Man Utd Fans..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i hate man utd but i do hope they win the prem this season just to show people that it isnt just down to who has spent the most money.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Although not as bad as Chelsea, they've still spent excessive amounts on certain players (almost £50m between Rooney and Carrick).

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Vladamir said:
Although not as bad as Chelsea, they've still spent excessive amounts on certain players (almost £50m between Rooney and Carrick).

And where did you get this £50m figure from?

So far Everton have recieved £21,750,000.

If Man United win the Champions League, Everton will receive £1,000,0000. (Runners-up £500,000)

If they win the Premiership, Everton will receive £500,000

If winners of the FA Cup, then £150,000

500,000 if Rooney makes 20 more appearances for the national team (as a United player)

£3,000,000 if Rooney is still a United player come 30 June 2007.

What Everton Will Definitely be paid.
£1 million will be paid to Everton August 2007
£1 million will be paid to Everton in August 2008

What Everton have received so far from Manchester United
£20 million has already been paid.
£1 million was paid to Everton last month.
£250,000 was paid because United finished second in the Premiership Last season.
£500,000 was paid due to Rooney’s appearances for the national team.

So, to put it into perspective, come June 30th 2007 (unless something dramatic happens at Old Trafford which results in Wayne Rooney's departure). , Everton will have recieved £24,750,000. The following month, it would rise to £25,750,000, and finally in August 2008 Everton would have recieved a total of £26,750,000

So the money is adding up, regardless of Man United's success, the deal was worth close to £27 million. And United could well and truly win the Premiership this year or next, or the champions league.

The other bonus, is that Everton will recieve 25% of the sale, if United decided to sell Rooney. So here's hoping that in two years time, Rooney decides to quit Old Trafford and be sold to Real Madrid for £30 million, in which we'd get an extra £7.5 million.

As for Carrick Utd paid £14m and £4m will be paid if they win the EPL/CL.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Nothin winds me up more than Gobby chelsea fans who have suddenly come out of the woodwork since they got a sugar daddy. Fucks sake, I could win the premiership with chelsea if I had 10 trillion pounds to spend an all. I find it funny that 10, hell even 5 years ago, wherever I went I used to see the odd chelsea shirt. Now, you cant walk down a street without seeing one.

5 Years ago all the kiddies were wearing Man Utd shirts, the rubbish tips must be full of em now.

Me, rugger fan tbh although as far as girls game goes my team is Arsenal. Was born at Barnet Hospital a stones throw from Highbury. Around that area you only support two teams Arsenal or Tottenham. I wouldn't pass the knob inspection at Tottenham.

Ofc now I live in Dubai I am far enough away to qualify for a Man Utd supporters card :) They even have a kids football academy here.

Himse

FH is my second home
Who do you like more?

Himse
Gesh =[

vote =D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Unleashed said:
Long post

Oh right, i wasn't aware about all the details of it like that. From what i read, the Rooney deal was closer to £31m, and Carrick was at £18m = £49m total, obviously dependant on the factors you mentioned :)

Even as a Chelsea supporter i think the money spent is ridicolous. The biggest loss (imo) was signing Wright-Phillips. While he's a quality player, he's not worth £21m, no way. Now he's wasting away on the bench and getting no games, and so England are missing out too. Imo he should take a pay cut and go out on loan somewhere from January to another club (Newcastle perhaps, somewhere like that) to get some game time. Now that Joe Cole is almost at match fitness, i can see there being a lot more rotation from the main 4 (Ballack, Makalele, Essien, Lampard).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Thing is Vlad Man Utd have spent the cash where they thought the investment was worth it. Ferdinand, Staam, Ruud, Rooney, Carrick. Yes there have been a couple of bloopers, Blomqvist, Veron but on a whole they have bought players that will improve the first Team. Chelsea have spent millions on people that are not even tested in the league and they dont care if they fail because money does not matter and they can just buy someone new :) While doing this they are holding up some good players Cole, Swp from moving forward in their careers. (just read you new post :p)

I respect that Mourinho has moulded a fantastic team spirit within the club which is good to see, I just hate seeing all the crap like the barca match last week.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Vladamir said:
Oh right, i wasn't aware about all the details of it like that. From what i read, the Rooney deal was closer to £31m, and Carrick was at £18m = £49m total, obviously dependant on the factors you mentioned :)

Even as a Chelsea supporter i think the money spent is ridicolous. The biggest loss (imo) was signing Wright-Phillips. While he's a quality player, he's not worth £21m, no way. Now he's wasting away on the bench and getting no games, and so England are missing out too. Imo he should take a pay cut and go out on loan somewhere from January to another club (Newcastle perhaps, somewhere like that) to get some game time. Now that Joe Cole is almost at match fitness, i can see there being a lot more rotation from the main 4 (Ballack, Makalele, Essien, Lampard).

Aye, the money in football is stupid. Carrick, although not a bad player is not worth half of what we paid for him. He hasn't really settled so wont make a judgement yet (although he isn't much better than Fletcher).

Rooney is quality, the money we laid out and will continue to lay out if were successful should be overshadowed by the revenue we should receive through shirt/merchandise sales as well as his contribution to winning trophies.

Chelsea can and often do just throw money at clubs to land a player.
There's a bit of a sore point with Chelsea as far as I'm concerned, a lot of their signing have all been at some point been high on United's target list.

Robben, Essien, Ballack and Obi Mikel were all united targets but ended up at Chelsea. I could be cynical and say that Chelsea sign our targets, but I'll just say I'm highly jealous of your funds :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Well looks like Freddy Adu is on his way to Man Utd. This kid is the dogs bollox. I havent seen footwork and technique for someone so young since Ronaldinho was a young whippersnapper at PSG. Only concern is his size. He needs to put some weight on

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Oh contraire Marc;

BBC Website said:
Adu has also been linked with Chelsea and could be available for transfer in January, providing a fee can be agreed with MLS, who own his registration.

How ironic :p

I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea obviously, and doubt he will. The Drogba/Sheva partnership will have a good 3-4 seasons left hopefully before either of them move on or retire or whatever, by which time Kalou should be much more competant as a striker.

Also Calaen, i wouldn't really say J.Cole is being held back in his career at Chelsea. He played the majority of games last year and he's had a rough start to the season because of the knee injury he picked up on their American tour.

Yeah the diamond four will probably play the prominent amount of games, but when it comes to the fixture heavy weeks (FA Cup Midweek > League Weekend > Champs League knockouts midweek) i can imagine there'll be a lot more rotation, switching from the preference to go down the middle with Essien/Lamps/Ballack to going down the flanks with Robben/Swp/Kalou/Cole.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I find the wing-play by Chelsea much better than the diamond-thingy with 4 midfielders.
It's simply too easy to go down the flanks on those 4 fellas (Make, Lamps, Essien, Ballack.) It's a half-way solution in my eyes, having lamps and Essien on the wings (or left/right midfield.)
With a Cole/SWP/Robben or even Kalou on the wings it's much easier to break through in my opinion. You need creativity and width on a team, and even though Ballack/Make/Lamps are all great players, they lack creativity in my eyes, Essien might have a bit, but not enough to be the sole creator on the midfield :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing Mourinho can't buy.... Class.

Marc

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Oh contraire Marc;

How ironic :p

I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea obviously, and doubt he will. The Drogba/Sheva partnership will have a good 3-4 seasons left hopefully before either of them move on or retire or whatever, by which time Kalou should be much more competant as a striker.

Also Calaen, i wouldn't really say J.Cole is being held back in his career at Chelsea. He played the majority of games last year and he's had a rough start to the season because of the knee injury he picked up on their American tour.

Yeah the diamond four will probably play the prominent amount of games, but when it comes to the fixture heavy weeks (FA Cup Midweek > League Weekend > Champs League knockouts midweek) i can imagine there'll be a lot more rotation, switching from the preference to go down the middle with Essien/Lamps/Ballack to going down the flanks with Robben/Swp/Kalou/Cole.

Adu is due for a trial at Manchester United in the next few weeks. If Utd get Adu I doubt they will be bothered about losing Mikel to Chelsea, as Adu has much more potential than Mikel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom