there worth. Saha was in fine form, and if he stays fit and Solskear has one more season then all he needs is a makeweight striker for this season.

Its not suprising he wanted to go when he was treated like pure shit all season.. couple of games off form and he was relegated to the subs bench.

Its going to be really funny this season when Ruud is banging in goals left right and centre and fergie sold what was probably one of the best strikers in the world.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Man Utd have been a top 5 team for the last 3 years and Fergie is losing his marbles.

Carrick is worth 5 million tops and when he gets to Man Utd he will become an even worse player(like they all do), Saha was amazing when he was at Fulham, I know hes had injuries but he doesn't look the same player since being at Man Utd.

But then again, who cares what happens to the arrogant bunch of wanks.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Man Utd have been a top 5 team for the last 3 years and Fergie is losing his marbles.

Carrick is worth 5 million tops and when he gets to Man Utd he will become an even worse player(like they all do), Saha was amazing when he was at Fulham, I know hes had injuries but he doesn't look the same player since being at Man Utd.

But then again, who cares what happens to the arrogant bunch of wanks.

I guess some 10 million+ supporters world wide might.

Trem

Lol says it all really.

How many of them are in Manchester, about 3?

Fair weather supporters, lets see how many Man Utd have left when they aren't(by a long shot) the best team anymore.

Isn't lots of the fan base grown out of the air disaster and people feeling sorry for them?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Trem said:
Lol says it all really.

How many of them are in Manchester, about 3?

Fair weather supporters, lets see how many Man Utd have left when they aren't(by a long shot) the best team anymore.

Isn't lots of the fan base grown out of the air disaster and people feeling sorry for them?

You don't half talk some bollocks to be honest. I am Manchester born and bred, in the area where I live United fans outnumber City fans 10 to 1. Long before we got all the glory hunters jumping on the united bandwagon we were filling Old Trafford with 58,000 United fans, in the early 80's when were barely a top 5 side we still filled our ground EVERY week and it wasn't full of middle class tossers from Cheshire either, 90% of those fans were Mancs or from Salford.

When we were relegated in the 1970's we still had capacity crowds for ever home game, we set attendence records for the old second divsion that will never be broken. United fans stayed loyal even in the clubs darkest hours. How many Chelsea fans used to attend games when Chelsea weren't a top flight club in the 80's and 90's, 10,000-15,000 maybe? Now there is a club with a huge following of glory hunters all because the Russian started splashing the cash.

As for your Munich comment, it really does show you are a kid and know fuck all about football history. United were filling Old Trafford with 70,000+ long long before Munich ever happened. All Munich did was wipe out one of the best ever British sides and set United back 10 years, yes it gained us alot of goodwill but goodwill doesn't sell season tickets, devotion to your club does. The fact is that Manchester is a football mad city, infact the North West is as well. We have loads of good clubs up here and even with a much smaller population than the south east we can FILL our grounds unlike most of the Greater London clubs.

Lastly, your comment about fair weather supporters. We haven't won the league for 3 years, yet we have sold an extra 11,000 season tickets for this coming season and Old Trafford will be full every game even with an increased capcity of 76,000. You may not like it but you are going to have to live with it because it is the truth. United fans are there for the lows as well as the highs. Yes the glory hunter United fans from other parts of the country might switch sides but that was always going to happen anyway, they are the same people who supported Liverpool during the glory years and pretended they were scousers. Good fucking riddance to them, Old Trafford will still be full without them, history shows that as a fact!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
Its not suprising he wanted to go when he was treated like pure shit all season.. couple of games off form and he was relegated to the subs bench.

Its going to be really funny this season when Ruud is banging in goals left right and centre and fergie sold what was probably one of the best strikers in the world.

Agreed, Fergie has yet again damaged to club because of his mood swings, Rudd wasn't the first and won't be the last that Fergie turns on when the going gets rough.

Rudd is a legend up here and always will be, you won't find many United fans who aren't gutted to see him go. I hope he goes nuts in Spain and scores 50 goals, the fella is top class and deserves every success.

Trem

Lol.

Touched a nerve?

Preston got that many bloody supporters in the days when the air crash was, Blackpool did as well, it means nothing.

All the sympathy of the nation went to Man Utd after the air crash.

Nice to be called a kid, really made me laugh that. If you can't read what people say about your footy team without calling them a kid then its time to give up.

Cheers.

Edit - Fair play to you if you support your local team but why not Man City? Why if you are from Manchester do people choose United, what triggered that choice?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Trem said:
Lol.

Touched a nerve?

Preston got that many bloody supporters in the days when the air crash was, Blackpool did as well, it means nothing.

Nice to be called a kid, really made me laugh that. If you can't read what people say about your footy team without calling them a kid then its time to give up.

Cheers.

Edit - Fair play to you if you support your local team but why not Man City? Why if you are from Manchester do people choose United, what triggered that choice?

Alot of people in Manchester choose teams usually for one of two reasons, either because the family supports a team or because they come from an area that is dominated by one club. For example large parts of south Manchester are hotbeds for City and alot of east Manchester and Tameside have always been United because the clubs origins are in that part of the city. Of course United are huge in Salford as well because of the proximity to Old Trafford. If I had to answer honestly I would say there was a 60:40 spilt in United's favour across the whole city and the attendances would probably bear that out as well. I suppose alot of kids now pick United over City because of the glory but most dads beat that mentality out of the kids real quick, one thing you don't find much of in Manchester is split familes supporting bloth clubs, it just isn't the done thing ;)

As for the rest of what you said well I will have to put my Stato hat on :p

Preston's highest ever attendance is 42,684 in April 1938

Blackpool's record attendance is 38,098 in Sept 1955

I might be an old git but I wasn't around for those games :p Yes you hit a nerve and I apologise for snapping but you have to understand, all United fans are not like the loudmouths you see around the country who claim to be United supporters but have never been to a home game. Alot of us are genuine, we don't gob off to other fans about our success and make them feel uncomfortable, we love our club and the game that is all.

If you ever went into a United pub in east Manchester with the shirt of another team on you would see what I mean, people would give you a gentle ribbing and leave you alone. The same can't be said if you went into a United pub in Salford but then 95% of the population of Salford are mutants with an IQ under 20! :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
Lol.

Touched a nerve?

Cheers.

But what you said was a load of trash.. i support utd have done since i was 8 but we still go to see Man City games when we can i love both clubs.. City is awsome when the crowd get going (some of footballs most loyal fans tbh).

Trem can you tell me where this hate for UTD stems from with you people? is it the fact they are a successful club? thats pretty much the only reason i think of.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aada said:
Trem can you tell me where this hate for UTD stems from with you people? is it the fact they are a successful club? thats pretty much the only reason i think of.

The hatred comes from all these 'plastic' United fans around the country who suddenly showed up in the 1990's and did everyones head in claiming they were lifelong United fans or the old 'my dad was a United fan since the plane crash' line. I have alot of respect for the old timers who were actually around when the plane crash happened and who gave United thier support and encouragement through the dark years. What I can't stand is these blokes in thier 30's from the south east who claim that they were raised as United fans, yet they never attend the games and base thier whole support on watching the occasional game on Sky.

They are the same fuckers who do everyones head in down the pub by never shutting up about how great United are and how shit every other team is, they raise thier kids as supposed United fans and then after 5 years of another club dominating they will swtich thier alliengance and claim that they were always 'Chelsea fans'. It happened in the 80's with Liverpool, 90's with United and already it is happening with Chelsea. The plastic army marches on! :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The 'Cockney Reds' accusation always makes me laugh. Just bitterness because United encourages loyalty if you ask me (NB. My Dad's from Manchester and I used to live in Old Trafford, so are my fan credentials acceptable?)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
DaGaffer said:
The 'Cockney Reds' accusation always makes me laugh. Just bitterness because United encourages loyalty if you ask me (NB. My Dad's from Manchester and I used to live in Old Trafford, so are my fan credentials acceptable?)

The problem with the whole 'cockney reds' thing is that there are alot of supposed 'cockney reds' who are just transiants on the glory trail to where ever it leads, yes there have been United fans in London since 1958 as there have been around the country but alot of these guys only jumped on the bandwagon in 1993 when they saw the tide was changing from Liverpool to United. I have spent enough time in the south east to tell the real ones apart from the glory hunters, you get the loud ones who attend 2 away games a year and call themselves die hard fans and then you get the guys who attend all the south east games and half a dozen home games, they are the ones I classify as real 'cockney reds'. If they were truely raised as United fans I have no problem with them, the problem is that lots of others make the same claim and so they all get tarred with the same brush. It is unfair but I can also understand why alot of other London fans resent them.

Trem

cHodAX said:
I might be an old git but I wasn't around for those games :p Yes you hit a nerve and I apologise for snapping but you have to understand, all United fans are not like the loudmouths you see around the country who claim to be United supporters but have never been to a home game. Alot of us are genuine, we don't gob off to other fans about our success and make them feel uncomfortable, we love our club and the game that is all.

Hey no thats fair enough, you are from Manchester and you support your team I have no problem with that and yes the Manc fans do come across as idiots sometimes but I wasn't tarring everyone with the same brush.

My Preston and Blackpool thing was a generalisation but you knew what I meant, I must find my great uncles almanac(sp) for some attendances from back then, used to love reading that.

Aada -

Who said I hate Man Utd, who says what I said is a load of trash and for the record where do you live? I wonder what made you choose Utd when you were 8...hmmmmmmm.

I would rather Utd win the league than a team built on money and nothing else, at least Utd strive to bring up young, English talent.

Carrick is a massive mistake though imo.

If I were to give a reason why I disliked Utd then it would be Mark Hughes and Cantona, now I didn't like them :eek:

I do like Scholes though and I hope he makes an England comeback.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Trem said:
Carrick is a massive mistake though imo.

I dunno, the guy is no Roy Keane I admit but his postitional play and passing are second to none. There are alot of aspects to his game he will have to improve to be a sucess for us though, he isn't a commited enough tackler for my liking and he is a little lacking in pace. That said though he has time on his side and he does have the ability to hang onto the ball in tight spaces then distribute it properly which is something United have been badly short of since Keane was at his peak.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Trem said:
If I were to give a reason why I disliked Utd then it would be Mark Hughes and Cantona, now I didn't like them :eek:

Aww, how can you not like Sparky and God, they are both such friendly cuddly guys :p ;) :D

Trem

Hughes was amazing and so was Cantona, awesome players but they just had a bad attitude, maybe just maybe I dislike Cantona because of who I support*, and I won't say because all you Man Utd guys will say its why I slag them off.

Hughes was and still is the best vollyer(sp) of a ball I have ever seen just couldn't stand the bloke :D

*(Leeds)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I guessed it already ;)

Nevermind, least you have won a league title in the last 17 years unlike Liverpool. :D

/ducks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom