Making money in hib through salvaging

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys,

This may seem a newbie topic but im a tad strapped for cash atm. However... I have access to a crafter with 525 in metalwork/woodwork etc and want to start salvaging drops. Im a bit of a noob when it comes to crafting and need to know a few things.

A) Where is a good place to farm mobs with a high rate of good salvageable drops? (im thinking cm or cf lepprechauns with the staff drops)
B) Is 525 good enough to make money? or do i need to be higher for better item trinketing?
C) Do you have any other good tips for making money? as it seems the respec stone market has been flooded a bit of late (stones down to like 3.5 plat now! wtf :p).

Cheers in advance for any advice and help,

Ad

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
a). Spot on, though DF if its open, farm seals, buy itemz, salvage them..

b). Theres a weird ratio of something like 2/3 material level to metalwork to salvage stuff, which in practice means you need 667 to salvage arcanite with no loss, lower values may give lower returns. Not sure what it works out for diamond but youre close.

c). There have just been some big arti raids, i think the CMs lack scrolls for some of the more popular artifacts. All depends on your chars and group as to whats possible, if your only solo then your best bet is to find some friends and go scroll farming, df raiding, or some of the arti/ml steps that drop template items.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
We will b fop bot enchanter or animist and a warden. We will also be lvling another animist up aswell. I just need to know what would be the most productive mobs to farm for metal stuff... I have access to a lgm armour crafter now so should b ok for making money on metal things :)

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
We will b fop bot enchanter or animist and a warden. We will also be lvling another animist up aswell. I just need to know what would be the most productive mobs to farm for metal stuff... I have access to a lgm armour crafter now so should b ok for making money on metal things :)

well Own ml1.1 island its giving u 3 metal drop 90% time u get a chance to get immolated ring but not a good leveling spot :p

and if u know the encounter u can get 5 metal drop every 10min or so!

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
you need 825 metalworking/woodworking to trinket stacks of 20 at tier 8 material (diamond bars / ebonwood).

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
DF is uber for salvage/exp
scrollfarming (meso) is good profit in scrolls and u get salvagedrops aswell
lepres, the frontier ones are nice but horner and other pricks know the locatoin all too well
on alb classic i found a spot where some named popped regularly and dropped leather by piles, altho no knowledge about one on hib :) (never had to worry about cash)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
my 667 was very old, based on doing single bars (its been that long since ive trinketed stuff).

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
araulite sells for about 1g/piece with a bot+chanter you can do about 1.2p per hour or so

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Darkmack said:
araulite sells for about 1g/piece with a bot+chanter you can do about 1.2p per hour or so
that or salvage the stuff u buy from it :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
You can make more money with salvation, all the gurus do it.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
If you can have aces to a alch: barels make a good amount of money. they only take some time to craft.

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
i sell a nice farming spot ^^ , few ppl know about it u need 1k in tailor / armor , mmm make 3-4 plats in 1 hour... pm me in game... or reply , and we setup a talk ..

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
667 will give u a full yield from top tier, but you need 900+ to trinket it.. thats problem.. so either u level the crafter to 900+ trinket level usuing your salvaged stuff, or just sell stacks at say 75% their trinket value on CM's, thats how i first made money on alb when i didnt have a trinketer. a post or two saying, stuff for sale cheap doesnt hurt either.

..and ofc i bought all boni's crap he couldnt be arsed to trinket hehe (which was a lot peeps.. a hell of a lot.. lazy bone idle git (boni idle?) ) ;)

however i have found a better way of making some fast cash. check FH.. see if artis are being done en-masse.. and farm the scrolls for them, sell em cheapish as book.. babading!.. got 24p last week on alb from Gov books and still got 2 left. took me all of.. oo.. 7 hours total with theurgist to get em?

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Tor_nada2004 said:
i sell a nice farming spot ^^ , few ppl know about it u need 1k in tailor / armor , mmm make 3-4 plats in 1 hour... pm me in game... or reply , and we setup a talk ..

Frostweaver in middy frontier by anychance? you tried to sell me the same crap before.

Tor_nada2004 said:
hmm mate i know a palce that u make money extremly easy , but u need a armor crafter , whit 4x anis u might wanna get 8 more char so u fill up inv whit armor's because armor drop at MAX 2 mob tell me if u wanna know , to tell spot it will cost u , not cheap

Glowyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Rofl!!!

Tor_nada2004 said:

Rofl i dont get it why sell information about a spot? if u dont wanna tell its cool but dont try to blank off u fellow hib from cash just becours u know a got spot... thing like this if hib get more plats they buy more on merchant if they buy more on merchant they buy more of u crap eny way! then we get a stronger force and u greedy ass get more money! peace out!!

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
If you want make money from salvaging, then 850 metalwork is your aim, 900 to use 19% less time (grey recipe).
If you go for staves, then your return will be half of what metal gives and you need woodwork on the same level (though this helps as well with making rps with repairs).

Timewise barrels are more money than scrolls and salvaging. They just don't give xp along the way and one barrel takes roughly half an hour. With an empty backpack and 22 slots in vault free you can grab enough materials for 3 barrels to make. Overall takes me around 2 hours to make 3 barrels this way selling them for 1 plat each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom