Make yourself leet in RvR, D/L voice comms !

Zede

Part of the furniture
Wazkyr said:
already made a post like this. This is 100% the same as vent mix. Mostly seems as a cheap copy of Ventmix.

needs to be made a sticky - as week after week in grps, there is always someone who dont have it.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
voice communicators doesn't make you elite though :<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Not everyone wants or can use it, for a variety of reasons, doesnt make them a crap player tho.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
no it doesnt make them elite nor crap players, but if everyone use it, the grp effectivness will increase greatly.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Zil said:
nah lots of arpees and fh spamming does :eek7:

btw not meant for zebolt or anything (damn edit button timer thing)

Zede

Part of the furniture
actually title is refering to the "insults" thread and some banter with film :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Not everyone wants or can use it, for a variety of reasons, doesnt make them a crap player tho.

No it doesnt but personA with voice comms will still be better then personA without them.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
No it doesnt but personA with voice comms will still be better then personA without them.

Not true, if you play together for such long time you will not need any voice comms anymore as you know exactly what to expect from your group and don't need to shout "BG ME!!!111" or something as you will just know you will get it (if possible).
Not saying it's not a nice tool though a person who has his eyes open and knows whats going on will hardly have any advantage using it.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Not true, if you play together for such long time you will not need any voice comms anymore as you know exactly what to expect from your group and don't need to shout "BG ME!!!111" or something as you will just know you will get it (if possible).
Not saying it's not a nice tool though a person who has his eyes open and knows whats going on will hardly have any advantage using it.
So where is this magical group that plays so well they dont even need voice comms?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Eleasias said:
So where is this magical group that plays so well they dont even need voice comms?

Thats the people on the italian server, all six of them.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:

Well this thread wasn't really intented for the ones that have been playing together for so long that they don't need voicecomms anymore was it?!

Point is for a random group, the chances of winning against another group increases ALOT if everyone is using voice comm. You don't even have to speak, just as long as the leader can use it and have everyone listen makes the group alot better, as it is alot faster then typing stuff in chat..
And seeing as there's often problems (like different versions of vent) and so on, these programs are real nice!!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Well this thread wasn't really intented for the ones that have been playing together for so long that they don't need voicecomms anymore was it?!

No group can honestly claim to be able to read each others minds :)

NS have been together a year (albeit a few changes) and yet we still use vent every day, so no idea how someone can try claim a group can run as efficiently without vent as they can with it.

Edit: Almost a year, will be a year in March

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
well we are using voicecom for about 2-2.5 years by now :) tho we usually joking around, discussing other subjects and paying attantion only if inc. or not even then :)

edit: oh and we are teaching other ppl hungarian language xD

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:

So if you play long enough together, all the grps you meet follows the exact same pattern after a while so you know exactly what they will do etc? Must try that.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Zede tries to make a useful thread and once again the trolls destroy it..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Case said:
Zede tries to make a useful thread and once again the trolls destroy it..

actually he's trying to troll and failing to get a rise ;) however it's a handy link.

Voicecomms will make you better - no more /g incwest! 1231231236125355455455454554545454feck!

Doesn't work for everyone though (e.g. when you've got deaf people in your group though). Used to use teamspeak in my tribes 2 clan.

S

sabdart

Voice comms not only makes the group more effective but it makes playing much more fun in my opinion. I doubt I could be bothered to level to 50 without being able to chat while doing so.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
sabdart said:
Voice comms not only makes the group more effective but it makes playing much more fun in my opinion. I doubt I could be bothered to level to 50 without being able to chat while doing so.

Mind you, not having it has taken my typing speed well over 50 words per minute !

Typing on /gu or /g whilst twisting will do that !

Darzil

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Have never and will never use voice comms, for me it would spoil the atmosphere of the game (yeah yeah I'm a rp'er at heart) - yeah it means groups I run are at a big disadvantage but I guess that means we are even more skilled because we do occasionally win (for the humour challenged that's a joke).

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Its a much more sociable way of playing :] Makes it easier to do well also.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Javai said:
Have never and will never use voice comms, for me it would spoil the atmosphere of the game (yeah yeah I'm a rp'er at heart)

Why though...because people couldn't talk back in medieval times? If anything, the less you have to 'type' the more roleplaying it becomes ;)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Why though...because people couldn't talk back in medieval times? If anything, the less you have to 'type' the more roleplaying it becomes ;)

Well a large proportion of the people I play with are female characters with male owners :)

There is also, I admit, an element of wanting to keep a certain personal anonymity, possibly more important to an older female gamer than it would be to others.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:

haha thats so not true.. there are many factors which can change.. lets say adding stealther, aggroing mobs etc.. voice com is a must for any decent rvr grp

Case

Fledgling Freddie
We don`t let people into guild who don`t have voice comms since everyone must have it for guild raids.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I would hardly call myself "leet" but I love using Teamspeak, its just sooooooo much easier.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
my fun factor would take a serious dive if i couldnt listen / shout bs on vent with mah "leetDOThu" accent :)

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Voice coms are indeed more usefull as it's quicker to say something then typing it... However there are people who can't/won't get it and it is NOT compulsory to play this game.

In all fairness, people who say you NEED to get it or you won't join in or a or b or c event - you need to get out more.

All in all the way Flim has put it down here:
actually he's trying to troll and failing to get a rise
is exactly what i thought when i just saw the thread title.... :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom