Dismiss Notice
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man dies after playing Starcraft 48 hours straight

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Ukle, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Ukle

Ukle One of Freddy's beloved

Another death in south korea to computer games this time not due to a MMORPG

Ban Starcraft NOW! ;)

Love how it says reports of gamers spending 10 to 15 hours a day in front of video games, such as the highly popular World of Warcraft and EverQuest are increasing - lol when I used to play EQ years and years ago some of my guild mates played for 48+ hours in a go so its hardly a new phenomena.

2. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

Well, at least addictive genes are weeding themselves out of the gene pool. Evolution at its best.

3. PLightstar

PLightstar Part of the furniture

4. Sharma

Sharma Can't get enough of FH

Doesn't beat the record of some korean guy playing Lineage II (Think thats the one for) for a week straight I think it was.

Was an insane amount of time tbh. :touch:

5. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

some days when ive been off in the past, ive layed bf2 non stop for like 14 hours.

thats why i gots mental health issues.

and really, when will they stop blaming binary code for peoples issues?! i play games for ages cos i like it, not because the binary code is forcing me too.

6. GDW

GDW Fledgling Freddie

Real men dont play MMORPHS

7. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

massively multiplayer online role playing hospital simulators?

8. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

One less retard in the world: result!

9. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Tis evil that binary code - thats why I became an Assembler programmer to fight back!

I remember as a student playing Xcom:Ufo defense for 36 hours straight without anything to drink and seeing that world screen whenever I closed my eyes for the next day or so but it was still better than actually attending lectures...

10. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

"hello which service do you require"
    " FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE, OH MY GOD THE BINARY CODE HAS IMPRISSONED MY FRIEND, PLEASE SEND THE POLICE OR SOMETHING"
    " the binary code has imprissoned your friend? you sound like another one of those people who blame games on everything"
    "PLEASE THE BINARY CODE HAS HIM, OH GOD, NO WHAT THE"
    "please do not abuse 999 again"
    click.

11. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!! FH Subscriber

It's reported so badly. Just staying up with little food or rest for 48 hours isnt going to kill you. This guy must have had some serious underlying health problems.

12. dave

dave Fledgling Freddie

At the first ever insomnia lan I played quake and quake2 non stop from the moment my mum dropped me off on the friday til she picked me up on the sunday. That guy obviously isn't/wasn't hardcore enough.

13. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

what a wuss. tbh imo he must have had, as said above, some underlying health issue. I've been up 40~50 hours working and I didn't die! though I may have wished that I had at the time :/

14. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

I've not played games for that long....no wait...does four days "straight"(bathroom, cig and shop break) of playing count?

Not to mention my insane amounts of Free form roleplay.... *shivers*(look it up, don't assumeit's larp :p )

I bet there's more then just "playing" to this. People can survive longer without food/sleep/drinks. And i bet the guy had coke/brownies/whatnot with him on the comtable.

Though i understand that it was Starcraft, as it IS the national game of korea.

Wasn't it korea that makes it illegal to NOT own a net, or give it free?