make your own daoc commercial!

Funkybunny

Banned
ok so im bored... but i think this could be cool.. i know alot of you are playing around with photoshop and stuff.. so why not create a daoc commercial picture? :p

and i dont mean a negative or sarcastic commercalpicture, but something that looks cool..

alternativly, create a ad-campaign where you just put up what kind of commercial strategys you would do if you were leading the show...

best alternatives gets reputationpoints! :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
heh nice idea..

i'll try sumat when i get home but my imganiation on this kinda stuff is very limited.

Gamah

Banned
r0x7hg.jpg

Gamah

Banned
nerf i missed you out adding from the distence nipi.

edit: there we go

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I have a DAoC movie done by a fan who took part in the Cata Beta testing so has stuff from inside Cata - will try to find link and post it here - good soundtrack aswell :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
OK can't find where I dl'd it - anyone else remember - it's the Vid with soundtrack by Poets of the Fall - Don't Mess With Me

Funkybunny

Banned
Gamah said:
nerf i missed you out adding from the distence nipi.

edit: there we go
but... where is my grpmates? O_O im dissapointed.. imo you should put one or more of these in there aswell since i grp with them most..

Fao
Maug
Slitzskaft
Pilskaft
Priz
Neberi (aughealer)
Jazzer (aughealer)
Stinkbox from time to time aswell

so good work so far, but you should add in a couple of em aswell :)

oh yeah.. try to get some spelleffects from the aughealers!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
See, this is one of the things that's bugged me most about GOA's terrible record when it comes to promoting DAOC...look at some of the DAOC movies out there, look how damn good this game can look; you could assemble such a damn cool TV ad for the game out of footage from keep takes, dragon raids, arti encounters etc...think of it! Go for maximum visual impact, and think of what this game could offer.

If I knew how to do it, I would make this so people could see it. In my mind's eye, this looks bloody amazing...imagine seeing this on TV:

A misty sunrise in Hadrian's Wall...
text: ACROSS THE WORLD
<Music: eerie ambient chords>
Camera pans through the trees and across a river to the opposite bank
<music: 'Mars, Bringer Of War' by Gustav Holst>
text: THE GROUND SHAKES
Paladins and Armsmen are seen emerging from the mist to the faint rumbling of the opening bars of music, armour glinting in the early light. Half-Ogres follow, with a phalanx of spellcasters behind...
<music builds slowly>
text: THE WAR DRUMS BEAT
From dense forests, Shar and Firbolg come running, Lurikeen weaving nimbly through their ranks...
<music builds>
text: AND THE ARMIES GATHER
Grim, gigantic Trolls lumber through an icy waste, Valkyries in their shining armour right behind...
<music builds>
text: IN A WORLD GONE MAD
<rapid montage of shots>
A dragon turns its mighty head towards the camera...
A swarm of Essence Shredders charge the camera...
Apocalypse spreads his skeletal wings...
A hammerhead shark swims dangerously close...
A huge Griffon snarls in a giant ice cavern...
Battler looms...
A Gargoyle cavorts in the Veil Rift...
Shraogh snaps at the camera lens...
Chaosians and Succubi flap madly above a chasm in Darkness Falls...
A Raukomaz swoops from a blasted, barren peak...
Laodemia and her gorgons stalk towards camera...
Nosdoden lunges at the camera...
Beliathan emerges from a huge crevice in the depths of Darkness Falls...
The Glacier Giant stomps past, blotting out the sun...
An enraged Cthonic Knight slashes at the camera with a giant glowing sword (camera shakes)...
<music hits crescendo>
text: TO FIGHT THE ENDLESS WAR
<slightly less rapid montage of shots>
A Troll smashes his huge hammer into camera (camera shakes)...
Gouts of flame shoot from a caster into a battlefield swarming with figures...
A keep wall disintegrates under siege-engine fire (camera shakes)...
A full group of Hibernians charge out from tree cover and falls upon a group of Albs...
An archer shoots from a high keep wall...
An Armsman in shining platemail fends off a Blademaster's attacks with a dragon-emblazoned shield...
Two huge melee forces smash into each other...
A Stealther uncloaks to stab at a Norseman operating a Trebuchet...
Small figures swarm through a gap in a keep wall, casters pouring spells into them from the high walls of the central keep...
A huge, frenzied Berserker hacks a fleeing Elf into the ground...
A spectral Bainshee shrieks and fells those around her...
The camera pans to follow a Wizard's fiery bolt as it hammers into an unlucky Norse archer...
<music calms down a little>
text: THREE MIGHTY REALMS
Longer panning shots of the most photogenic areas of each realm intercut with a lingering shot of:
All the classes and races of Albion shown gathered outside the walls of camelot, the Albion cup in the sky behind them.
All the classes and races of Hibernia shown standing in front of the woods by Tir Na Nog, the Hibernian tree in the sky behind them.
All the classes and races of Midgard shown standing in the icy foothills just by the gate into the Midgard housing area, the Midgard hammer in the sky behind them.
<music builds again>
A huge zerg-sized force is shown from an aerial perspective streaming towards a keep...
text: FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL
A convoy of attack ships unleashes a hail of siege-engine fire at a keep...
Grim-faced Briton archers nock their bows as silhouettes are seen swarming over a nearby hilltop...
Figures leap from a bridge to chase others into the water...
A giant Troll readies a massive black two-handed cleaver...
Siege fire impacts on the top of a tower (camera shakes), dust englufing everyone around...
An imperious Elf swirls her hands, magical fire blossoming...
<music reaches crescendo>
text: IN THE DARK
<rapid montage between text>
A dragon breathes fire and fells numerous figures below it...
A ground-level camera shows a Troll falling to the ground in the midst of battle, cut down by a Highlander Mercenary...
Figures swarm around a Prince of Darkness Falls as he swipes at them...
text: AGE
<music still building in volume>
An Avalonian caster is hacked down by the Troll we saw earlier with his gaint cleaver, who then charges past the camera...
Typhon lunges at the camera...
An archer unstealths and fires past the camera...
text: OF
<music reaches final crescendo>
Medusa glares at the camera...
Camera over the shoulder of the Elf caster we saw before, spells flying from her to her targets who fall in the distance...
A two-headed dragon breathes fire and slaughters all in view...
text: CAMELOT
Aerial shot shows three distinct armies smashing headlong into each other...shot fades to title screen of game (with all the copyright stuff etc on it), this fades to black and music fades with it.

3 second pause on black screen

<two-second brief 'surprise!' shot>
Final stab of music as a giant Ketos lunges at the camera, tooth-lined mouth engulfing it as screen finally goes blank.

...now, I don't know about you; but if I saw that on TV, I'd want to play the bloody game.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
svartmetall, im pretty sure that could be made with movie making prog, now you just need to get some one who knows how to use one damn well, and then send it off to goa as an example of how to really advertise something, because, that, rocks!

Funkybunny

Banned
wow.. that was... beautifull svartmetall.. seriously gave me the shivers...

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
OMG...

Take three at writing this as there are no words to describe how great an idea that sounds :)

Takes me back to the old days where the game was an absolute buzz...

FGS, someone make that now and we'd see a HUGE pop increase...

Hats off to you Svarty... U rule :)

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Well done Svart. Why the hell can't GOA do something like that?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
but you forgot the line, "not available in the UK"

Funkybunny

Banned
imo all ppl press the svartmetall rep point because of his post... and someone film that one! i wanna be troll #3! :)

btw... imo the best spot for the mid squad is outside galplen.. with the woods and the bones and sea behind..

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Funkybunny said:
imo all ppl press the svartmetall rep point because of his post... and someone film that one! i wanna be troll #3! :)

I've already got the big black 2H cleaver rdy :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Funkybunny said:
btw... imo the best spot for the mid squad is outside galplen.. with the woods and the bones and sea behind..

I went for the spot I mentioned because I think you'd need to make the maximum contrast possible between the 3 realms, to emphasise the difference - Camelot's towering stone walls, Hibernia's lush forests and Midgard's snow'n'ice seemed the best way to do this. I know the spot you mean outside Galp and it's really nice, but IMO maybe not the most distinctively-Midgard spot there is.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
excellent svart....tears were in my eyes

i wanna play....i wanna play...

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
can i be the merc tho mine is a briton one, and hes still in his epic stuff and a bit of a gimp tbh (only had him 3 years) anyhow only problem is he will only wont be able to kill the troll unless hes naked and sitting down.. might take some of the punch out your movie.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
It just goes to show the difference between WoW and Daoc marketing teams. WoW is now up to 1.5 million subscribers worldwide with over 400k in Europe.

You ask 75% of the people playing wow what a mmorpg is and they don't know hehe. A lot of Blizzards success with wow has been down to their proven track record. Whether your a fan of WoW or not, Blizzard have done a great job of opening peoples eyes to mmorpg's.

The player base is there, mythic/goa marketing teams need to tap into it.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Great stuff Svart :) That would be a video to compete with the WoW trailer on the cinemas. Im 100% sure it would draw in new players - DAoC has so much stuff that speaks for it that its silly not to show it to a wider audience.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Fana said:
Great stuff Svart :) That would be a video to compete with the WoW trailer on the cinemas. Im 100% sure it would draw in new players - DAoC has so much stuff that speaks for it that its silly not to show it to a wider audience.

Absolutely. I see no reason whatsoever why the trailer I described couldn't be made and put on TV and yeah, maybe even in cinemas. It would rock and it would be certain to get a lot more people into the game, which would be good for everybody.

Funkybunny

Banned
well its relativly easy to sort out for us users... make a signuplist with 50-80 ppl on who can be actors. make a free-shard server or borrow one from one of the larger servers who have a setup and can run this, get a director (svartmetall) and someone who is good at editing and stuff... could post it on different websites, and send it to us and goa, could be a fun thing to do :)

Tiques

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetal! If you will assist me in judging the movie etc, so it gets perfect, as I sense you have the touch for this, Im more than willing to try and do those records m8!

Got fraps, good computer, and good edition tool, so shouldnt be that much of a problem! I'll message you here as well with my msn, please add me! I wanna make that one :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
the catacombs trailer on play.com is pretty good, dont see why they couldnt spread that around a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom