Making Small UIs

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
(All image editing is done in latest photoshop)
Last update to my UI i made alot of changes to make the ui smaller.

The XML cant be changed in anyway to make it smaller other than deleteting the extra windows :(

Spell/style.. Icons can be shrunk to 1/3 of size. Open them up and change the colors to Indexed instead of RGB.

the standard TGA files can either be converted to DDS files (need a update to PS) as Daoc now supports that file type and its generaly smaller.
Some of my TGA files didnt get that much smaller as DDS becouse i saved them with Indexed colors AND used the compress funktion in PS (dont compress bmps)

Other way to change size is to merge the tga/dds. warmaps can be merged to 1 instead of 3.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Aloca said:
(All image editing is done in latest photoshop)
Last update to my UI i made alot of changes to make the ui smaller.

The XML cant be changed in anyway to make it smaller other than deleteting the extra windows :(

Spell/style.. Icons can be shrunk to 1/3 of size. Open them up and change the colors to Indexed instead of RGB.

the standard TGA files can either be converted to DDS files (need a update to PS) as Daoc now supports that file type and its generaly smaller.
Some of my TGA files didnt get that much smaller as DDS becouse i saved them with Indexed colors AND used the compress funktion in PS (dont compress bmps)

Other way to change size is to merge the tga/dds. warmaps can be merged to 1 instead of 3.

i dont see the need to go to the trouble of making them smaller

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Mxn said:
i dont see the need to go to the trouble of making them smaller

People with bad computers notice a diffrence. And it isnt that much of a trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom