MAME Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKTwister

Fledgling Freddie
Well I formatted my pc and lost all my roms and stuff, can't seem to find where to get them from now.

Anybody got any sites?

Will

/bin/su
Hmnn, I feel some dubious legality happening here.

Careful what you post.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You should still have the originals that you, y'know, made legal backups of...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Newsgroups? Alt.binaries mame, maybe?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Considering how many companies are currently taking legal action over Mame rips, roms and emulation code this definately isn't suitable discussion.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
You can legally buy (mainly atari) roms from starroms.com

UKTwister

Fledgling Freddie
who said i dont actually own some of the games. The main reason i want it back is my SNES power adapter and my controllers are broke, and i cant get hold of them locally anytime soon... And i really want to play SF2 and UN squadron :(

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Munkey said:
Doom is obsessed with MAME, ask him

Me? :p

Seriously tho, newsgroups are your best bet as mame.dk closed down with spiralling bandwidth costs or something.

alt.binaries.emulators.mame
alt.binaries.emulators.misc

Those are the most popular ones. ROM sets when new updates for mame (every month at least Grrr) are regurlarly posted and if you ask nicely too.

There are also a few rom depisitory sites that a quick google will find, most of them require registration but are generally free. Also google tombstones + Lazarus + mame (the service has changed name) but that will point you in the direction of people who will actually burn you complete romsets free of charge if you send discs. Reliable source and complete :)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
UKTwister said:
who said i dont actually own some of the games. The main reason i want it back is my SNES power adapter and my controllers are broke, and i cant get hold of them locally anytime soon... And i really want to play SF2 and UN squadron :(

Mame doesn't emulate Snes games....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I used to have MAME things, since been lost. What do you play MAME roms with?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
Mame doesn't emulate Snes games....
I was going to say that, heh, MAME by name emulates Arcade machines, so unless he's got a garage full of the things then he's no right whatsoever to own the roms, and this discussion is a breach of the CoC.

Lockage, perchance?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
There are tonnes of different MAME versions that play more than just MAME roms. Many have a decent GUI that will allow the play of other romsets. And FYI UN squadron (Area 88 in Jap) started out as an arcade game.

As was SF2. Duh.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Whilst its theoretically possible to have legal ROM's, the corporates know that 99.99% of them are warez and I think its wise if we stear clear of these debates.
Thread closed, fear teh CoC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom