Making an order from GB.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I am about to put an order for a new Amp through a company named Big Cat Audio. Anyone here have any previous experience with them, think they can be trusted? They seem to be an official supplier for the amp brand i am ordering. Asking just to be 100% sure because it is not a small amount of money.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
their webby's a bit poo, that never fails to put me off </nerd>

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not one I've used. What is the model you are ordering, will see if it's on any of the sites I would trust.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
their webby's a bit poo, that never fails to put me off </nerd>

As opposed to the slick, glossy and professional looking Buy Consumer Electronics at Simply Electronics who took over £500 from my account and I never heard another word from them or saw a camera out of it? Had to pursue it through my bank and iniate a chargeback, took 3 months to get the money back.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure I've heard or seen the name before, but I could be wrong.

Whatever, do it through a credit card. More protection that way.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'm sure I've heard or seen the name before, but I could be wrong.

Whatever, do it through a credit card. More protection that way.

Unfortunately its not possible since they rarely make business with private persons (so they stated). I will most likely go ahead and do a bank transfer anyway, since its a good deal. I just wanted to be 100% sure by seeing if someone of "you people" have heard of them but i will take my chances anyway, thank you.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If they won't accept a credit card, even if you allow them to charge a premium, then don't do business with them.

Any business that won't take a credit card is either bloke in a shed, or not trustworthy.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Site looks pretty dodgy. There are no contact details for snail mail. Also, if you do a look up of the address of the domain

Registrant:
BIG CAT AUDIO

Trading as:
Big Cat Audio

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
16 Roman Bank
Leverington
Wisbech
Cambs
Unknown
PE13 5AN
United Kingdom

And then do a google street view of the address:
16 Roman Bank Leverington - Google Maps

It's someones house...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Unfortunately its not possible since they rarely make business with private persons (so they stated). I will most likely go ahead and do a bank transfer anyway, since its a good deal. I just wanted to be 100% sure by seeing if someone of "you people" have heard of them but i will take my chances anyway, thank you.

I have a nigerian prince I would like to give your email to.

Please re-read what you wrote and tell me you are not serious?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What's the lyrics to Ace of Spades? "You win some you loose some, its all a game to me" ? I'd say this is not exactly nigerian prince status, but im starting to worry a little.

TdC

just how good is the deal? remember if it sounds "too good" then it isn't real (or legal), simple as that.

surely there's a shop closer to you that perhaps has a less but still good deal, or is willing to import?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The amp sells for 8400 swedish kronor, it has been used as an demo ex. Here in Sweden, were talking at least 12k+++. It's a good deal, but not "too good to be true / legal". Also i got a cheap shipping fee, seeing as it is such a big item (12 gbp instead of 40 - 50)

TdC

well, tbh I wouldn't choose a used/demo model that I wasn't able to see/hear/use beforehand, but that's me. if you accept any weirdness that might happen is ok regarding the deal, then do as you will. speaking for myself, I'd not do it.

edit: example: the speakers I got are demo's, but I only accepted them after I'd been listening to them for half a day.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The demo ex arrived a few days ago, and is working great, if anyone else decides to buy anything from this company i can recommend, were in contact with this bloke that emailed me how things were going etc, good customer care.
The electric cord(?) was missing, so i nicked one from the coffee machine, good as new!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can recommend a guy that sent you what you were after, without the means to plug it in?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You can recommend a guy that sent you what you were after, without the means to plug it in?

I were looking at the big picture. Universal electric cords arent exactly hard to find. Also when you buy second hand items be prepared that some non critical items might be missing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's good news. You took a big gamble there but it appears to have paid off.

Now shine a UV torch at it, and see if the previous owner is on the case :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom