Man dies after playing Starcraft 48 hours straight

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Another death in south korea to computer games this time not due to a MMORPG

Ban Starcraft NOW! ;)

Love how it says reports of gamers spending 10 to 15 hours a day in front of video games, such as the highly popular World of Warcraft and EverQuest are increasing - lol when I used to play EQ years and years ago some of my guild mates played for 48+ hours in a go so its hardly a new phenomena.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Well, at least addictive genes are weeding themselves out of the gene pool. Evolution at its best.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't beat the record of some korean guy playing Lineage II (Think thats the one for) for a week straight I think it was.

Was an insane amount of time tbh. :touch:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
some days when ive been off in the past, ive layed bf2 non stop for like 14 hours.

thats why i gots mental health issues.

and really, when will they stop blaming binary code for peoples issues?! i play games for ages cos i like it, not because the binary code is forcing me too.

Chilly

Balls of steel
massively multiplayer online role playing hospital simulators?

rynnor

Rockhound
tris- said:
some days when ive been off in the past, ive layed bf2 non stop for like 14 hours.

thats why i gots mental health issues.

and really, when will they stop blaming binary code for peoples issues?! i play games for ages cos i like it, not because the binary code is forcing me too.

Tis evil that binary code - thats why I became an Assembler programmer to fight back!

I remember as a student playing Xcom:Ufo defense for 36 hours straight without anything to drink and seeing that world screen whenever I closed my eyes for the next day or so but it was still better than actually attending lectures...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
"hello which service do you require"
" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE, OH MY GOD THE BINARY CODE HAS IMPRISSONED MY FRIEND, PLEASE SEND THE POLICE OR SOMETHING"
" the binary code has imprissoned your friend? you sound like another one of those people who blame games on everything"
"PLEASE THE BINARY CODE HAS HIM, OH GOD, NO WHAT THE"
"please do not abuse 999 again"
click.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's reported so badly. Just staying up with little food or rest for 48 hours isnt going to kill you. This guy must have had some serious underlying health problems.

dave

Fledgling Freddie
At the first ever insomnia lan I played quake and quake2 non stop from the moment my mum dropped me off on the friday til she picked me up on the sunday. That guy obviously isn't/wasn't hardcore enough.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
He only paused playing to go to the toilet and for short periods of sleep

what a wuss. tbh imo he must have had, as said above, some underlying health issue. I've been up 40~50 hours working and I didn't die! though I may have wished that I had at the time :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've not played games for that long....no wait...does four days "straight"(bathroom, cig and shop break) of playing count?

Not to mention my insane amounts of Free form roleplay.... *shivers*(look it up, don't assumeit's larp :p )

I bet there's more then just "playing" to this. People can survive longer without food/sleep/drinks. And i bet the guy had coke/brownies/whatnot with him on the comtable.

Though i understand that it was Starcraft, as it IS the national game of korea.

Wasn't it korea that makes it illegal to NOT own a net, or give it free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom