Malmohus Dieing!

O

old.Glabbin

Ok, Im currently exping my Skald Grinach in Malmohus, But the last days after patch has been hell!
List is almost empty all the time, Group lacks people and splits up very early... Today group split up at 6pm cet, yesterday it splitted around 10pm,
Where did everyone go? doing a /who 20 24 ingame i get like 140 hits, the /level command ruined the game in a way!
I remember the old days when malmo was running to 3-4am!
I tried to get togheter a grp for hagbuis today, but no succes really, seems like people cant be arsed to organize something else when Malmo group dies!

Thats just my 2cents, just had to get it out of my system!

Cheers.

K

klavrynd

Malmo gets worse and worse every day, and has changed alot since "in the old days"

People start exping at 6:30 if not earlier and the groups die approx at 1am at night. The zone i allways labelled as "fun" and smashing exp when other people said it was the closest thing to hell has turned into a living nightmare for me. Is it the people that are there? Is it the patch totally fucking over the pbae exp (we did some normal mezz'n'bash this morning since there were no casters and it worked out alot better then casual pbae) ? Is it me? Is it a mix of all ?

This morning was the drop , which made me swear never ever to go to malmo again to level with random people. We had a g1 of 7 people with 6 tanks, a rm and a healer. G2 had all tanks , a healer and a sham iirc.
During the exping Svanmark doesnt seem to read any communication channel and keeps pulling even when people say they're lop or when i or other people asked to hold pulls.

Offcourse people start logging in and pudz asked for a spot as the first caster. Time passes and one of our tanks leaves. I propose to take pudz in, as he was about first on the list, and we didnt need another tank. It seems like people agree but svanmark asks for another tank and invites her. So he's effectively jumping the list and from maybe a more egoistic point of view was going to cost us some exp as a darkcarver's damage outpur is far above a melee class.

Then it only started
Hell unleashed when sm's asked for a spot and without one second of thought they switched to pbae exp with one sm. Another sm logs in and the list gets jumped at all sides so they could pbae. 2 pulls later mister ignorant (svanmark) succeeds in pulling the forst for a total wipeout

A

_anarky_

bleh, don't worry be happy, finally lvl 40+ ppl who spread out and go xp in diffrent places

/me thanks mythic for freeing midgard of the hel called malmo :)

A

_anarky_

bleh, don't worry be happy, finally lvl 40+ ppl who spread out and go xp in diffrent places

/me thanks mythic for freeing midgard of the hel called malmo :)

H

Hargh

Send a PM to Svanmark's GL and make sure everyone knows he's not to played with in Malmo.

O

Ogrelin

It may be that loads of ppl started new lvl 20 chars and are lvling them up, last night i checked a /who 20-8 and found over 60 ppl.

M

midmaster

Players seeking xp > Sucky Malmo

Life always finds a way. Meaning that people will find other places, other forms to gain fast xp. Got no clue how, nor do i care since i xp'ed enough.

S

shillina

Hi Grinach,

I agree malmo has died on it's ass. I wont be going back there it's just too much hassle and i would rather enjoy the game.
The night you are talking about I left about 9pm and went on a keep retake which was succesful. That was the most fun I have had in ages. I will xp when I can but from now on i'm gonna do some RvR.

C

Cap

Can't say I will miss the sometimes long lair que, now people 40+ might start talking to eachother in the groups exping again not all going for the 10h+ zombiemode w/o saying anything =)

I kindow liked it in the old days before pure pbaoegroups (played in hib back then...but before fins started going) when people who usually started groups became local heros and got swarmed with pms from exphungry ppl. =)

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Cap
[Bnot all going for the 10h+ zombiemode w/o saying anything =)
[/B]

Gah I hate when that happens but luckily enough it didn't happen too often. I actually quite enjoyed Malmo as my healer - being puller, primary aoe stunner, G1's only healer and list holder at the same time certainly kept me busy a couple of nights (although a bit stressful)

But when I was my runie it was a bit more boring - just nuke, nuke, nuke, sit, nuke, nuke, nuke ,sit.

It's a shame that pbaoe groups don't work so well now - that was certainly a lot faster than mezz pulls :-( I really dunno if I could bare to go through Malmo a third time - especially without pbaoe.

V

Venemous

I had 2 Spirit masters on the list on sunday.. one lvl 50 pbaoe and one lvl 46 summ.. didnt get a group because there were so many SM's on the list already...

P

parisienscot

Re: ..

Originally posted by Venemous
I had 2 Spirit masters on the list on sunday.. one lvl 50 pbaoe and one lvl 46 summ.. didnt get a group because there were so many SM's on the list already...

Why would you want to join lair group with a level 50, sounds a bit masochistic to me ;)

S

scarffs

a lvl 50 in malmo on the list ?
Must be Pudz who has no slots left on his account :)

C

Cyradix

I leveled my thane to 50 and shammy to 48 without ever been to malmo.

Believe me people, it can be done ;)

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by Cyradix
I leveled my thane to 50 and shammy to 48 without ever been to malmo.

Believe me people, it can be done ;)

Of course it can be done no doubt about that. But where else can you play for 20 hours in a row on the same spot with full group if you wanna go fast from 40 to 50?

I dont' think Malmo is fun, but it serve it's purpose. Until now anyway.

C

Cyradix

Originally posted by Bagloor
Of course it can be done no doubt about that. But where else can you play for 20 hours in a row on the same spot with full group if you wanna go fast from 40 to 50?

I dont' think Malmo is fun, but it serve it's purpose. Until now anyway.

Malmo isn't fun you say? Why do you play this game? I play it for fun. I really don't care if my playtime is 20+ days before I got the 50.

B

Bagloor

Originally posted by Cyradix
Malmo isn't fun you say? Why do you play this game? I play it for fun. I really don't care if my playtime is 20+ days before I got the 50.

For the RvR part, for me leveling is just like a long endless highway (but thats my opinion and I don't force it on someone else)

Users who are viewing this thread