Making a Network

Tai

Fledgling Freddie
I play my PS2 online and so far I've been using ICS through my PC for my PS2 to connect to the net. However I just bought a router and tried installing it but I can't get it to work.

Anyway while doing this I accidently clicked "Obtain an IP address automatically" so it removed the IP that was in there and the subnet mask.

How can i retrieve these? I tried using www.whatsmyip.com but the ip it gave me didnt work, probably as thats the IP of my computer?

What IP is it asking for then?

thnks

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,

It is asking for a LAN IP which is used by the PS2 to connect to the computer.

The www.whatsmyip.com states only your internet IP which is used to access the internet.

Have you tried the default network IP?

Tai

Fledgling Freddie
hi nick baby

how can i find the default network IP?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Are you trying to use the router to replace your USB modem? What brand of router is it? Is your broadband ADSL or Cable (NTL/Telewest/Blueyonder).

You'll need to set your PC to obtain an IP automatically, and the same for your PS2. If you can get on to whatismyip.com then you should already be on the net. You want to disable internet connection sharing from your PC as that'll cause problems. Set your PS2 to get it's network connection details automatically - this should get everything connected fine.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Are you trying to use the router to replace your USB modem? What brand of router is it? Is your broadband ADSL or Cable (NTL/Telewest/Blueyonder).

You'll need to set your PC to obtain an IP automatically, and the same for your PS2. If you can get on to whatismyip.com then you should already be on the net. You want to disable internet connection sharing from your PC as that'll cause problems. Set your PS2 to get it's network connection details automatically - this should get everything connected fine.

We sorted it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom