Malmohus BUGGED?

Herjulf

Banned
I went with some friends on a NAMED svartalf and Drakulv hunt, to try to snag some salvage loot.

Not ONE named dropped ANYTHING at all.

So we figured we would camp some medium mobnr camp spot, at the drakulv camp just east of DT hill at lair.

We Stayed there for 2-3 hours and got 2 drops.

What is up?

Lair used to be a pretty nice spot to get salvage loot.

Herjulf

Banned
Have u killed NAMED and gotten drops every time?

We killed 15 or so named in total NOT ONE dropped anything, not bad luck we should have gotten 15drops.
not 0.

Mobs in general still drops yes, but i feel the droprate has been lowered significantly. 2-3 hours usually ended up with about 10 items or more in total.

Since launch named mobs have been 100% droprate in malmohus.

xrn

Fledgling Freddie
While we were waiting for the dragon to pop on patch-day, we went to kill some named drakulvs... We didn't get any drop from the named's either, only BoC or smth...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I killed 4 or 5 named svartalfs yesterday and got 2 drops, 1 from Alfriid and 1 from Rana and very damn nice they are too :)

so yus, stuff still drops, just not everytime you kill em

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Mythics grab bag said:
Q: I just got done exploring Dartmoor on Pendragon, looking for named giants to kill to check out the new drops. I noticed that the named giants do not always drop items now. Is this intended? Or, put another way, are the named giants in Dartmoor supposed to drop items all the time as they used to, or has this changed with the new item drop list that they now utilize?

A: Well, this one engendered a two-part response from our friends on the world team. First, an excellent explanation of how we set drop rates for named mobs in Dark Age of Camelot emerged from the keyboard of the item princess. Read on:

"Drop rates for named mobs are determined by how often the mob can spawn, and to a lesser degree what level the mob is. A longer spawn rate means a higher chance at magic drops, while a shorter spawn rate means a lower chance at magic drops. Named mobs above level 50 will tend to have slightly higher drop rates than named mobs below level 50.

"The named mobs in Dartmoor, Sheeroe Hills, and Malmohus that received new items during 1.64 spawn frequently enough that they do not have a guaranteed 100% drop rate."

Great explanation – but does that mean the drop rates have been changed in 1.64 for these creatures? Short version – yes. The drop rates for the named mob encounters in the three zones listed above are incorrectly set on the live servers, and will change in 1.64.

Still 0 for 15 sounds harsh :-\

Herjulf

Banned
Indeed and those mobs vary orange-red some rare purp.

We were 3 SM´s and 1 healer and one shaman.

Pulled our way through the entire malmohus zone. killed every named we could find, Ulf, Bjornvarg etc etc.

Not a single drop, i notice as the poster above said, that they have changed droprates and it isnt a 100% droprate anymore.
But 0 in 15 kills !!!

Come on, we fought our way through all those named and it takes ages for em to respawn.
And they ususally are quite evil.

That is a very sucky change imo, the drops arent that great. Only one of em drops anything good really and that is YAR.

The rest is salvage loot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom